• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Poor Wanty, Piva will join them as a DS. The guy is a bit of a running gag on Italian forums and had a rep for being the worst DS on BMC/CCC and one of the worst overall. The one guy coming from that team that another team should reallly try to pick up is Pinotti, he was the driving force behind their TTT results as BMC and the one who worked with riders on their TT-skills.

Poor Wanty, Piva will join them as a DS. The guy is a bit of a running gag on Italian forums and had a rep for being the worst DS on BMC/CCC and one of the worst overall. The one guy coming from that team that another team should reallly try to pick up is Pinotti, he was the driving force behind their TTT results as BMC and the one who worked with riders on their TT-skills.

Wasn't it Cerny who had listed Pinotti as his favourite sporting legend in those infographics that were shown during the Giro?

Wasn't it Cerny who had listed Pinotti as his favourite sporting legend in those infographics that were shown during the Giro?
Pinotti is know in Italy for the fact that he never wanted to throw away garbage on the road (when he was still riding). He put the wrappings of all the energy bars/other food in his back pocket and brought them to the finish to throw them in a garbage can.

Not just Campenaerts but other well-known Belgian riders too - https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/va...ill-on-the-market-as-season-draws-to-a-close/

If there are any Belgian businessmen out there, now would be a good time to petition the UCI to allow a post-deadline Pro Conti team to start. You've got the Belgians from that article and what's left of NTT and CCC. Go for it!

I dont know if this could have anything to do with it, but you dont really see him in races unless it is an ITT.

I dont know how well that speaks to how he works as a domestic or maybe it is just in my head. Feel like he is a bit of a one-trick pony. Maybe that harsh on my part, but he has to show a bit more in other areas that just ITTs.

Guys like Kung, Ganna, Dennis and Cavanga for example are more present in races. In breaks. On the front. Doing work. Attacking.

Someone will surely take him though. He could be a good fit somewhere, just dont know where. Maybe that is the problem.

I dont know if this could have anything to do with it, but you dont really see him in races unless it is an ITT.

I dont know how well that speaks to how he works as a domestic or maybe it is just in my head. Feel like he is a bit of a one-trick pony. Maybe that harsh on my part, but he has to show a bit more in other areas that just ITTs.
It's a bit harsh indeed. :p

He finished 2nd after a breakaway on one of the Giro stages. I also recall him being visible on at least one more occasion.
Last year he finished 2nd in Tour od Belgium- he can do well in smaller races too.

Maybe you would see him working more if he was in a team with proper leaders, I remember him doing big pulls for Gesink in a breakaway when he was riding for LottoNL-Jumbo. He can definetely be useful outside of TT. I think he could be an interesting rider at a right team.

It's a bit harsh indeed. :p

He finished 2nd after a breakaway on one of the Giro stages. I also recall him being visible on at least one more occasion.
Last year he finished 2nd in Tour od Belgium- he can do well in smaller races too.

Maybe you would see him working more if he was in a team with proper leaders, I remember him doing big pulls for Gesink in a breakaway when he was riding for LottoNL-Jumbo. He can definetely be useful outside of TT. I think he could be an interesting rider at a right team.

Dont know why the other part of my post was so irrelevant it was removed in your quote of my post. Since we both basically agree with your last sentence right there.

Savio said he talked to Aru but they don't have the budget for him.

I don't really understand what kind of leverage can Aru have at this point though.
Aru only has leverage in his mind.
Jokes aside, maybe Savio could use him to get more money/a bigger budget from his new sponsor. One thing is sure, finding sponsors for smaller pct and ct level teams during the ongoing pandemic must be hard.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Aru only has leverage in his mind.
Jokes aside, maybe Savio could use him to get more money/a bigger budget from his new sponsor. One thing is sure, finding sponsors for smaller pct and ct level teams during the ongoing pandemic must be hard.
Savio's team has been the professional equivalent of a GoFundMe for as long as I can remember, so I'm sure he can get a bunch of startups and micro-businesses to pledge $10 each, pocket some buyouts of his young South Americans, and he'll be fine.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Alex Dowsett is staying with ISN with a new 2 year contract.

Maybe not so simple:

Israel Start-Up Nation's Alex Dowsett has announced that he has been handed a two-year contract that will keep him in the professional peloton until at least the end of 2022, but is unable to yet reveal whether it's a contract extension with his current team or whether he's moving elsewhere.

TRENDING THREADS