• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

U.S. Politics

Page 2473 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I apologize for not elaborating further...LDS individuals that I've met don't seem to have outward racial issues. Some of my family lives in a community with many LDS and agribusiness workers. There is local respect but the policies and history of LDS is most heinous on many counts. You'll get no argument on that although some of the modern evangelical "churches" in our neighborhood are much more outwardly racist and intolerant. Ironically, they consider LDS their major competition for recruitment in....wait....Mexico and South America. They just don't want them to come here.
Hey sorry, I grew up around a clutch of them, and about half were just full-bore racists, plus all the historical nonsense. I'm just not a guy with much patience for people treating others like crap on the basis of their fantasy belief systems. Came off too abrasive on the last post.

Comically, one of the racist patriarchs in my neighborhood had a bit of a comeuppance when his daughter married a black guy. One of my favorite neighborhood events.

So to make is look good others have to look bad or worse than us? Brazilian bozo President says that people are making too much of the importance of the Amazon. He went on to say it belongs to Brazil and if they burn it,cut it down or ruin it, that's their prerogative.
Trump first bullies a little girl because she is scared that government corporations or corporate controlled governments are trashing the planet so fast nothing will be left to enjoy by the time she qualifies for a vacation at her first job. Trump tries to paint her as crazy.
Trump stands up and proclaimed we don't need anybody and taking your ball and going home is good foreign policy. He had lots of time to show the smoking Iranian gun he found but I guess he must have left the overwhelming evidence back on the kitchen table at Mara Lago.

Our politicians and other branches of government are competing for the dunce hat. Nancy angry with Moscow Mitch for governing through the Trump pre approval process, no need to do anything that Donald doesn't love.
Now Nancy pulling the same BS..Trump has been lying and breaking laws from day one. Last week he sent a campaign manager to Congress w instructions from the hot tub time machine, claiming executive privilege before he was the executive. Nancy sat still. She got the Mueller report,it didn't say Trump met with Russians 10times..nope over @110.
Congress hasn't asked who is paying our President and his family? President hacks Travelocity site to redirect military aircraft to his golf resort..?
And all the time Nancy on exactly the same page as Mitch. Don't act,don't lift a finger because other bodies in government will likely reject your intention.
But today after a couple of days of typical Trump all over the place, the lies were enough for Pelosi to know right from wrong.
Elect a clown except a circus.

How about the nut job Canadian prime minister that enjoys dressing up in black-face and when it came out last week he "apologised" by saying it was because of his "privileged upbringing" that he didn't know it was racist!! Don't think he is LDS though ... possibly Catholic, I believe.
difference is that Canuck PM was younger, and supposedly learning from mistakes
Aust PM is doing it now, and should know better! Seems to be the only world "leader" (cough, cough) that is actively and happily brown-nosing trump as hard as he can... As far as I'm concerned he can stay over in the US and not come back. This is the same tw@t that was waving a lump of coal around in parliament - maybe a joke if he wasn't opening a new coal mine that'll trash a good portion of the country, including the great barrier reef... Funny how he's avoided attending the UN summit and wasn't there for Greta's speech - not that he'd have taken any of it on board...

So, the white house has emailed out its Ukraine transcript talking points to the Democrats on the Hill. Then they sent a 'recall' email. Oops.

Really under-appreciated just how incompetent the people left in the administration are.

Disclaimer: I work for a living so I have only caught a few bits from this morning.

If dt truly said what was read to us he should be out of office today! Who is OK with this?! I know that he means dollars to the rich so they are willing to look past anything, but no regular USAer should be OK with this (or several other things that he has done/is doing).

Disclaimer: I work for a living so I have only caught a few bits from this morning.

If dt truly said what was read to us he should be out of office today! Who is OK with this?! I know that he means dollars to the rich so they are willing to look past anything, but no regular USAer should be OK with this (or several other things that he has done/is doing).
Americans in general are polarized by their particular brand of information sources as much as actual events. What more do you need than to review Kanye West in the Oval office to know DT is pure demagoguery? Unfortunately until most of the US voting public regains some real interest in the country's and world's best interests the polarizing politics will continue.
Brexit, Poland, Far Right, Far Left...not much taste for it internationally either.

The R partly line is "the Ds are just mad because they lost the election". I hope that they are mad about losing, but that doesn't excuse what dt has done/is doing. When he finds out who gave the whistle blower info., and has them killed like he implied should happen, will that also be because of mad Ds?! I still can't figure out what it is about this guy that has the Rs so mesmerized.

Reactions: gobuck
The R partly line is "the Ds are just mad because they lost the election". I hope that they are mad about losing, but that doesn't excuse what dt has done/is doing. When he finds out who gave the whistle blower info., and has them killed like he implied should happen, will that also be because of mad Ds?! I still can't figure out what it is about this guy that has the Rs so mesmerized.
The really strange part is the current stonewall from Rep Senators. All of them saying that they "haven't had time to read the Whistleblower complaint". They're stalling into the upcoming recess to buy time, for sure but DT trying to taint the accuser(s) won't fly this time. Saw the Ukraine AG discussing the Biden "involvement " post-corruption review of Burisma. He confirmed that the Burisma investigation concluded 2 years before Biden's kid was even around. The pressure to fire the previous AG came from every authority; EU, World Bank, etc. DT is spinning tales that are too easy to debunk. Smells like desperation, particularly if some credible staff start to jump the rat-infested ship.

There were a few things that were obvious during the open hearing a acting director Joseph McGuire..the guy is a professional. He gave an opening statement that answers most of the first hours questions by both Democrats and republicans. He had a wildcard answer,that he took responsibility for,instead of answering a question w a question. He simply said,I have never seen anything like this, he said he believed the situation to be without precedent.
As a professional,he didn't trash anybody,and made the very reasonable statement that on issues regarding the President and privilege,he asked questions before acting.
The Dems and Republicans all looked like idiots trying to get as many gotcha moments caught on video. Nothing of substance just had theater.
The things that didn't need to be asked in the form of a question were never said directly.
It is never ok for our President to ask for help,threaten someone or bribe anybody to get the goods on a rival or his family. Period.
Asking the President or his ship of shills if they know right from wrong is a waste of time.
Just like asking the logical questions about fraud,waste and abuse. Did the Trump foundation or others cook the books? How much money is our President making while in office? Where is the money coming from?
Are there accounting irregularities in government dealings? Has Trump or his family getting any nest feathering while he is the President?
Start with Mara Lago,good course payments,Pense driving @180 miles 1 way to and from a Trump hotel and why? Is the military making bizarre travel plans that have them stopping and going on a spending spree at Trump properties?
When the guy is caught w a hand in the cookie jar someone needs to follow up.
Impeachment over a phone call is silly. Just like the Mueller report..
The simple stuff and follow up are not done. Did you meet w Russians? Why did you answer no when the answer was yes..over a hundred times.
Trump says things that people need to listen to and follow until he explodes.

A big looser in the dt mess is the environment which will of course make us even bigger loosers!

dt isn't smart enough to be using his crime to cover up his crime, but it is happening. Is dt just the crazy marionette for the real criminals?

So let let me understand you dt: you were a mob boss, got elected as prez, and now you are using your power to be an even more powerful crime boss. You got caught (many times) and now they want you to answer for your crimes, but you call that a coup?

While I prefer that dt gets blasted in the election, his total disregard for our country can't just skip past with out 'check'.

Reactions: gobuck
This started out of control and if Trump has his way he will do a New City bird dog routine and have the Democrats and the news media chasing noises or shadows.
Did you ask the Ukrainian President for help getting the Bidens? Yes or no?
The question needs to be asked..if he doesn't answer that's ok..don't go to another question or in a direction he leads..wait for him to finish and explain over and over and over and again..we need first a straight yes or no..not why.

I haven’t received the book yet. I went to a couple of talks that fed into it though. Offhand, I’d say she’s still a little to invested in a vanished notion of liberal democracy (in the US) that never fully existed and isn’t coming back. In a week or so, I’ll post based on having read it.

This started out of control and if Trump has his way he will do a New City bird dog routine and have the Democrats and the news media chasing noises or shadows.
Did you ask the Ukrainian President for help getting the Bidens? Yes or no?
The question needs to be asked..if he doesn't answer that's ok..don't go to another question or in a direction he leads..wait for him to finish and explain over and over and over and again..we need first a straight yes or no..not why.
He has been asked that several times. He started out with no, then no, then sort of, then yes but, then maybe, then yes. He was asked yesterday what he wanted them to do about HB/JB and he said "are you talking to me?".

Does anyone really believe impeachment will go through the Senate and you will get Trump out of the oval office?
Also what was the lessons learned from congress going forward on Bill Clinton?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS