• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

U.S. Politics

Page 2460 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Unchained said:
Not sure the real numbers for the special counsel investigation. No matter what the number of was done professionally and the results were substantial.
Including Russian military officials brought up on charges here in the US.
The display of disrespect our President showed to our law enforcement agencies today was impeachable.
The giggling finger wag toward Putin w a teenage like sarcasm was an act unbecoming of any American let alone our President.
I said before that Trump going completely off the rails in France was officially disturbing and today was the act of a foreign agent not the President of the United States.
Our President 's obsession with pleasing Putin needs to be addressed by Congress. If he can't be convinced that he is wrong,OK..but what he has done and said working for our country needs legislative oversight.

I wonder if Vlad looks big when Donald holds it in his tiny hands?
dt's joking with vp is just another example of his lack of intelligence and excess of hubris. He is a poker player who deals himself a royal flush (from a deck under the table), smiles, laughs, and tells everyone that he has a royal flush before the chips are on the table. But when no one bets, he takes their chips anyway.

He won the election at least in part because of Russia. But instead of keeping that to himself, he has acknowledged it many times. Joking with vp about it on world-wide TV is just another big "in your face" from him.

I ask again, unless you are a billionaire raking in the rewards of prez dt, why would you support him?

US cranking up the anti-Shia rhetoric -
https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/06/29/599692/Saudi-pipeline-Iraq-Yemen
A US report says American officials claimed that the drone attacks on Saudi Arabia’s oil pipeline in May originated from Iraq, not Yemen.

The US has conveyed the assessment to Iraqi officials, with Secretary of State Michael Pompeo calling Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi to raise the matter earlier this month, reported The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) on Friday.

The report said that American officials came short of providing any further details or reasons for the assessment, other than the drone attacks being "more sophisticated than previous ones launched by Houthi forces in Yemen".
The specific drone attacks, singled out by US authorities, hit two Saudi oil pumping stations deep inside the oil-rich kingdom on May 14, leading to a temporary shutdown of the country's vital 1200 km long East-Weat oil pipeline.

The American assessment comes despite the attack being officially claimed by Yemen's Houthi Ansarullah movement, a claim confirmed by Saudi officials.

The report prompted Baghdad's rebuttal, with Iraqi officials asking Washington for more information supporting the claim.

Baghdad has so far not received any conclusive evidence, according to the WSJ.
The report claimed that Washington's assessment comes as the US is growing increasingly wary of "Iran-allied militias" in Iraq, a common label used by Washington to identify forces operating as Iraq's Popular Mobilization Units (PMU).

The US has also blamed a series of recently unclaimed rocket attacks targeting US facilities in Iraq on "Iran-allied" elements, further pressuring Baghdad to counter its PMU-aligned resistance forces.

So if the President,the population and the Congress have learned nothing in @20 years then what? Did Trump ever ask Putin why the Soviet Union stopped fighting after getting an asz kicking in Afghanistan?
If Team Trump thinks starting any kind of new conflict with Iran is a good idea for the US..for Israel,for the region for the world we are all idiots.
Worldwide we see what Trump style logic will get us..
Trumps G20 behavior was summed up pretty funny by Scott Horsley,NPR correspondent..Trump talks tough but in person he is nice to all those he insulted from afar..
Like the kid in grade school that yelled something @2 blocks away as to not get his butt kicked.

Re:

Unchained said:
So if the President,the population and the Congress have learned nothing in @20 years then what? Did Trump ever ask Putin why the Soviet Union stopped fighting after getting an asz kicking in Afghanistan?
If Team Trump thinks starting any kind of new conflict with Iran is a good idea for the US..for Israel,for the region for the world we are all idiots.
Worldwide we see what Trump style logic will get us..
Trumps G20 behavior was summed up pretty funny by Scott Horsley,NPR correspondent..Trump talks tough but in person he is nice to all those he insulted from afar..
Like the kid in grade school that yelled something @2 blocks away as to not get his butt kicked.
Seriously? Everyone knows that if you want to boost the American economy, you go to war somewhere - no one profits more from such a thing than the US...
As if trump n co. would do anything that they weren't going to profit from :rolleyes:

Here is a sample of what is wrong with our country. An even tempered law enforcement officer laying everything out. A hysterical women,pretty young wo lots of life experience. When she sat down with the border patrol supervisor and said "what should I expect?"
Is there anything I should or shouldn't do while in YOUR facility? "
What did the supervisor say?
How would AOC feel unsafe about a Facebook group as she is exiting the facility? She searched the group on her phone during the walkthrough?..waaT?
She checked her phone or had staff check for hostile groups but decided to tour the facility anyway?
I have worked in 4 jail -prison facilities. Each time I was told that ANY contact with detained persons would result in my arrest and prosecution.
The only way for any context is for Cortez or any other azshole, to view extended video footage w audio. The idea she would quote a prisoner over the police wo verification of the account is phucking. Stupid.
All government DVR's have storage requirements. If an agent called the woman a whore..you should be able to see all those involved,the day and time of the exchange if it took place.AOC is going full Trump on being fast and loooose the facts and is not doing anything responsible by quoting a person in jail wo verification.
Nobody in jail says everything is great and my jailers are all fantastic folks..simply not the nature of the experience.
Being misquoted in a foreign land and in a foreign language is Very fvckin easy trust me

Tanks..
According to Donald tanks do the trick..in Yemen,Israel,Turkey,Saudi Arabia,Iraq,Iran,N Korea..it's tanks folks.
As you'll hear he has most things solved..soon in Lima Ohio.
Trump is an old Regina freewheel..a sloppy Sidi chain..a Silca pump and some..anybody's friction shifters..yes there was a time..nobody is reaching to the downtube to shift anymore Donnie..
Trump is issuing thorn proof tubes and paperboy baskets for all non gay American bike racers.also he just got that old toe strap plant up and running again!!!!
And in the town there was much rejoicing!!
Go Donnie go!!
You are a visionary
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VRN4ZySbHsE

Mar 1, 2015
Re:

Unchained said:
Tanks..
According to Donald tanks do the trick..in Yemen,Israel,Turkey,Saudi Arabia,Iraq,Iran,N Korea..it's tanks folks.
As you'll hear he has most things solved..soon in Lima Ohio.
Trump is an old Regina freewheel..a sloppy Sidi chain..a Silca pump and some..anybody's friction shifters..yes there was a time..nobody is reaching to the downtube to shift anymore Donnie..
Trump is issuing thorn proof tubes and paperboy baskets for all non gay American bike racers.also he just got that old toe strap plant up and running again!!!!
And in the town there was much rejoicing!!
Go Donnie go!!
You are a visionary
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VRN4ZySbHsE
You are one hysterically melodramatic unhinged individual.

Thank you Mike for being my guiding light and a voice of reason.
I am hysterical about Invanka Trump not only being part of the American delegation for world leaders but I soiled my diaper when our President thought it best that his daughter talk to world leaders on America's behalf. You are right I am unstable. She is a great choice.sorry.
Our government discussing literally how many boxes we have checked on the Nazi detention check list..and after thoughtful discussion concluded that until people are executed,exterminated that having @70% of the list crossed off doesn't matter. My bad..I forgot in the new America it's all or nothing,my way or the highway!!! Again sorry,my bad.
As we near the forth..what used to be a non political holiday needs changing also. The United States needs to follow the lead of other countries like N.Korea and Russia. No more soft talk and big stick. We need parades to show how mighty we are..display our rockets,tanks and troops. Hell what was I thinking?sorry Mike.
I hope that this country can get converted to a banana republic sooner rather than later..put your kids in charge,cronies every level,install judges and police that apply your views rather than the rule of law..my mistake..again apologies.
And I definitely see your point about nuclear war,weapons and world destabilization..you are right it's not a big deal and I should calm the phuck, down and trust President Donald..
After all you are right he shows honesty,integrity,good judgement and intelligence not only today but throughout his life.
I will adopt your unquestioning trust of our honorable President and those around him.
He is a great and wise man.
I feel comfortable,thanks for your input comrade

Mike do you ever contemplate Trump telling the truth?
What if he told the truth recently and we were @20 minutes from world war? What if that really is what's inside of Donald's problem solving tool box?
What if @149 was OK when he reversed the bombing decision after getting a @150 casualty estimate from the mission.
When you are eating an ear of corn,enjoying a death rocket w mustard and relish..gobbling down that second cheese burger..
Think about world war and that Doooosh.Donald was wishy washy about sending the fighters up to begin with.
Maybe your circle thinks Russian roulette is a casual party game.
The people I party with,served onboard ships with,the veterans current,inactive and dead all think war..killing or being killed is not a joke,not something to second guess.
Trump as commander and chief is a threat to human existence. That is not hysterical.
a fact. A truly scary fact.
Happy 4th of July.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-homelessness-us-cities_n_5d1b991ae4b03d611643424e

If you watch this as an objective American..you can experience many emotions..when he compliments Russia and China, saying directly that there diplomacy is superior to that of the United States..when he comments on the downing of an American drone, he is unclear who shot it down.
His comments on homelessness,mental illness,when and where the problems originated. His comments on who is to blame.
And issues of right and wrong..a company or person has done something illegal but he is not sure that it's being investigated.
And his motivation to help(relocate) homeless..because world leaders shouldn't have to see that while visiting Trump.
This man should not be in public service of any kind. He should not hold any elected office,clearly incapable. Not fit to serve.

And for the record. I am not sure Trump is so wrong about a wall. Which side of the wall he should be on is were we can't agree.

If you watch him at the G20 and he is asked about going to N Korea..he goes down his too familiar path.. " Kim sent me a beautiful birthday card".
Watch his press conference about Western liberalism..it's not funny,but it's funny.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2YW-fOoDN4k

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r__Eii_tYKc&t=289s

Re:

Unchained said:
What if he told the truth recently and we were @20 minutes from world war? What if that really is what's inside of Donald's problem solving tool box?
What if @149 was OK when he reversed the bombing decision after getting a @150 casualty estimate from the mission.
When you are eating an ear of corn,enjoying a death rocket w mustard and relish..gobbling down that second cheese burger..
Think about world war and that Doooosh.Donald was wishy washy about sending the fighters up to begin with.
The people I party with,served onboard ships with,the veterans current,inactive and dead all think war..killing or being killed is not a joke,not something to second guess.
Trump as commander and chief is a threat to human existence. That is not hysterical.

Happy 4th of July.
Really? this post and it's predecessor come across as exactly that... showcasing the US obsession with Russia as some giant enemy to be feared at all costs under all circumstances... all this trying to pin the election result on "the Russians" and ignoring the farce that that election and its candidates were... Likewise ignoring the hypocrisy of the US interfering in the Russian election of Yeltsin. ;)
I recall Hillary being FAR more of a warmonger than the current buffoon in command, and how larger chance a world war coming into existence would be if she won... :geek:
It's interesting that when Obama suggested treating with both NK and Putin, fox news went nuts, but now think trump's doing it is wise and brilliant - or it's the reverse depending upon which party you identify with.
Trump is a tit and the rest of the world sees him for such - Legarde n Co would have given him the exact same look of disdain if it was him and not his daughter the other day...
But, you know, "Russia! Russia! Russia!", coz thems' da bad guys, all while Christian fanaticism is running rampant throughout the country setting the US back to the 1800's over their treatment of women...
The US is a mess, an embarrassing mess, and it's not the fault of the Russians - trump is but a symptom

Could be some busy lawyers after July 4 -
https://www.citizensforethics.org/4-july-trump-campaign-rally-hatch-act/
Is President Trump trying to hijack the Independence Day celebration on the National Mall by turning it into a taxpayer-funded campaign rally? If he does, the Trump administration will violate federal appropriations law and the Hatch Act. In that case, Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale had better have the campaign’s checkbook handy and be ready to write plenty of zeros.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/trump-july-4-event-tanks-salute-america-planning
Other elements of the spectacle have raised eyebrows, particularly the revelation that the White House is doling out exclusive tickets to the event for its political allies via the Republican National Committee as HuffPost reported. This raises questions about whether massive federal government resources are being devoted to a partisan political effort.
https://www.kvia.com/news/politics/military-chiefs-have-concerns-about-trumps-july-4th-event/1091759145
Military leaders could be highly visible, as the service chiefs have been asked to stand with Trump during the celebrations, according to a different defense official.

If the President turns what is meant to be celebration into an overtly political event, he could put military personnel in the position of violating Defense Department guidelines prohibiting men and women in uniform from engaging in political activity.

In the planning for the event, Pentagon leaders also had reservations about putting tanks or other armored vehicles on display, the source said.

"Military members may not participate in political campaigns," said Jordan Libowitz, communications director for Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. "This is likely the reason why they're hesitant to participate, because the guidelines are pretty clear about what they can and cannot do. If they come to stand next to him for a political speech while in uniform, representing the military, it could become a problem."

Libowitz points out that if the celebration becomes an overtly political event, there are also laws that come into play. A federal law known as the Hatch Act prohibits government employees and resources from being used for political activity and the Appropriations Act bars government funds from being used for purposes Congress hasn't approved, including publicity of propaganda.

Re: Re:

Archibald said:
Unchained said:

Happy 4th of July.
Really? this post and it's predecessor come across as exactly that... showcasing the US obsession with Russia as some giant enemy to be feared at all costs under all circumstances... all this trying to pin the election result on "the Russians" and ignoring the farce that that election and its candidates were... Likewise ignoring the hypocrisy of the US interfering in the Russian election of Yeltsin. ;)
I recall Hillary being FAR more of a warmonger than the current buffoon in command, and how larger chance a world war coming into existence would be if she won... :geek:
It's interesting that when Obama suggested treating with both NK and Putin, fox news went nuts, but now think trump's doing it is wise and brilliant - or it's the reverse depending upon which party you identify with.
Trump is a tit and the rest of the world sees him for such - Legarde n Co would have given him the exact same look of disdain if it was him and not his daughter the other day...
But, you know, "Russia! Russia! Russia!", coz thems' da bad guys, all while Christian fanaticism is running rampant throughout the country setting the US back to the 1800's over their treatment of women...
The US is a mess, an embarrassing mess, and it's not the fault of the Russians - trump is but a symptom
I agree that christian wackos are big threat to the USA in many ways, but its pretty tough to argue that having another country messing with your elections is anything but bad. dt being elected is certainly a result of both (and others).

I disagree that dt "is but a symptom". He's more than a boil on your junk, he is herpes. :eek:

EDIT: The USA has been obsessed with Rus for a long time, the obsession about them in this case though is because they messed with our election. If it would have been *Norway we'd be obsessed with them now.

*I only use Norway since dt tried to be cute and use them as a "look over there".

Re: Re:

Archibald said:
Unchained said:

Happy 4th of July.
I try in order. Russia is not the boogie man. Russia gets @20% of it's power,prestige and world standing from Trump's insistence that they are an equal,deserve respect and are a world power.
Russia is only one bad actor in political basics world wide. Everyone is messing with everybody's elections period. I am sure the US holds the #1_interference position.
I think the critical part of your answer is religion. I am much more afraid of domestic Christian crazies in the US than the republic of Iran,ISIS or the pesky Taliban.
Something has been revealed, woken up by Trump,emboldened. It was always here,but the biggest threat to the United States is itself and the lunatic fringe that are being normalized.
In my opinion the courts and the police are a great starting point.
Trump receiving a report from his inspector General, discounting or dismissing detailed documented conclusions is crazy. Tossing comprehensive police findings completely as Trump does on a regular basis is creating a new reality.
AOC and others painting the majority of police as bad corrupt actors is harmful. Lying to Congress and investigators as a rule instead of the exception is bad for America.Ignoring orders to appear and testify,bad for America.
Police in many communities refusing to enforce gun laws,crazy.
And this...

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/24/735329188/oregon-gop-state-senators-go-into-hiding-to-avoid-a-climate-vote

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/politics/Proud-Boys-Antifa-Clash-Portland-Oregon-512020572.html

The right probably loved it and the left are going to hard pressed to rip up Trump's 4th of July party. The Blue Angels pretty classic,nothing over the too military wise.
And the part of the festivities that could have gone off the rails,was slow and calculated. Trump did a few things way outside his normal. He allowed someone else to write his script completely and he read the words of another without his customary crazy improv session.
I am really proud of Donald's doctors,speech writers and political strategists.
Mrs.Trump looked lovely as always and she wore a summery dress and squinted throughout even though the weather didn't dictate that. Throughout his presidency Trump has employed fashion consultants that would otherwise be wo work. Who dresses this guy? I look at Trump knowing he walks into rooms,parties other events out to dinner. Doesn't he notice other people's ties? The fit of their clothes?
I guess one of the reasons it stuck out for me was observing all the military uniforms,pressed,tailored and proper fitting. Maybe it was not only the bone spurs that kept our chubby in chief out of service.
Maybe in 2020 ,the very tall Trump can play Barack Obama one on one for charity. Or maybe wage showing off of tax returns.
Trump had a good party

Re:

jmdirt said:
Did dt say that the army took over the airports during the revolutionary war? :lol: :surprised: :eek:

Yep along with mixing up the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812. Or at least that's what I've heard/read since I refused to watch. However, I thought it was fitting it rained.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS