• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Damn, Sunweb has imploded. Something must have gone to sh*te internally I reckon, and the Dumoulin saga was whatever it is that broke the camels back.
It was long reported that Kelderman and Oomen would leave. However, initially, Sunweb tried to run the story that they didn't want to give either an extension, but reality proved the contrary and it was both riders not wanting to stay. Oof. Terrible PR.

That said, given Sunweb's accumulation of talent lately, I too wouldn't want to invest in two huge question marks. I'd rather throw all my eggs in the Leknessund or Brenner basket.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I'd rather throw all my eggs in the Leknessund or Brenner basket.
kQ5ttb05xXNE0c6trY_9jfqyuzaQyc09z-cAVzy6jss.jpg

• Haha
Looking at the Bora roster and assuming the Kelderman scoop by the Telegraaf is correct, I assume that means Majka and Poljanski are leaving and freeing up budget?
I can't see anyone of the austria gang leaving, maybe Konrad but even with him I doubt it. Of course it could also be Schachmann who leaves and is earning a lot, which will only increase with his next contract, but I doubt that too. Fabbro's stay is probably performance based and with Laas Lorang already said that they see him more as a long term project and a perfect fit personality wise.
Jay McCarthy could also be on his way out, didn't Mitchelton say that they're team could be even more aussie next year?

Looking at the Bora roster and assuming the Kelderman scoop by the Telegraaf is correct, I assume that means Majka and Poljanski are leaving and freeing up budget?
I can't see anyone of the austria gang leaving, maybe Konrad but even with him I doubt it. Of course it could also be Schachmann who leaves and is earning a lot, which will only increase with his next contract, but I doubt that too. Fabbro's stay is probably performance based and with Laas Lorang already said that they see him more as a long term project and a perfect fit personality wise.
Jay McCarthy could also be on his way out, didn't Mitchelton say that they're team could be even more aussie next year?

Mitchelton have been an admirer of McCarthy though he may not share the same interest - The Aussie rider/s should be a raw under 23 who is riding with one of the leading under 23 teams.

Last edited:
Mitchelton have been an admirer of McCarthy though he may not share the same level - The Aussie rider/s should be a raw under 23 who is riding with one of the leading under 23 teams.
If Mccarthy really does want to lead at the Ardennes classics he will have to move away from Bora, as will have to work for the likes of Buchmann, Schachmann etc.

If Impey leaves he could actually be a good replacement.

Well, Froome heading out opens up a lot of salary space to replenish the team.

I can't really believe they're going for another go on the Porte merry-go-round unless he's prepared to drop his own ambitions at this point in his career.
The Porte rumor makes my head spin, unless they can get him for dirt cheap. I'd have thought they might go for Kelderman who would be the most suited man for that one teammate you put behind the leader. He seems to fit every bit of Ineos, TT heavy GC rider not good enough to hack it as a leader so he comes to be part of the death train.

TRENDING THREADS