• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers and Rumours Thread

Page 58 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Uae want to buy the contract from Almeida (DQS)!

Interesting... I think, for now, staying at DQS is the best move for him.

There are plenty races in the calendar so he doesn’t need to do the same schedule as Remco. And it’s not like he won’t have Pog ahead of him at UAE.

He thinks the riders won't epilate themselves. Don't know why he thinks that. Maybe because of the low budget, so no money left for that.

I went for the more... violent suggestion. I have a reputation - as one of those violently sadistic Danes - to keep up, you know.

INTERMARCHE-WANTY-GOBERT MATERIAUX

bit of a mouthful!

Wanty. They're Wanty!

Actually, doing either on their opponents would increase their chances of winning.

You're implying that if someone pulled a opponent's arm off/out of its socket, then it might result in a bit of a disqualification?

Well, you can "easily" pop a limb back into its socket, but pulling them off, would mean all muscles/tendons are severed and skin is torn. Not sure you can recover from that, unless you want a lifesupport suit like Anakin obviously.

It's a wookie we're dealing with! I think if a mad wookie started pulling at your arm, that arm's gonna come all the way off.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
He’s going to retire with palmares a fraction of those he might have achieved but will be able to take up swimming in a pool of gold coins like Scrooge McDuck

Which is sad for the viewer, but okay, if that's what he wants. It's his life, after all, and I think he's socially rather involved. What I don't like are people who go where the money is and then complain that they do not get support / freedom like they want to.

He’s going to retire with palmares a fraction of those he might have achieved
Is he really?

He's won a lot of classics and one week races and it's hard to imagine he would've won so much more only if he switched teams. Hell, it's not impossible he would've won less if he went to a team with worse coaching than INEOS.

He's mostly a domestique only in GTs and he could've maybe won a couple of GT stages more had his team choices been different but that would hardly make his current palmares a fraction of what could've been otherwise if we consider other things he won, like WC RR, Amstel, MSR, Tirreno etc. Even if he had focused on classics more compared to stage races, he's always been a guy who won races through versatility and cleverness rather than sheer power so I don't think he would've dominated any kind of classics either way.

I think this kind of rhetoric is exaggerated.

Is he really?

He's won a lot of classics and one week races and it's hard to imagine he would've won so much more only if he switched teams. Hell, it's not impossible he would've won less if he went to a team with worse coaching than INEOS.

He's mostly a domestique only in GTs and he could've maybe won a couple of GT stages more had his team choices been different but that would hardly make his current palmares a fraction of what could've been otherwise if we consider other things he won, like WC RR, Amstel, MSR, Tirreno etc. Even if he had focused on classics more compared to stage races, he's always been a guy who won races through versatility and cleverness rather than sheer power so I don't think he would've dominated any kind of classics either way.

At last a reasonable and realistic opinion about Kwiato's career.

Is he really?

Exaggerated ... but not entirely wrong I think. Well, not a fraction of what he might have achieved. But he really could have got more with a seasonal plan which would have put his aims first. Not everyone's Wout van Aert. For such an all-rounder to get the best results it usually seems really important to set certain goals and train specifically towards them, this concerning timing as well as specific strengths.
I think Liège, another WC title, maybe Flanders could have been possible. Also, but that's not Sky's fault, I wonder what he could have done in Rio had he not worked for Majka the way he did, but the other way around. Well, that's all just speculation of course...

Exaggerated ... but not entirely wrong I think. Well, not a fraction of what he might have achieved. But he really could have got more with a seasonal plan which would have put his aims first. Not everyone's Wout van Aert. For such an all-rounder to get the best results it usually seems really important to set certain goals and train specifically towards them, this concerning timing as well as specific strengths.
I think Liège, another WC title, maybe Flanders could have been possible. Also, but that's not Sky's fault, I wonder what he could have done in Rio had he not worked for Majka the way he did, but the other way around. Well, that's all just speculation of course...

Bad positioning cost him at Liege in 2017, would of most likely won otherwise.

True on both accounts, but he’s a rider who has made a very clear decision about his priorities.

Kwiato was world champ at a young age, won a bunch of races and now has a very large bank balance as i would iamgine the highest paid super dom in cycling. We as fans say oh he should of won this and that and his career is wasted, but not everyone is motivated by comparing palmares with others and ranking themselves based on results of races. The fact is, he gets pai a ton of money to ride his bike (the thing we all wish we could do) Good for him. Also if i had the choice of going to a smaller budget team, with less luxuries and looked after less but the chance to win a few more races or get paid massive amounts of money to ride for the biggest team with every single thing taken care of, i know that would be a tough decision as well.

Sunweb become Team DSM, kit looks nice
iMkGMtbnRcbaqyZkiepFE3-970-80.jpg.webp

TRENDING THREADS