• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What are the WT-status rules for next year? And how many teams will it be?

This year starts the new rules which the licenses are for 2 or 3 years. Also they intend on cutting the number of teams down to 15-16 WT teams with the next set of licenses. Next year will be the same as this year. Although if a team folds they may not allow transfer of the license as they are trying to cut the number of WT teams.

Reactions: BlueRoads
I wonder if CCC will survive at all and if we're going to have 19 WT teams next year.

With Van Avermaet and Bevin already gone and with Masnada and Trentin rumoured to leave depsite having a contract for 2021, whoever was going to take over the team would struggle massively to complete a WT-worthy roster for 2021.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I wonder if CCC will survive at all and if we're going to have 19 WT teams next year.

With Van Avermaet and Bevin already gone and with Masnada and Trentin rumoured to leave depsite having a contract for 2021, whoever was going to take over the team would struggle massively to complete a WT-worthy roster for 2021.

They have seemed like a bit of a non team ever since CCC. Even with GVA I can't remember a single thing they have done in orange.
The new AG2R kinda reminds me of EF from a few years back with lots of individual guys who could go it alone but no depth for support in any discipline

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS