• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I wonder which riders stay at Qhubeka - Assos and who the final signings are. The more talented and accomplished riders already left the team, with only the ageing Pozzovivo, Campenaerts and probably Nizzolo staying. Except from those, Gogl and Mader (if he stays, which is unlikely) i can't see any other riders capable of acheiving some results in their current roster. Not many riders left in the market, so at the moment it seems the team will be weaker than several PCT.

I can't see, why Nizzolo would stay, if he has offers from teams like Movistar. He has clearly shown, that he's still a fine sprinter and with a better leadout, he could still get WT wins. He's not contracted for next year, so he would propably also have to accept a pay cut, if he stays with Qhubeka.

Reactions: TMP402
I even have concers as to whether they will be able to fill a roster with 27 pro riders.
There's no threat that a team with a WT licence will run out of riders to sign, ever.

There are always riders some with no contract around. I suppose also that many managers from smaller teams would've let their riders go for free if they got an offer from a WT, just to give them the opportunity. This has already happened in the past a couple of times.

Quality could be a big concern, though. :p

How many open spots does Movistar have left? 1 or 2? Edu Prades is out of contract (no idea who his agent is and that may be why). Then of course the rumors about them talking with Nizzolo and Lopez and they also had said they were interested in a rider or two that were at CCC. No idea where they are going with the last spot or spots on their team.

So could a team like Ineos, who could definitely provide a good lead out.
C'mon, Nizzolo and Ineos can't work, they have too many good climbers to bother taking a proper sprinter to a GT, let alone one with a lead-out.

Also NTT are likely going to have riders like Walscheid, Van Rensburg, Campenaerts, Stokbro and Barbero that could probably form a better train than what Ineos has to offer, especially with Lawless left now.

Reactions: yaco and search
There's no threat that a team with a WT licence will run out of riders to sign, ever.

There are always riders some with no contract around. I suppose also that many managers from smaller teams would've let their riders go for free if they got an offer from a WT, just to give them the opportunity. This has already happened in the past a couple of times.

Quality could be a big concern, though. :p

Sure they will be able to field 27 riders, but what i meant was competitive riders. According to reports they only have 11 contracted riders. If they re-up a couple of them, they would still need 13-14 riders, so they are going to have a busy end of November.

Simon Clarke, Dani Navarro, Sergio Henao, Anthony Roux, Dimitry Claeys, Jay McCarthy are some of the best out of contract riders excluding their own (assuming Kwiatkowski, LL Sanchez, Lopez, Lutsenko are all signed somwhere else, as well as Polanc, Mareckzo and a few others). The australians and the belgian could fit the team. Take 5 or 6 of them and a bunch of youngsters and i guess it is done, but Qhubeka is going to struggle next year.

Sure they will be able to field 27 riders, but what i meant was competitive riders. According to reports they only have 11 contracted riders. If they re-up a couple of them, they would still need 13-14 riders, so they are going to have a busy end of November.

Simon Clarke, Dani Navarro, Sergio Henao, Anthony Roux, Dimitry Claeys, Jay McCarthy are some of the best out of contract riders excluding their own (assuming Kwiatkowski, LL Sanchez, Lopez, Lutsenko are all signed somwhere else, as well as Polanc, Mareckzo and a few others). The australians and the belgian could fit the team. Take 5 or 6 of them and a bunch of youngsters and i guess it is done, but Qhubeka is going to struggle next year.
As far as I know McCarthy has some knee problems, otherwise you'd really have to try to sign him. I know that he's probably not WT level, but Minali is also still out of contract, he'd be a good 2nd sprinter (or maybe even a leadout man) for a PCT team.
According to Italian media Battistella has already signed with Astana and Sobrero is also a done deal, so those 2 won't stay with the team.

Reactions: Roku

TRENDING THREADS