• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Series

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
What's peoples thoughts on the Tour Series?

Watching riders do laps of a city centre gets a bit boring for me. Great for people who are new to cycling but it's not proper racing is it?

Do the rider and teams really want to ride them or is it just for TV coverage?

I probably would have gone to watch it in Redditch tonight if i wasnt doing anything as its only 20 mins from me. However I'm away working so that was a no go.

I'm not really bothered about it either way. If there's nothing on tv I have it on series link and just watch the final 15 minutes. With it being on ITV4 it's probably decent exposure for the teams and riders.

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
ndmutt said:
What's peoples thoughts on the Tour Series?

Watching riders do laps of a city centre gets a bit boring for me. Great for people who are new to cycling but it's not proper racing is it?

Do the rider and teams really want to ride them or is it just for TV coverage?

Woking next week - I can get off the train there on the way home from work, wander round chatting to random friends I meet who have done the same, have some free cake from the nice ladies at the church hall, have a beer or two, and watch a crit while doing so.

It's not the most exciting thing in the world, but it's a nice social for a school night :)

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
The problem I have with it that apparently it cost around £120,000 per round when a race like the Rutland Cicle Classic (a UCI one day race) costs £40,000.

I know which I'd rather watch.