• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Wallays & Maes should be interesting for the classics department of any French/Belgian PCT team. Vital Concept, Alpecin, Bingoal... they should not have any problem finding a team.

Van der Sande is also interesting, he could get good results and points in lesser french & belgian races.

I can see Armee at Wanty. Marczinsky might get an option in a Spanish PCT (he lives in Granada and could be an option for Kometa. He would also be an upgrade on any Burgos rider)

For the other riders it will surely be difficult to find a professional contract.

I know he's not high profile compared to some of the others but Dibben was a World and European champion on the track with a WT win and experience at three WT teams - surely enough to attract some British Conti team or other.

slow day today....
Anyone know where the Rigoberto Uran to Astana is coming from ? or is it just some wishful thinking?

Strange transfer season that can only be blamed on COVID.. however with so many riders without contracts are we seeing a lot of teams waiting ? in order to push wages down?

Quite proud to announce that fellow townsman Rune Herregodts will become pro next year at Sport Vlaanderen-Baloise. Fairly unwritten yet, but interesting nonetheless.

To be fairly honest, Herregodts is an interesting talent. He has been flying under the radar, but is a proven gem in track cycling and showed some flares on the road too. As a first years U23 he was the equal of reigning world TT champion Bjerg in an important Dutch one day race, where the two of them did a duo attack and destroyed the bunch. Last year he already got the better of De Plus, who got a (questionable?) pro contract. He is already elite national champion track pursuit and a part of the Belgian squad. It's because of his medical studies and a long disease in the past, that people don't know him better yet.

Maybe I'm a bit biased because I know the lad, but he deserves a bit more credit. I hope he recovers well and will be able to show more in the future.

Last edited:
Halvorsen seems to wish for contract termination with EF so he can join UnoX: https://www.tv2.no/sport/11692800/
I expected that and I'm not trolling. :tearsofjoy: As soon as someone wrote that the reason he had not raced since lockdown was that he had had some mental problems, I kind of expected he might part ways with the team before 2021.

So fitting to the entire transfer period of EF. At this rate the team will have retained 0 riders by the time the next season starts. ;) In August they had 15 riders confirmed for 2021, now it's October and they have just 13 and still there are more rumours about riders terminating their current contracts than about riders signing new contracts! At this point I fully expect to read somewhere in the next week that Higuita or Bettiol will leave too.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I expected that and I'm not trolling. :tearsofjoy: As soon as someone wrote that the reason he had not raced since lockdown was that he had had some mental problems, I kind of expected he might part ways with the team before 2021.

So fitting to the entire transfer period of EF. At this rate the team will have retained 0 riders by the time the next season starts. ;) In August they had 15 riders confirmed for 2021, now it's October and they have just 13 and still there are more rumours about riders terminating their current contracts than about riders signing new contracts! At this point I fully expect to read somewhere in the next week that Higuita or Bettiol will leave too.

Vanmarcke also has offers from other teams but he's waiting on JV.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS