U.S. Politics

Page 191 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bala Verde said:
Correct. Franken. But then again, it's difficult the first time. Second time you have an organization that works for you and you've had 6 years to build relations with constituents. His committee assignments are not something that would help him though, and I think Rs really dislike him. So you are right that it could be high on the list, but who will the run. T-Paw, Michele Bacherach, Coleman again... they also need an appealing candidate.

Good times; election 2014, haha.
Oops,i thought you meant franken was going to leave it after 1 term. If he is going for reelection then yeah its more difficult. Pawlenty might as well go for it as his national ambitions havent really materialized.

Sep 10, 2009
The Hitch said:
Presumably MN is the seat Al Franken won after 10 recounts against Coleman. Considering how close that was in the big Democrat election of 2008, gop will probably be feeling good about that 1.
Franken's pretty popular - in hypothetical head-to-head matches against other big-name MN politicos, he easily comes out on top:

He has a 51-41 advantage over Norm Coleman, a 52-41 one over Tim Pawlenty, and a 57-35 advantage on Michele Bachmann. It's impossible to say what the political climate will look like in 2014, but at least for now Franken finds himself in a strong position. http://www.examiner.com/article/al-franken-popular-minnesota
A lot can and will change between now and 2014 but I don't think it'll be so easy to unseat Franken.

EDIT: never mind, just saw your post above.

Mar 10, 2009
Rumors are circulating that internal GOP memo had Obama at +5 in OH. Apparently someone (reporter?) on CNN.

Aug 9, 2012
Bala Verde said:
Rumors are circulating that internal GOP memo had Obama at +5 in OH. Apparently someone (reporter?) on CNN.
Yep, he said a guy gave him some internal numbers. It would according to them explain GOPs recent activity there. I.e. desperation.

May 14, 2010
I just hope they remembered to change the programming in these electronic voting machines. Wouldn't it be funny if we wake up in the morning and find that George W. has been "elected" again!

Feb 25, 2011
Maxiton said:
I just hope they remembered to change the programming in these electronic voting machines. Wouldn't it be funny if we wake up in the morning and find that George W. has been "elected" again!
thank you for peppering my dreams... gravity boots, W, and convincing gendarmes i was rushing home to vote against him...

CNN, bring back Carville, he's my honey! (no offence, Maxiton)

May 14, 2010
thirteen said:
thank you for peppering my dreams... gravity boots, W, and convincing gendarmes i was rushing home to vote against him...

CNN, bring back Carville, he's my honey! (no offence, Maxiton)
None taken. And just let me know when you're ready for salty. :p

Edit: salty talk, that is.

Feb 25, 2011
The Hitch said:
I hear he likes his chicks republican ;)
he does!

but, otherwise, he's just about perfect!

(full disclosure: they're both pretty cool even if she was a bit misguided in her youth ;) Lee could charm the pants off... )

Jun 22, 2009
thirteen said:
please god, it's way past my bedtime!
..and mine, have to be up early (for me, anyway) to take mother-in-law to the hospital, but I can't imagine simply going to bed now....

thirteen said:
he does!

but, otherwise, he's just about perfect!

(full disclosure: they're both pretty cool even if she was a bit misguided in her youth ;) Lee could charm the pants off... )

he is married to mary Matalin.
auscyclefan94 said:
Good news for Romney is that he is up in Virginia.

umm no. nowhere near enough of the vote has been counted.
Especially for virginia. In 2008 i remember with 3/4 of the vote in mccain was ahead and the bbc said that he looked like he managed to win it. obama ended up winning by 6%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MarieDGarzai Non-Cycling Discussions 2