U.S. Politics

Page 210 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2010
VeloCity said:
Kinda the point. Lots of people don't

http://brennan.3cdn.net/9f841eac60088747cf_g4m6bhkku.jpg

See that 8% Caucasian versus 25% African American and 18% of 18-24 year olds? And you wonder why Rs are so insistent on photo ID laws. It's not to prevent voter fraud, it's to prevent certain eligible voters from being able to vote. Fortunately, we have Pennsylvania House Republican Leader Mike Turzai to explain why photo ID laws are so important to Rs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuOT1bRYdK8
This is a joke right?

People who don't have a valid ID in this day and age is a freaking lost cause. What a stupid argument. An ID will not stop anyone from voting???????? Laughing at anyone who makes this some type of issue.

I asked around the office here and so far I'm not able to find one single person who does not have an ID. The Dutch, Norwegians, French, British, Canadians, and Mexicans etc. have an ID here at my office. What really is the problem with having an ID?

̿ ̿̿’̿’\̵͇̿̿\з==(•̪●)==ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿

Mar 17, 2009
Glenn_Wilson said:
This is a joke right?

People who don't have a valid ID in this day and age is a freaking lost cause. What a stupid argument. An ID will not stop anyone from voting???????? Laughing at anyone who makes this some type of issue.

I asked around the office here and so far I'm not able to find one single person who does not have an ID. The Dutch, Norwegians, French, British, Canadians, and Mexicans etc. have an ID here at my office. What really is the problem with having an ID?

your criminal record may follow you :eek:

Dec 7, 2010
Dec 7, 2010
ALL 50 STATES?

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/14/white-house-secede-petitions-reach-660000-signatures-50-state-participation/

Texas has some trouble on its hands because the Guvnah says no way they will leave the Union but he has all these fools signing national petitions. Then there is the Cities of Houston and Austin who want out of Texas if such nonsense was to become fact. Wowz.

I looked up the county by county vote map for the presidential election. I am unable to link the image but I am trying for the first time to put an image here, hope it works.

I guess ChrisE's vote counted in Harris county, because I see that as usual it went Blue. Who knew.... according to our liberal friends here everyone in Texas votes republican.
I will go ahead and accept the apologies that are sure to come from you liberals. :D

Sep 10, 2009
Glenn_Wilson said:
Who knew.... according to our liberal friends here everyone in Texas votes republican.
I will go ahead and accept the apologies that are sure to come from you liberals. :D
um, you have been seeing the posts from your liberal friends about how Texas will soon be a blue state, right?

Jul 9, 2009
Glenn_Wilson said:
ALL 50 STATES?

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/14/white-house-secede-petitions-reach-660000-signatures-50-state-participation/

Texas has some trouble on its hands because the Guvnah says no way they will leave the Union but he has all these fools signing national petitions. Then there is the Cities of Houston and Austin who want out of Texas if such nonsense was to become fact. Wowz.

I looked up the county by county vote map for the presidential election. I am unable to link the image but I am trying for the first time to put an image here, hope it works.

I guess ChrisE's vote counted in Harris county, because I see that as usual it went Blue. Who knew.... according to our liberal friends here everyone in Texas votes republican.
Populated areas vote Democratic empty space votes Republican.

Dec 7, 2010
VeloCity said:
um, you have been seeing the posts from your liberal friends about how Texas will soon be a blue state, right?
How long you reckon "soon" is?

Hint ....don't get your hopes up to high. That Voter ID laws will stop all the Illegal aliens from voting so I am not sure when you expect Texas to flip.

Sep 10, 2009
And right back to the stupid.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/nine-lawmakers-back-charging-federal-officials-who-implement-obamacare-here-n47kl10-179180251.html

Rep. Chris Kapenga (R-Delafield) is one of the nine from Wisconsin who told the Campaign for Liberty he would back legislation to declare Obamacare illegal and allow police to arrest federal officials who take steps to implement it in Wisconsin. He said he believes the health care law is unconstitutional, despite the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling that it passes constitutional muster.

"Just because Obama was re-elected does not mean he's above the constitution," Kapenga said.

The other current and newly elected lawmakers said they supported the entire agenda of Campaign for Liberty, according to the group's website.

The Campaign for Liberty and others endorse a notion being promoted by conservatives called nullification that holds that under the 10th Amendment states can ignore federal laws if they choose.

Sep 10, 2009
Glenn_Wilson said:
This is a joke right?

It's not about the ID's, Glenn. It's about how to keep the minority/youth vote down so Romney can win.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/11/romney_wisconsin_voter_id.php?ref=fpblg

Jan 11, 2010
Glenn_Wilson said:
This is a joke right?

You mean all foreigners carry an ID? Well, d0h.

Sep 10, 2009
Scott SoCal said:
Let them go. You guys hate the south anyways.
On second thought, maybe we should let them go. Save us a lot of money.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-the-confederacy-of-takers/2012/11/13/d8adc7ee-2dd4-11e2-beb2-4b4cf5087636_story.html

Red states receive, on average, far more from the federal government in expenditures than they pay in taxes. The balance is the opposite in blue states. The secession petitions, therefore, give the opportunity to create what would be, in a fiscal sense, a far more perfect union.Among those states with large numbers of petitioners asking out: Louisiana (more than 28,000 signatures at midday Tuesday), which gets about $1.45 in federal largess for every $1 it pays in taxes; Alabama (more than 20,000 signatures), which takes $1.71 for every $1 it puts in; South Carolina (26,000), which takes $1.38 for its dollar; and Missouri (22,000), which takes $1.29 for its dollar.
"The Confederacy of the Takers" ;)

Nov 8, 2012
VeloCity said:

That is stupid.

Here's more stupid;

Cap and trade starts today in Cali.

Extraordinarily smart people at the California Air Resources Board have taken to using the term "leakage" as they go about devising the experimental cap and trade system for reducing greenhouse gases.

Homer Perez, head boiler mechanic at Pacific Coast Producers' tomato cannery off East Main Street in Woodland, might use a word that is more familiar to the rest of us: "layoff."
In the world's richest tomato-growing region, at the height of harvest, Perez's job is secure for now. But that's subject to change. Or leakage. In air board parlance, leakage refers to the possibility that a job or business might leave the state. Leakage would be collateral damage as California embarks on cap and trade, by which polluters buy and sell credits to offset emissions in auctions set to begin in November. The board believes the cannery is at medium risk for leakage.

Sen. Roderick Wright, a Los Angeles-area Democrat, held a hearing last week on leakage, and left no doubt that he thinks California will leak jobs as the air board leads us on the bold new adventure. Cap and trade will add costs and complications, and business will close or cut production.
Frank Muller is a tomato grower in Yolo County and chairman of Pacific Coast Producers. A lifelong farmer who is the son and grandson of farmers, Muller understands the vagaries of weather, pests, water, mechanical harvesters and labor supply. He complies with worker safety, wastewater and air emission rules.

In his office, he thumbs though a manual detailing the steps he must follow to comply with one of his customer's demands that he practice sustainable agriculture. Safeway, Sysco, Wal-Mart and other customers audit the cannery to make sure it complies with quality standards.

He can handle all that. But he knows nothing about auctions, especially not those in which traders from Goldman Sachs and other sharp operators are involved.

"We don't have a trading desk," Muller said.

Muller led me on a tour of the cannery one day last week. He figured 306 truckloads would arrive that day. Roughly 80 percent of the tomatoes are grown within a 15-mile radius of Pacific Coast Producers.

That's an important point. Growers use far less diesel fuel to truck tomatoes from a Yolo County field to the Woodland cannery than if the packing plant were across a state line in, say, Nevada. And imagine the amount of fuel used to ship tomatoes across the Pacific Ocean from China, a growing presence in the processed tomato business.
Ok Velo. Breathe in that last paragraph.

The really excellent news out here is we have very low unemployment, a booming economy and very low tax base with a highly educated work force.:cool:

So we should be able to get through cap and tax.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/08/19/4736585/dan-morain-will-jobs-be-lost-with.html

Dec 7, 2010
Scott SoCal said:
That is stupid.

Here's more stupid;

The really excellent news out here is we have very low unemployment, a booming economy and very low tax base with a highly educated work force.:cool:

Scott didn't Valero say they would close their refinery if Cali cap and trade went into effect? I was curious if it is just a threat or they will go for it.

Sep 10, 2009
Scott SoCal said:
We are running Trillion + dollar deficits every year. I'd be stunned if any states were money makers for the Feds.
Go back and read the article.

To be fair, White House officials could refuse the secession petitions of states Obama won, such as New York (which gets only 79 cents on its tax dollar), Michigan (85 cents) and Colorado (79 cents).
http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfoundation.org/files/docs/sr139.pdf

Figure 1.

Most of the states that are predominately less than $1 (ie they pay more in taxes than receive federal funds) are blue states (you might especially note California ;), most over $1 (ie they receive more federal funds than they pay in taxes) are red states.

Sorry, who are the "makers" and the "takers" again? ;)

Nov 8, 2012
VeloCity said:
Go back and read the article.

http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfoundation.org/files/docs/sr139.pdf

Figure 1.

Most of the states that are predominately less than $1 (ie they pay more in taxes than receive federal funds) are blue states (you might especially note California ;), most over $1 (ie they receive more federal funds than they pay in taxes) are red states.

Sorry, who are the "makers" and the "takers" again? ;)
You do realize in 2006 our deficit was less that 250 Billion and the debt was half what it is now, right?

Maybe you can dig up some current data. At our level of GDP compared to our level of spending I just don't see the math that could lead to States being profitable. Maybe the Dakotas, but nothing with population centers that doesn't produce energy. No way.

Nov 8, 2012
Glenn_Wilson said:
Scott didn't Valero say they would close their refinery if Cali cap and trade went into effect? I was curious if it is just a threat or they will go for it.
Don't know. The carbon credit trading started today, so we'll see.

It's stupid. It's Californian.

Jul 4, 2009
Scott SoCal said:
Don't know. The carbon credit trading started today, so we'll see.

It's stupid. It's Californian.
...shouldn't it read?...

It's stupid. It's So Californian.

....you may now resume your normal activities....

Cheers

blutto

Sep 10, 2009
Scott SoCal said:
Here's more stupid;

Good for California. Hopefully other western states will join in and hopefully Obama will use his leverage to get some movement on cap and trade nationally. It's way past time.

Nov 8, 2012
VeloCity said:
Good for California. Hopefully other western states will join in and hopefully Obama will use his leverage to get some movement on cap and trade nationally. It's way past time.
See, now my solution would be to outlaw Italian food.

Had no idea that canning tomato's and making tomato paste would make ocean levels rise.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MarieDGarzai Non-Cycling Discussions 2