Trek ds 8.3 'clicking'?

Jan 30, 2020
I have recently bought a trek ds 8.3. There has been a clicking that I can feel when pedaling....I checked the pedals and they were found to be faulty. Have taken the bike back to the shop, they removed the pedals and have ordered new ones for me. They also fitted a second hand set of pedals to keep me going until the new ones arrive. But I have noticed the clicking that I can hear and feel thru my feet is still there. Has anybody got any ideas or experience of what it may be???? Thanksomegle xender

Last edited:
I have recently bought a trek ds 8.3. There has been a clicking that I can feel when pedaling....I checked the pedals and they were found to be faulty. Have taken the bike back to the shop, they removed the pedals and have ordered new ones for me. They also fitted a second hand set of pedals to keep me going until the new ones arrive. But I have noticed the clicking that I can hear and feel thru my feet is still there. Has anybody got any ideas or experience of what it may be???? Thanks
Are they SPD pedals (or other type of cleat)? Be sure that the cleat is tight on the shoe. Be sure that it is the correct cleat too. That's the easy stuff to check first. Like Jay said, next could be BB preload and/or crank arm.

I just looked and that bike has a chain guard so be sure that isn't touching anything (ie: derailleur).

ASK THE COMMUNITY