• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Suisse 2024, June 9 - 16

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Is Yates such a horribly bad TT:er that Almeida can take 30 seconds on such a short ITT?? Even if uphill.
Yes and no. It's 18k slightly uphill nothing crazy, but if their form is consistent, Almeida could possibly take back @2+ second per kilometer. Today's finish line interview, Yates said that Joao agreed to let him win the stage. So maybe it's already discussed that Yates has a better chance of holding off a 2 minutes back Bernal. Either way not easy for either guy.

Reactions: SHAD0W93 and noob
Yes and no. It's 18k slightly uphill nothing crazy, but if their form is consistent, Almeida could possibly take back @2+ second per kilometer. Today's finish line interview, Yates said that Joao agreed to let him win the stage. So maybe it's already discussed that Yates has a better chance of holding off a 2 minutes back Bernal. Either way not easy for either guy.
Slightly uphill nothing crazy? That's quite some underselling of a 10km at 8% climb. In my book that's a legit mountain TT.

Edit: Or have I missed some stage alteration?

I don’t see Yates losing more than 1 minute to Bernal with the respective current form of the pair

Reactions: noob
"cause I didn't want to attack my teammate..." :joycat: :joycat: :joycat: :joycat: :joycat: :joycat: qaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Slightly uphill nothing crazy? That's quite some underselling of a 10km at 8% climb. In my book that's a legit mountain TT.

Edit: Or have I missed some stage alteration?
You got it right, I am just using a sliding scale, that they will not have to race 100-120 k before, short and sweet, who knows someone could crack. You know I am singing the praises of Onley and Del Toro, either guy could come up with a big final day and big surprise. Onley is going well

Reactions: Sandisfan and noob