U.S. Politics

Page 2475 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So, the white house has emailed out its Ukraine transcript talking points to the Democrats on the Hill. Then they sent a 'recall' email. Oops.

Really under-appreciated just how incompetent the people left in the administration are.
Including the guy in the big chair..trump still thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and thinks he and rudy can 'handle' this..rudy, old, drunk, fatso..Even when Herr donnie is alone in the room, he isn't the smartest guy in the room.

From dt twit today: "As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). "

GREAT AND UNMATCHED WISDOM! WTH?!
Turkey w a decent understanding of Donald's dementia..getting busy before another mood swing mind change happens. Maybe Erdogan will use some of his new Russian weapons to kill the Kurds..hard to believe that Trump would give them no notice and leave our allies abandoned on the battlefield.

a disgrace

Ralph Reed, Evangelical supporter of Trump is quoting the bible to substantiate his insistence that all "Christians" support trump. I guess this will continue until Trump comes for his money.

Dec 23, 2018
Turkey w a decent understanding of Donald's dementia..getting busy before another mood swing mind change happens. Maybe Erdogan will use some of his new Russian weapons to kill the Kurds..hard to believe that Trump would give them no notice and leave our allies abandoned on the battlefield.

a disgrace
Turkey is a member of NATO. Last time I checked so were we.
Does that make us allies?

Trump has made much of his lack of regard for Nato. This whole independent path he's pursuing appeals to 2 groups, in my mind.
The first group: Russians are gaining a strategic toehold that will free up oil export transport as long as they solve their Ukraine "dilemma". They are gangsters of the first order so their Iranian franchise will not screw around with them. The Saudis should be sh*tting bricks over this as much as Americans should be.
The second group: Evangelical "Christians" love Israel and the Rapture. That is, until a Jewish family moves into their neighborhood and the End of Days comes before they get the 2nd business jet they've convinced their followers to donate money to buy.

Neocons are pro war.
Forum seems to be pro war.
sad.
Speaking only for myself, I am anti war. If I had to "assign" pro war or anti war to the forum members who post regularly, I would say anti war. The issue though becomes, if we are already involved in a conflict, what is the 'best' strategy out.

Neocon is one of many stupid tags created in the 60s (?) to describe a 'new' type of politician, but in reality most politicians in the USA are pro war (mostly because of $$).

Side note: proof that most of these political tags are BS, 'conservatives' spend like drunk gamblers in Vegas.

Last edited:
Neocons are pro war.
sad.
That's an incredible set of extrapolations from a single post.

I'm not a neo con, nor am I "pro war". I'm also not "anti war", as my position depends on circumstances, as anyone's should and generally does. I was certainly vehemently against the Iraq war which started all this instability with ISIS and Syria. I am pro Kurd, particularly when they're doing the bulk of the fighting against a group which is dedicated to attacking this country and the west in general. I'm pro fighting ISIS, yeah.

As you can see from the immediate results, the idiotic removal of our troops from Syria has resulted in more war, not less.

It makes us both member states. The treaty requires member states to come to the aid (aid is not defined as military action) of any member state subject to an armed attack. Obviously this does not apply to Turkey invading Syria to attack the Kurds who have been our staunchest allies in the fight against ISIS.

I guess that I am much more worried about America and Americans than I care to admit. First the U.N. comment..Turkey is one of our allies..somebody writes. Before Trump there would have been a tiny little thought..some discussions with topic experts..But now nothing. Just Donald acting in some state of confusion. Compliment a Filipino President who publicly braggs about murder..invent a positive relationship between your wife and a N. Korean lawn gnome who murdered his brother...get pissy w Greenland because they don't want to sell their country is some bong hit hostile take over. Do everything possible personally and politically to further Putin's agenda and world standing. Unread the constitution and security and intelligence documents and state out loud the opposite of what is on the page.. Cuddle up to a crown Prince that cuts people up and kidnaps people as a normal.
This is our Donald.
But what makes America so stupid..lessons not learned from me too or black lives matter or justice reform or the messages and methods from terrorists.
We have a country where a guy enjoying a bowl of ice cream on his sofa in his apartment,watching his TV without shoes on or a weapon is murdered. Because he is black his life is only worth @10 years. And as if race relations both inside and outside the legal and social systems were not screwed up enough..a black judge jumps down from the bench to hug the white murderer and wish her well.
Maybe someone can post a bunch of videos of white Americans saying sweet sentiments about a black or brown murderer on sentencing day.
Not all lives matter period.
Once Turkey got the "all clear" from Trump they started slaughtering women and children and civilians who didn't even get a warning.
Our politicians and pundits kicking it around..
It was not a significant number of American troops..very small numbers..
Just like all terrorists..American lives have a disproportionate value..when a head needs to be cut off..an American skull has a more bang for the buck..when big groups are kidnapped..Americans are often grouped apart for the negotiating currency they hold.
When Trump talked on the phone,he only cared about a few things..party before country..he could kind of,sort of keep a campaign promise..he didn't,doesn't care about the cost..
I don't know what we deserve but it is not good.

Dec 23, 2018
That's an incredible set of extrapolations from a single post.

I'm not a neo con, nor am I "pro war". I'm also not "anti war", as my position depends on circumstances, as anyone's should and generally does. I was certainly vehemently against the Iraq war which started all this instability with ISIS and Syria. I am pro Kurd, particularly when they're doing the bulk of the fighting against a group which is dedicated to attacking this country and the west in general. I'm pro fighting ISIS, yeah.

As you can see from the immediate results, the idiotic removal of our troops from Syria has resulted in more war, not less.

It makes us both member states. The treaty requires member states to come to the aid (aid is not defined as military action) of any member state subject to an armed attack. Obviously this does not apply to Turkey invading Syria to attack the Kurds who have been our staunchest allies in the fight against ISIS.
So you're pro war for the Democrat wars and anti war for the Republican ones?

You may want to do further research on the Kurds, their intentions, their history and what they've really been doing in Syria.

Last edited:

You may want to do further research on the Kurds, their intentions, their history and what they've really been doing in Syria.
I’m certainly happy to listen to your issues with the Kurds but you’ll have to be more specific. By “pro Kurd” I mean I’m generally supportive of their fight for independence and wholly appreciative of their central role in the fight against ISIS. I’m not nominating anyone for sainthood.

Not sure which Democratic wars you’re referring to. Vietnam? Bosnia? No, not supportive. I was pro Afghanistan, so there a “Republican war” I was in favor of. So no. As I said, it depends on the circumstances.

Id simply suggest that jumping in and throwing labels at people with zero information, and calling the forum pro war along with other broad and unsupported remarks isn’t a great way to start. Happy to engage if you want to get serious but this is pretty silly stuff so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmdirt

a disgrace
Not hard for me to believe at all. He is an arse, knows nothing about the military 'brotherhood', forged when men and women fight together against a common enemy.
Dementia fueled by adderall..what a combo.

Neocons are pro war.
sad.
Wrong..most are pro loyalty, most pro the truth, pro decency......trump is just a wandering, clueless fool. He has NO ideology, isn't very smart, shows his ineptitude everytime he speaks w/o a script..studies nothing, reads nothing. His disastrous term shows what an incompetent fool he really is. trump isn't 'anti-war'..he was rolled by Erdogan, and will never hurt Turkey's economy because trump organization would lose $ if he did..

Reactions: red_flanders

And you might want to do a little research on ISIS, it's genesis, and how the GOP/Bush second invasion of Iraq begat the 'arab spring' and was responsible for ISIS..and how the Kurds and the US defeated them on the battle field. If you believe don's contention that they are 'just looking for land', or 'didn't help us in WWII'(WTF??)..then you are obviously a trumpista and that is really sad.

Taking the Syria debacle aside for a moment, it looks like some serious testimony is now being volunteered. Trump may start seeing the fruit of his disregard for prior staff that actually had the gall to have contradictory points of view. He's pissed off a lot of long-serving career civil servants and intelligence workers.
Rats and sinking ship.....

Reactions: red_flanders
Taking the Syria debacle aside for a moment, it looks like some serious testimony is now being volunteered. Trump may start seeing the fruit of his disregard for prior staff that actually had the gall to have contradictory points of view. He's pissed off a lot of long-serving career civil servants and intelligence workers.
Rats and sinking ship.....
I see that Marie Yavanovitch has testified, Sondland is going to testify next week, and there are claims of additional whistleblowers who Congress is now vetting. Scant details on the latter. The arrest of the two thug-looking guys working for Guliani can't be good news for Trump.

Looks like the dam is starting to break.

Dec 23, 2018
And you might want to do a little research on ISIS, it's genesis, and how the GOP/Bush second invasion of Iraq begat the 'arab spring' and was responsible for ISIS..and how the Kurds and the US defeated them on the battle field. If you believe don's contention that they are 'just looking for land', or 'didn't help us in WWII'(WTF??)..then you are obviously a trumpista and that is really sad.
ISIS was created by the Obama administration.
The Syrian war was created by the Obama administration. This isn't even up for debate.

Dec 23, 2018
Wrong..most are pro loyalty, most pro the truth, pro decency......trump is just a wandering, clueless fool. He has NO ideology, isn't very smart, shows his ineptitude everytime he speaks w/o a script..studies nothing, reads nothing. His disastrous term shows what an incompetent fool he really is. trump isn't 'anti-war'..he was rolled by Erdogan, and will never hurt Turkey's economy because trump organization would lose $ if he did..
irrational, subjective and emotional post with no basis in facts

Dec 23, 2018
I’m certainly happy to listen to your issues with the Kurds but you’ll have to be more specific. By “pro Kurd” I mean I’m generally supportive of their fight for independence and wholly appreciative of their central role in the fight against ISIS. I’m not nominating anyone for sainthood.

Not sure which Democratic wars you’re referring to. Vietnam? Bosnia? No, not supportive. I was pro Afghanistan, so there a “Republican war” I was in favor of. So no. As I said, it depends on the circumstances.

Id simply suggest that jumping in and throwing labels at people with zero information, and calling the forum pro war along with other broad and unsupported remarks isn’t a great way to start. Happy to engage if you want to get serious but this is pretty silly stuff so far.
Syria is relevant, this is a Democrat war.

We don't even need to talk about Libya and the disaster created there.

The Kurds are mercenaries and expansionist. They've been ethnically cleansing the northern areas of Syria, displacing and killing , Turkmen and Assyrian Christians. They were also willing participants in the Armenian genocide early last century. Now they've turned on the Turks. They have no business being handed an independent homeland. They are nomads.

When the majority of the forum (if not all) are against a pullout of Syria then they are pro war. The US has no business being there.

This is all about stealing Syrian oil and creating an ethnostate to enable that.

The Syrian Army have killed more ISIS than anyone else.

Last edited:
Democrats need to start asking questions about our government. Trump has 2 clowns and counting either convicted or fined for working as unregistered foreign agents. 2 guys arrested w 1 way tickets out of the country..? Ok lil fishy..they created a fake company and gave support to Trump to the tune of $350,000. Something is rotten. Rudy Gullianni on TV constantly saying he is working for free. Ok cool. But someone is paying his bills..private planes and staff w accommodations..? Sure Ukraine is cheaper than Manhattan but come on!!
So Rudy's co workers getting pinched by the pigs at the airport!! Priceless.
It turns out that everything they did was before the investigation for arms telephone scandal.
So with all these Americans world wide working as unpaid Trump liaisons while he is the sitting President..who is paying for all the fun?
Shouldn't we at least know if people who say they are working for our government..for our President are employed by either?
Rudy says he is a private citizen but took direction from the US Justice department..what he's an intern? The other guys working as presidential pages..saying and doing things official but in an unofficial capacity?
Who works for who? Officially or unofficially. If you are carrying state messages from the White House that is not a volunteer type assignment..is it?
Is someone got a slush fund or 10?does some Trump charity,foundation or business have multiple sets of books?
Can't wait to see what the accounting line item description is for Stormy Daniels..or what account pee tapes or playboy bunny expenditures come under..or come on top of or fall under..

ISIS was created by the Obama administration.
The Syrian war was created by the Obama administration. This isn't even up for debate.
Righto, that second Gulf War had nothing to do with ISIS..
They have no business being handed an independent homeland.
They are in Syria, not Turkey..it was in all the papers.
The US has no business being there.
Righto, leave Syria, Iraq and Turkey to Russia and Iran..makes perfect sense..And the
They've been ethnically cleansing the northern areas of Syria, displacing and killing
'Cleansing' of Assad's own citizens, BY ASSAD, barrel bombs filled with ball bearings, in civilian populations, targeting hospitals and schools, that's really no big deal-eh?
This is all about stealing Syrian oil and creating an ethnostate to enable that.
You sound like trump..let's take Iraq'a oil!! Your boy donnie says all the time the USA is the largest energy prducer there is..you must be very proud...

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts