• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Suisse 2012: Stage 5;Trimbach/Olten → Gansingen 193 km

profile-5.jpg

Stage 4 Results
1 SAGAN, Peter (LIQUIGAS-CANNONDALE) 4:36:55
2 ROJAS GIL, Jose Joaquin (MOVISTAR)
3 ALBASINI, Michael (ORICA - GREENEDGE)
4 HAUSSLER, Heinrich (GARMIN-BARRACUDA)
5 GAVAZZI, Francesco (ASTANA)
6 GUSEV, Vladimir (KATUSHA)
7 MONTAGUTI, Matteo (AG2R LA MONDIALE)
8 POELS, Wouter (VACANSOLEIL-DCM)
9 FREIRE GOMEZ, Oscar (KATUSHA)
10 CUMMINGS, Stephen (BMC RACING)

General Classification after Stage 4
1 COSTA, Rui (MOVISTAR) 15:43:52
2 SCHLECK, Frank (RADIOSHACK-NISSAN) + 0:08
3 KREUZIGER, Roman (ASTANA) + 0:15
4 PINOT, Thibaut (FDJ-BIG MAT) + 0:19
5 ROCHE, Nicolas (AG2R LA MONDIALE) + 0:21
6 LÖVKVIST, Thomas (SKY PROCYCLING)
7 VALVERDE BELMONTE, Alejandro (MOVISTAR) + 0:23
8 GADRET, John (AG2R LA MONDIALE) + 0:24
9 NIEVE ITURALDE, Mikel (EUSKALTEL - EUSKADI) + 0:26
10 DANIELSON, Thomas (GARMIN-BARRACUDA) + 0:29

Live streams:
http://www.steephill.tv/tour-de-suisse/#live

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Liquigas dont look strong bar Moser and Sagan so it could go to a break if there are no idiots like Cataldo in the break...
And if the other sprinter teams realise its not worth their while to pull back the break.

don't you love these profiles that make a 100 meter high bump look like a huge mountains. This one is for the sprinters as well.. Most of them should be able to pass every rise on the road without troubles

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm liking the new title format :p :D

Looking at the stage 4 results I'm sure Haussler is left wanting his ToC 2nd's instead of this. Still only 2nd rate sprinters with the aging Freire close behind, makes the upcoming TdF flat stages look all that more exciting for the fans.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I don't care if Sagan wins, so long as the others try something new. Here are a few ideas.

1. Get someone in the break and don't chase. Given that this doesn't work and it's coming down to a sprint. 2. Don't lead Sagan out wait and wait and wait (not likely as someone will get twitchy), 3. or start your sprint early, 4. if you're starting really early isn't fabian take a teammate. 5. Put a train on the front and have the last member not sprint so Sagan comes from a little further back.

If it were me I'd go option 1. then if the finish is technical option 5, if it's normal option 2. Go from about 300-350 out from about 10 wheels back, hit the front and go straight past it by as many bike lengths as you can get, hopefully more than 3, and see if Sagan can come back at you.

If you do all of this, Sagan is still at unbackable odds, but we all know waiting for the final 200 coming around him won't work.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't care I'm gonna support BMC to go on the attack.
At least they don't wait for the sprint, unlike other teams who think they can beat sagan.

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how fast Sagan is compared to Cav? It could get very interesting in the Tour sprints. Although at this point I still think Cav is faster on a flat sprint. Anyway it seems like this stage is perfect for Sagan so i'd expect him to win.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
This is the kind of stage Thor won last year ahead of Sagan and went on to have a great Tour. My bet would be on Sagan winning this stage and then go on to have a great Tour.

TRENDING THREADS