U.S. Politics

Page 2468 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QlaeirHJpns

And on guns,like any long test do the easy stuff first. Make getting a gun at least as hard as a drivers license. And like a drivers license, you need some training,there are rules,that vary from state to state,town to town. You need registration and insurance. And like a drivers license,you need to be periodically checked to ensure you are still qualified to hold the license. And like the drivers license,there should be fines,suspensions revoking of the license for people who misuse or violate the laws. No,absolutely no reason,including the U.S. Constitution that similar steps can't be taken for guns.
People talking about guns often sound like people explaining why children should be able to ride in the back of pickups on the freeway,or arguing that child safety seats make playing with their kids while driving very difficult.

from the head clown.
-anti semitic remarks, 'disloyal'.
-retweets a weirdo about him being the second coming
-cancels Denmark trip cuz Denmark PM said buying Greenland was absurd
-wants Russia in G-7..'Obama outsmarted'..do ya suppose he even knows where The Ukraine and Crimea is?
He;s too stupid to know that his displayed ignorance is hurting hs shrinking chances in 2020..I say, keep it up you dope!!

It is very Trumpian to say something stupid one day, send out the political hacks to contort what he said into something less offensive, then go right out the next day and clarify that.. yes ... he did mean it in the offensive way. From earlier today....

"If you vote for a Democrat, you’re being disloyal to Jewish people and you’re being very disloyal to Israel."
Adding to BK's list. He also referred to himself as the "chosen one". Expect more of this as the economy continues to putter along.

"The economy is the best that its ever been"
--two things: that statement isn't true and if it was why would dt be working on a tax/economic stimulus package? Ok, I know, he needs to get reelected.

"The tariffs are not hurting the USA"..."we're holding off on the new tariffs to keep from hurting the USA at back to school and holiday time". wait, I thought that the tariffs weren't hurting us.

"The tariffs are not hurting the USA"..."In the short run the tariffs are hurting the USA but it will be worth it in the long run".

Why are the 'conservatives' spending like crazy?!

It is very Trumpian to say something stupid one day, send out the political hacks to contort what he said into something less offensive, then go right out the next day and clarify that.. yes ... he did mean it in the offensive way. From earlier today....

Adding to BK's list. He also referred to himself as the "chosen one". Expect more of this as the economy continues to putter along.
'King of Jews'
-disloyalty and ignorance of jews
-invokes a really famous American nazi..Henry Ford..right on the heels of above

They guy, when not 'handled' or fed what to read, really is an incompetent oaf..he demonstrates his ignorance daily, hourly..keep it up donnie, you stupid shite..

You saying farmers and their lobbies voted Trump in? You guys should vote him back in. It’s not as if you offer a counter.
'You guys'?? Sounds like trump-speak...well, most people with a brain would vote for a cheese sandwich rather than this idiot BUT..it's early, yes? 'Offer a counter'..so NONE of the possible DEM (or GOP)alternatives to this sexist, racist, ignorant shite is a possible counter??

"The economy is the best that its ever been"
--two things: that statement isn't true and if it was why would dt be working on a tax/economic stimulus package? Ok, I know, he needs to get reelected.

"The tariffs are not hurting the USA"..."we're holding off on the new tariffs to keep from hurting the USA at back to school and holiday time". wait, I thought that the tariffs weren't hurting us.

"The tariffs are not hurting the USA"..."In the short run the tariffs are hurting the USA but it will be worth it in the long run".

Why are the 'conservatives' spending like crazy?!
Cuz they want to stay on the rosy side of their 'king'..
'deficits don't matter'..just shy of $1 TRILLION deficit this fiscal year..in the 'best US economy ever'..criminal.

'You guys'?? Sounds like trump-speak...well, most people with a brain would vote for a cheese sandwich rather than this idiot BUT..it's early, yes? 'Offer a counter'..so NONE of the possible DEM (or GOP)alternatives to this sexist, racist, ignorant shite is a possible counter??
Yeah, you guys (with the exception of maybe dj) . A bunch of boring old white people whining about Trump and doing nothing to change the conditions that led to his elections. You're preeminent. Still jealous and bitter that his mediocrity is eclipsing yours.?

Last edited:
Aphro,not sure if you are aware,but capitalism,capital is what sets people apart from mediocrity. Trump is many things but mediocre is not one of them.
Donald repeats about how he has done more than any other President, he postures the question like more people disagree than agree w his accomplishments. He also says it like the majority of what he has done is positive,
Trump again pushed the boundaries this week by somehow expanding his scope of stupidity and arguments,this time as far as Greenland. He simply knows no limits, self alignment with God,the Jews and heaven yesterday.
Money is what people respect,revere and lust after( including many academics,writers,artists) Trump is a a shiny symbol. The blue collar voters of all colors and ages are looking for Trump to do things that ol' easy way. Run the country like a business,like one of his companies. He is doing that,keeping his promise. And like his companies,our bottom line is headed for the toilet turbo speed. With the economy,reputation and deficit going sideways on Donald and he doesn't have any skills as he brakes hard and oversteers into a crash.
We will see how things shake out as Trump plays a game of chicken w a authoritarian ruler appointed for life who looks to be waiting Trump out.

A few things for certain, when times get tough, the elite don't fund the arts, intellectuals get fewer places to teach, distant concepts of free things,concepts of inclusive economic development all go in the bin.
Trump's appeal to dirty job, Joe-6-pack is getting ready for version 2. You think people are whining now? Give it a year.

I like what I'm initially reading about Sanders' Climate Change Plan. Seems more focused on the problem, not roping in social and economic justice issues, and seems more built for the long term. I'm no economist so I won't pretend to understand what the real ramifications are, but I've long felt that investment in renewables would create a new economy that would eventually drive itself. I'll read more about it in the coming weeks, but glad to see what he's cooking up here:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-sanders-climate/bernie-sanders-proposes-16-3-trillion-green-new-deal-plan-idUSKCN1VC15L

Not sure some of the details make sense, like getting completely off nuclear, but interesting how far he's willing to go.

Maybe just maybe,Trump really doesn't understand. Remember he did make some zany comments about needing a picture ID to buy groceries. Where does Trump shop? His daughter didn't really react when people criticized her decision,like her father to manufacture and important products from non-American sources. So for everyone else,knowing or not,our supply chain often involves China.
Not just school clothes and shoes, not just a majority of low priced stuff at Lowe's and Home Depot..China is interwoven into the American economy.
And even bigger picture when Larry Ludlow proudly States that "America is the only game in town" saying that most world economics are in some state of decline. He says that in some silly sense that America is not part of an interdependent economic patchwork..

ASK THE COMMUNITY