Tour of Denmark 2019

The 29th edition of the Tour of Denmark (PostNord Danmark Rundt) will start off in Silkeborg, Jutland, on the 21st of August 2019. There are five stages, including an individual time trial which this time takes place early on in the race (stage 2). As usual, the stage race will end in Copenhagen.

Here are the stages:

Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3, Stage 4, Stage 5.

(I don't think there is an English version of the stage descriptions.)
 
Re:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
I foresee a topic with little interest
But I think it's better to have a separate thread about the race than to use the dull "lesser known stage races" thread.

Of course, if somebody can't watch the race on TV, it's difficult for the person to have an opinion about it.

It's a 2.HC race so it's rated equal to for example Tour of Yorkshire.
 
Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
I absolutely hate the "lesser known races" thread. Such a mess to search through, so I applaud that Danmark Rundt gets a thread. Obviously, you could have waited to start the thread till the race is relevant.
Agreed, people just name drop a rider and a time gap and you are mean to know what’s happening.
 
Re: Re:

Scarponi said:
Cance > TheRest said:
I absolutely hate the "lesser known races" thread. Such a mess to search through, so I applaud that Danmark Rundt gets a thread. Obviously, you could have waited to start the thread till the race is relevant.
Agreed, people just name drop a rider and a time gap and you are mean to know what’s happening.
Uhm… I try to remember mentioning the race.

As for the Tour of Denmark; I'm just angry they're skipping Århus for the second year in a row!
 
Re: Re:

RedheadDane said:
Scarponi said:
Cance > TheRest said:
I absolutely hate the "lesser known races" thread. Such a mess to search through, so I applaud that Danmark Rundt gets a thread. Obviously, you could have waited to start the thread till the race is relevant.
Agreed, people just name drop a rider and a time gap and you are mean to know what’s happening.
Uhm… I try to remember mentioning the race.

As for the Tour of Denmark; I'm just angry they're skipping Århus for the second year in a row!
Well, you don't have to travel that far if you want to watch in either Silkeborg or Vejle...
 
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
RedheadDane said:
Scarponi said:
Cance > TheRest said:
I absolutely hate the "lesser known races" thread. Such a mess to search through, so I applaud that Danmark Rundt gets a thread. Obviously, you could have waited to start the thread till the race is relevant.
Agreed, people just name drop a rider and a time gap and you are mean to know what’s happening.
Uhm… I try to remember mentioning the race.

As for the Tour of Denmark; I'm just angry they're skipping Århus for the second year in a row!
Well, you don't have to travel that far if you want to watch in either Silkeborg or Vejle...
The "problem" is normally Funen. There is a public outcry everytime Funen is not included.
 
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
RedheadDane said:
Scarponi said:
Cance > TheRest said:
I absolutely hate the "lesser known races" thread. Such a mess to search through, so I applaud that Danmark Rundt gets a thread. Obviously, you could have waited to start the thread till the race is relevant.
Agreed, people just name drop a rider and a time gap and you are mean to know what’s happening.
Uhm… I try to remember mentioning the race.

As for the Tour of Denmark; I'm just angry they're skipping Århus for the second year in a row!
Well, you don't have to travel that far if you want to watch in either Silkeborg or Vejle...
Still bit far to ride my bike, I'm a cheapskate with a terrible sense of direction.
 
Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
Wait, it's a month away? I keep forgetting the race doesn't go on at the end of the Tour and back into the San Sebastián/Poland/Burgos/Portugal block anymore.
To be honest, I did too. :) But the organizers have just revealed the exact routes of each stage, I think they look a little more interesting than usual (among others things because the TT has been moved forward and stage 4 has a hilly finish).
 
Re: Re:

Danskebjerge said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Wait, it's a month away? I keep forgetting the race doesn't go on at the end of the Tour and back into the San Sebastián/Poland/Burgos/Portugal block anymore.
To be honest, I did too. :) But the organizers have just revealed the exact routes of each stage, I think they look a little more interesting than usual (among others things because the TT has been moved forward and stage 4 has a hilly finish).
Haha fair enough opening the thread, then :D
 
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Danskebjerge said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Wait, it's a month away? I keep forgetting the race doesn't go on at the end of the Tour and back into the San Sebastián/Poland/Burgos/Portugal block anymore.
To be honest, I did too. :) But the organizers have just revealed the exact routes of each stage, I think they look a little more interesting than usual (among others things because the TT has been moved forward and stage 4 has a hilly finish).
Haha fair enough opening the thread, then :D
Only one week earlier than last year though! :)
(when the race began on the 1st of August) :)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=34223
 
These teams will participate, according to an announcement today:

World Tour teams
  1. Jumbo Visma
  2. Lotto Soudal
  3. Team Sunweb
Pro continental teams
  1. Riwal Readynez
  2. Corendon Circus
  3. Vital Concept
  4. W52 FC Porto
  5. Hagens Berman-Axeon
  6. Bardiani CSF
  7. Sport Vlaanderen-Baloise
  8. Team Novo Nordisk
  9. Roompot Charles
  10. Israel Cycling Academy
Continental teams
  1. Hurom BDC Development team
  2. Uno-X
  3. Joker Icopal
  4. Team Waoo
  5. BHS Almeborg Bornholm
  6. Team ColoQuick
National teams
20. Team Postnord Danmark
 
The field looks a bit stronger than I expected. I'll miss Astana though. The stages would be perfect for a guy like Cort!


Start nummerNavneTeam
1Koen BouwmanTeam Jumbo-Visma
2Pascal EenkhoornTeam Jumbo-Visma
3Aamund Grondahl JansenTeam Jumbo-Visma
4Tom LeezerTeam Jumbo-Visma
5Antwan TolhoekTeam Jumbo-Visma
6Jonas VingegardTeam Jumbo-Visma
11Tiesj BenootLotto Soudal
12Brent Van MoerLotto Soudal
13Gerben ThijssenLotto Soudal
14Jasper De BuystLotto Soudal
15Jelle VanendertLotto Soudal
16Rasmus Byriel IversenLotto Soudal
21Asbjørn Kragh AndersenTeam Sunweb
22Martin SalmonTeam Sunweb
23Joris NieuwenhuisTeam Sunweb
24Florian StorkTeam Sunweb
25Louis VevaekeTeam Sunweb
26Marten KooistraTeam Sunweb
31Alexander KampRiwal Readynez Cycling Team
32Emil VinjeboRiwal Readynez Cycling Team
33Jonas Aaen JørgensenRiwal Readynez Cycling Team
34Nicolai Brøchner NielsenRiwal Readynez Cycling Team
35Rasmus QuaadeRiwal Readynez Cycling Team
36Torkil VeyheRiwal Readynez Cycling Team
41Lasse Norman HansenCorendon-Circus
42Tim MerlierCorendon-Circus
43David Van der PoelCorendon-Circus
44Jonas RickaertCorendon-Circus
45Marcel MeisenCorendon-Circus
46Philipp WalslebenCorendon-Circus
51Bryan CoquardVital Concept-B&B Hotels
52Bert De BackerVital Concept-B&B Hotels
53Corentin ErmenaultVital Concept-B&B Hotels
54Johan Le BonVital Concept-B&B Hotels
55Kévin RezaVital Concept-B&B Hotels
56Kris BoeckmansVital Concept-B&B Hotels
61António CarvalhoW52 FC Porto
62Edgar PintoW52 FC Porto
63Gustavo VelosoW52 FC Porto
64Joao RodriguesW52 FC Porto
65Ricardo MestreW52 FC Porto
66Samuel CaldeiraW52 FC Porto
71Mikkel BjergHagens Berman-Axeon
72André CarvalhoHagens Berman-Axeon
73Ian GarrisonHagens Berman-Axeon
74Jakob EgholmHagens Berman-Axeon
75Jonathan BrownHagens Berman-Axeon
76Maikel ZjlaardHagens Berman-Axeon
81Alessandro PessotBardiani CSF
82Marco MaroneseBardiani CSF
83Michael BrescianiBardiani CSF
84Mirco MaestriBardiani CSF
85Paolo SimionBardiani CSF
86Umberto OrsiniBardiani CSF
91Milan MentenSport Vlaanderen-Baloise
92Edward PlackaertSport Vlaanderen-Baloise
93Amaury CapiotSport Vlaanderen-Baloise
94Aaron VerwilstSport Vlaanderen-Baloise
95Thomas SprengersSport Vlaanderen-Baloise
96Sasha WeemaesSport Vlaanderen-Baloise
101Charles PlanetTeam Novo Nordisk
102Andrea PeronTeam Novo Nordisk
103Declan IrvineTeam Novo Nordisk
104Joonas HenttalaTeam Novo Nordisk
105Peter KusztorTeam Novo Nordisk
106Umberto PoliTeam Novo Nordisk
111Pieter WeeningRoompot-Charles
112Maurits LammetinkRoompot-Charles
113Sjoerd van GinnekenRoompot-Charles
114Huub DuijnRoompot-Charles
115Arjen LivynsRoompot-Charles
116Justin TimmermansRoompot-Charles
121Krists NeilandsIsrael Cycling Academy
122Conor DunneIsrael Cycling Academy
123Dennis van WindenIsrael Cycling Academy
124Itamar EinhornIsrael Cycling Academy
125Matthias BrändleIsrael Cycling Academy
126Roy GoldsteinIsrael Cycling Academy
131Adian KurekHurom BDC Development team
132Jakub KaczmarekHurom BDC Development team
133Nobert BanaszekHurom BDC Development team
134Tobiasz PawlakHurom BDC Development team
135Kamil ZielinskiHurom BDC Development team
136Macin BudzinskiHurom BDC Development team
141Kristoffer SkjerpingUno-X Development Team
142Jonas AbrahamsenUno-X Development Team
143Markus HoelgaardUno-X Development Team
144Erik Nordsaeter ResellUno-X Development Team
145Torstein TræenUno-X Development Team
146Anders SkaarsethUno-X Development Team
151Bjørn Tore HoemJoker Fuel of Norway
152Daniel ÅrnesJoker Fuel of Norway
153Fritjof RøinåsJoker Fuel of Norway
154Kristian KlevjerJoker Fuel of Norway
155Herman DahlJoker Fuel of Norway
156Ole ForfangJoker Fuel of Norway
161Rasmus GuldhammerTeam Waoo
162Michael Carbel SvendgaardTeam Waoo
163Silas Zacharias ClemmensenTeam Waoo
164Andreas Hyldgaard JeppesenTeam Waoo
165Martin MortensenTeam Waoo
166Jesper SchultzTeam Waoo
171Christoffer LissonBHS Almeborg Bornholm
172Emil ToudalBHS Almeborg Bornholm
173Mads RahbekBHS Almeborg Bornholm
174Martin ToftBHS Almeborg Bornholm
175Mathias BregnhøjBHS Almeborg Bornholm
176Nicklas Amdi PedersenBHS Almeborg Bornholm
181Niklas LarsenTeam ColoQuick
182Casper Von FolsachTeam ColoQuick
183Frederik Rodenberg MadsenTeam ColoQuick
184Jeppe Aaskov PallesenTeam ColoQuick
185Julius JohansenTeam ColoQuick
186Steffen Munk ChristiansenTeam ColoQuick
191Mads Würtz SchmidtTeam Postnord Danmark
192Frederik Irges JensenTeam Postnord Danmark
193Frederik MuffTeam Postnord Danmark
194Louis BendixenTeam Postnord Danmark
195Mads Gunnar MalmbergTeam Postnord Danmark
196Mads Østergaard KritensenTeam Postnord Danmark
 
Start list starting to take shape. Some pretty big riders:
Tiesj Benoot, Tim Merlier, Bryan Coquard, Connor Dunne…
Dunne is a big rider indeed, not like Tolhoek :)

Despite the "big" names hometeam Riwal still looks like the strongest team though. Quaade wants to join Kamp in the protour next year and a win here should make that plan a lot easier.
 
Reactions: Danskebjerge

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts