• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 3 (Vejle – Sønderborg, 182k)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The only idiot is Sagan. Almost every sprint involved in incidents. Yesterday too. It is an unwritten law that whoever leads the way can choose his own line. As long as he doesn't ride anyone into the barriers. Sagan never got past the rear wheel of Van Aert. Which also left just enough space. The jury knows more about it than you do.

To the right of WVA was the only direction for Sagan to go if he was to have any chance of winning. The path to the left was blocked off.

I don't see the commissars relegating WVA, but if they did, they would be justified.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Rewatched the sprint a couple times.
Sagan could've won if Van Aert didn't swerved so much. Groenewegen maybe wouldn't have a gap in the middle.
Philipsen started his sprint way before the others in the wind and came in 3th, he was the fastest today but not well placed because the man behind Mathieu couldn't do a pull in front and they lost a lot of places.
Jakobsen went into the last corner as 5th behind Morkov but had to brake or he went into the Wanty man who took it to wide.

Is Wout already DSQ'ed or not?

Sagan could've won if Van Aert didn't swerved so much. Groenewegen maybe wouldn't have a gap in the middle.
Philipsen started his sprint way before the others in the wind and came in 3th, he was the fastest today but not well placed because the man behind Mathieu couldn't do a pull in front and they lost a lot of places.
Jakobsen went into the last corner as 5th behind Morkov but had to brake or he went into the Wanty man who took it to wide.

Is Wout already DSQ'ed or not?

Do you think if Fabio stayed on Morkov's wheel, he would have crashed into the Wanty guy?

Reactions: Didinho

Ewan couldn't even launch his sprint. Pure speculation, but I think he would have won with easy otherwise.

Just came home after 3 days on the road at TdF. Sporting wise, could be a lot better (rain on stage 1, headwind on the bridge), but whatever. I have never seen this many people anywhere - Copenhagen was insane (4-5 layers on the 13 km course), Nyborg insane, Vejle insane. Enjoyed it, but I must admit I like watching cycling more in my living room, lmao.

What an experience! How are the other Danes doing?

Apparently they are still holding Magnus hostage. A certain individual that goes by RHD. Leading them.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Congratulations to Dylan Groenewegen for winning his career back.

Considering he was involved in crash this only makes it more impressive. Measured sprint that set things straight. Mezgec doing a good job. Magnus. What an entertainer. He will likely run for president in the future and has started his campaign early. If i remember correctly it was Laporte that said no. To Pogi yesterday when he wanted to be one of the JV boys. Hence today he had to ride at the back of the JV train. Was thinking if he is resting his team. Could be. On the other hand i just don't believe his team has the consistency to keep him at front at such stages. Second bunch (crash) sprint. Hopefully no real injuries involved. Some GC guys did lose time, though. When i seen cobbles i thought not safe. Then i seen a reduction of the road by barriers on top of that. That is in my opinion just stupid. It was like a perfectly set up trap to cause a mass crash.

Denmark didn't disappoint. If there would be sun on stage 1 and crosswinds on stage 2. That would be perfection. Still the spirit and 200km of continuous road fans. That can't be overlooked and ignored. Good job.

Congratulations to Dylan Groenewegen for winning his career back.

Considering he was involved in crash this only makes it more impressive. Measured sprint that set things straight. Mezgec doing a good job. Magnus. What an entertainer. He will likely run for president in the future and has started his campaign early. If i remember correctly it was Laporte that said no. To Pogi yesterday when he wanted to be one of the JV boys. Hence today he had to ride at the back of the JV train. Was thinking if he is resting his team. Could be. On the other hand i just don't believe his team has the consistency to keep him at front at such stages. Second bunch (crash) sprint. Hopefully no real injuries involved. Some GC guys did lose time, though. When i seen cobbles i thought not safe. Then i seen a reduction of the road by barriers on top of that. That is in my opinion just stupid. It was like a perfectly set up trap to cause a mass crash.

Denmark didn't disappoint. If there would be sun on stage 1 and crosswinds on stage 2. That would be perfection. Still the spirit and 200km of continuous road fans. That can't be overlooked and ignored. Good job.
When Magnus steps up to the podium, he’s getting a bigger (and longer) ovation that any of the other jersey wearers!

Cort-Faarup-Soe-Climb1.jpg

Screenshot-20220703-195406-Video-Player.jpg

Cort-Faarup-Soe-Climb3.jpg

Screenshot-20220703-195409-Video-Player.jpg

Screenshot-20220703-195254-Gallery.jpg

There’s a difference between losing and choosing not to be on Morkov’s wheel. He chose to leave it the second stage he won and on the final stage while the fourth stage he won he let it go when Morkov started.

Absolutely. A lot has been written about Cavendish's choice to leave Morkov's wheel on the Champs because it might have cost him the outright record for wins. He himself has wondered if he did the wrong thing.

Absolutely. A lot has been written about Cavendish's choice to leave Morkov's wheel on the Champs because it might have cost him the outright record for wins. He himself has wondered if he did the wrong thing.
Just like he decided to leave Blythe’s wheel atv2016 WC, which is a blessing in disguise as that would have been a terrible WC showing.

It’s good Jakobsen and Groenewegen started off with wins.

Reactions: RobertCrawley