Tour de France Tour de France 2022 route rumors thread.

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The GC being made by adding stage positions together and the one with the lowest number in Paris being the winner
Pogacar would still win.

For the Danes out there. That large bridge on stage 2 towards Nyborg/Odense is on a E-W direction. The majority of winds in Denmark are westerlies. Is there a high chance of a crosswind on the bridge or a headwind? A higher chance of a potential crosswind may occur day later as the Sonderborg stage is mainly on a south direction.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I've waited a couple of days to clear my mind but i still see a lot of sh...err...mud floating around. I mean there are a couple of positive things like the cobbles, the less flat days (that doesn't necessarily mean less sprints but at least they need to fight a bit like we see often in the Giro or Vuelta) and the fact that at least this year they were able to put three real climbs in the same stage instead of doing only __/\/ or _/\_/\ designs with at maximum a little côte before.

But the problems are always there, they were good in masking the reduction of ITT mileage by making one a bit longer so nowaydays great minds like White immediately started to say "TT heavy route" but still we are barely above 50 kms in total, less than what a long flat ITT alone should be. The stages lenght is the usual crap, except one hilly stage, and mountain stage are again robbed from the Tour de l'Avenir, some gimmicks like the "Superplanche" are glorified and adding an hill here and there (think for example the hill before the uphill finish in Longwy) are described like incredible innovations. Not to mention the fact that in some things they are even regressing, a climb at the beginning of the stage is always good for extra action, with bad weather/particular circumstances could even lead to carnage like in Le Grand Bornard this year so what they do? Pan flat starts in every mountain stage except one in which there is the false flat up the Lautaret so basically is the same.

I was responding to CyclistAbi about the route, that the cobbles, even though is a high risk, gives opportunities to other riders to get some time on some key favorites. With all due respect, doesn't it have to do with the route?
Okay, I guess I misinterpreted your post. I read it as a criticism that the rest of the route, apart from the cobbles, was designed specifically for Pogi (and I think it's hard to imagine how you could design against him).

Put it this way. Without the cobbles and the first week, might as well give the Tour to Pogi. That is if he doesn't go to the Giro.
For sure cobbles represent an opportunity for his main rivals. Hence i don't feel the racing will be reserved. That is on why i expect if not for the main favorites then at least their support could take a hit. Such results after having an effect on race dynamics.

For sure cobbles represent an opportunity for his main rivals. Hence i don't feel the racing will be reserved. That is on why i expect if not for the main favorites then at least their support could take a hit. Such results after having an effect on race dynamics.
I think something is going to happen given the current circumstances. I think that is inevitably. This is different to the last time that Froome, Quintana and Co went through the cobbles unscathed. Nobody was interested in losing time there and they weont through it "softly". The power and favoritism that Pogacar has almost call for an all in attack from Ineos and other teams in that first week. They will probably want to induce chaos. That's why I think that race dynamics will be affected by this first week.

Reactions: CyclistAbi
The power and favoritism that Pogacar has almost call for an all in attack from Ineos and other teams in that first week. They will probably want to induce chaos. That's why I think that race dynamics will be affected by this first week.
I would agree with it if not for Roglic: then Pogacar would be a huge favourite, the biggest in years. In this case, however, Roglic is the second favourite and, if anything, it will be up to other teams to try to hurt the seemingly unbeatable Slovenian duo.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS