• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France : Stage 1 Rotterdam Bruxelles 223.5 km

gd_depart_2010_carte02.gif

etape_par_etape.html

Discuss.

couldnt get a profile but it looks something like this

0km ..................................................................................................223.5km
rotterdam------------------------------------------------------------------------ brussels

should be sprint

A

Anonymous

If there is a lot of wind dont bet against sky putting the pressure on to try and make up some of todays losses for brad, or to move ebh/geraint up or into jersey contention

They will of course balls it up dramatically ;)

I actually have a really bad feeling the field will split tommorow and brad will end up in g2..

May 13, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
If there is a lot of wind dont bet against sky putting the pressure on to try and make up some of todays losses for brad, or to move ebh/geraint up or into jersey contention

More realistically, you could simply hope that they do better than in the Giro.

ETA: there's the 38m ascent near the finish. Vino will surely attack?

A

Anonymous

Matthias Frank wont start the stage. BMC already down by one. :cool:

May 6, 2009
Visit site
It will be highlights for me, as I have work tomorrow, I won't bother staying up to the middle of the night for some flat sprint stage.

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
might be worth watching..sounds like the wind isn't going to be up sadly,but will be fun to see who chases the break away..can't see saxo doing alot of it :cool:

A

Anonymous

weather reports ive seen say strong winds.

the sky weather forecaster is predicting rain from about 2pm

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Matthias Frank wont start the stage. BMC already down by one. :cool:

2226476828_30f4ebf229.jpg

Pettachi for the win! I think he is going to have a great tour and I find him entertaining to watch! II don 't know why but I just like him.

A

Anonymous

Ferminal said:
Well I guess he can use the opportunity to catch up with the Giro team who are reportedly still in Holland.

Now that WAS funny :D

TRENDING THREADS