U.S. Politics

Page 2525 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta feel a certain amount of Holiday season sadness knowing Trump gave huge tax breaks to companies and millionaires that didn't need them. Merry Christmas millionaires.
And to the poor he took away their food,shelter and medical care.
I guess it's a personal interpretation of the season's sentiments.
maybe I am off ..I thought,
Do unto others meant a positive thing. But maybe screwing people over is all Donald knows.
Happy Holidays President Trump
POTUS the Grinch. Sure thing.
True Believers ignore facts(just like donnie does).....what a GOP congressman once said, 'yes, trump's an idiot, but he's OUR idiot"....

Pompeo, Perry, Giuliani and Mulvaney, among others, have already refused to comply with subpoenas. You think that isn't obstruction?
Talk is cheap. They were not subpoena’d. Imagine the Nixon impeachment going the way this one has. Nixon resigned because he lost his appeal to turn over the subpoena’d material at the supreme court. There was a disagreement between executive and legislative. Judicial settled it. Schiff and you seem to think judicial isn't necessary to declare ‘obstruction.’ Neither of you get to decide that. Its not complicated.

I don't know how long it would have taken to resolve these issues, but even if it dragged out the impeachment beyond the election, so what?
Exactly Turley’s point. What, exactly, is the rush?

Are the Democrats counting on using this refusal to make the obstruction case? Maybe.
There's no maybe about it. Some Dems are talking about more impeachment inquiries when this one fails. The far left base is driving this and it is clear Pelosi is not in control of her caucus.

For most of us not wearing rose-colored Trump glasses, it's pretty obvious what happened
For most of us who don't appreciate the soft coup State its not at all obvious. Did Trump error in bringing up Biden? He sure did. But only if there’s an absence if corruption on Biden’s part and there is a helluva lot more to suggest bribery/extortion on Biden‘s part - all of which you are happy to look past. The accusation against Trump here is the idea of tying up a 2020 political rival. That is complete nonsense. All one has to do is actually read the transcript.

The Republicans have argued that either the evidence for what happened is hearsay, or that what happened does not rise to an impeachable offense (even denying what their own legal expert said). If the Administration officials testified, the hearsay argument, which is already bogus, would be officially dismissed, but the Republicans, who aren't in any circumstances whatsoever going to impeach Trump,
So far there has been only one fact witness and Sonland was devastating to Schiff’s case. Hearsay is hearsay. Thin doesn’t go far enough to describe it’s impact. If there was any sort if criminal case against Trump there would be a lot of support by the R’s. The fact is it is exceptionally difficult to look past the impeachment hysteria that has infected the Democrat party since November, 2016. The representatives who have lied (Schiff) to the public for the last three years have poisoned ghe well to the point that, unless there is something really devastating that comes to light, very few Republicans are going to give any weight to anything Schiff has to say. Pelosi too. Does anybody believe her in her prayerful somberness and how she prays for the President”everyday?”

Lies built on lies built on policy disagreements does not make a compelling impeachment case.

The case against Trump is stronger than the one against Nixon
No. Not even close.

All that said, I wouldn't have done it the way Schiff did. I would have told Giuliani that if he wouldn't testify, I would access his phone calls. So at least he wouldn't have been caught by surprise. And I wouldn't have made them public. The public has no need to know things like this, until/unless they become critical evidence. Since the phone records don't show what was said, there is unlikely to be much value in them as evidence, unless one of them happens to coincide with some other critical event.
Schiff did this as a shot across the bow. He made it public because he has been beyond embarrassed by the names on that list. Schiff is a despicable human being.

Big sigh..

Mention trump and you get
Clinton! Schiff!Obama!

You are pathetic and ignore the point MANY attorneys have made that the process is proper and the CONGRESS has the ultimate responsibility when it come to IMPEACHMENT..

BUT, ignore trump's actions,....obstruction, abuse of power, perjury and yell
Process!!
Pathetic.
History is important. Precedent is important. Nobody is saying the Dems can’t do what they are doing. Everybody but the Dem idiocracy is saying don’t do it this way.

It's funny but not haha funny how Trump described American toilet habits. SNL had a joke about Donald commenting that current low water use toilets needed to be flushed 15 times before certain materials were fully flushed away.
anybody who is thinking,who is not extremely drunk or high knows that Trump's statement is stupid,false and an additional dangerous lie on top of Liar Mountain.
proposing using twice the water for flushing toilets is bad for America. Almost anytime you propose using more water to wash your clothes,car or self is bad.
Saying an increase in water use is necessary when there are effective technologies and techniques to conserve it would be an ideology of an idiot.

Trump talks about the rear end of electricity..going back to old energy hungry light bulb technology..because it makes him look bad.look orange.
I am guessing he is forgetting about everything it takes to get the increase in electricity to the bulb. Saying we should burn more coal or something else so he doesn't look orange.
Don't conserve because you look better under inefficient lighting.
Water is becoming increasingly the most important fluid that should be discussed before French wine or gasoline.
What is in the water?
Turns out what is coming from washing clothes and dishes is killing rivers and oceans. Turns out that polyester micro fibers are not good for water and creatures who live by it.
Donald pay less attention to being dissed at a cocktail party and instead do even 5 minutes research on the cause and effect of using twice to 20 times the energy for a light bulb. Don't do the math,selfish calculations about looking good in the White House. Instead think a little further out. What if half of America looks as bad as you and chooses to use energy hungry light bulds?
What if your base really does require 15 flushes to evacuate their debut from the bowl? Where is all that extra water going to come from? Where will that water and waste be managed,processed and cleaned?
When Trump proposed having car w lower mpg's? Only an idiot would propose these things.

* and the Always Trumpers, the Trump Thumpers, feel free to tear apart this guy's message*
I wonder if you realize this dude’s message is EXACTLY why Trump was elected?

This was taped March, 2015 and describes what two terms of ‘hope and change’ was able to accomplish for the USA.

I hope everybody watches this video. It is moving.... but it’s a tale of why Trump left his lifestyle to get into politics. Of all people, he didn’t need this sh*t. Had Hillary won this dude’s story would have been repeated a million fold.

Just in the last jobs report - not only are there exponentially more opportunities for people on the low end but their wages are rising at more than double the average (average being a robust 3.1%).

Following the economic model you support makes this dude’s story far more devastating than you apparently realize.

Anybody here want a continuance of two America’s make sure to vote for the most Progressive candidate you can find.

Finally, thank you for posting this video. It’s worthwhile and moving. If it is a message you resonate with you should consider voting Trump 2020.

They were not subpoena’d
Again, you don't know what you're talking about. Mulvaney, Giuliani, Pompeo and Perry have all refused to comply with subpoenas. Not to testify, but to provide documents.

there is a helluva lot more to suggest bribery/extortion on Biden‘s part - all of which you are happy to look past.
Got a link to anything other than debunked conspiracy theories?

All one has to do is actually read the transcript.
And ignore the part where he says, do me a favor? You really think Trump is going to be more obvious than that right on the phone? If he didn't mean that, why was the money held up?

Sonland was devastating to Schiff’s case.
You are in total denial. Sondland, a mega-donor to Trump, blew Trump's lies out of the water.

If there was any sort if criminal case against Trump there would be a lot of support by the R’s.
You're effing unbelievable. Hello? Michael Cohen is serving a prison sentence right now for making Trump's payments to Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal. Those are crimes, OK? Trump committed them, even if he continues to lie about it. You have to be beyond stupid or in denial to think that Cohen would have made those without his client's knowledge and approval. I know you're not stupid--you understand that MBS lied. But you're in denial about applying the same logic to Trump.

The Rs couldn't care less. Trump can do any illegal thing he wants, it doesn't bother them.

trump is just plain stupid, yes he is...tweet-blast about his BFF and then at NATO, blasts the guy and calls him names..brilliant..NOT..trump is all about TV moments and doesn't understand the very basics of diplomacy or negotiation..he's an idiot.
Kim Yong Chol’s statement came days after North Korea’s first vice foreign minister, Choe Sun Hui, issued a similar threat to resume insulting Trump after he spoke during a NATO summit in London of possible military action toward the North and revived his “rocket man” nickname for Kim Jong Un.

In 2017, Trump and Kim traded threats of destruction as North Korea carried out a slew of high-profile weapons tests aimed at acquiring an ability to launch nuclear strikes on the U.S. mainland. Trump said he would rain “fire and fury” on North Korea and derided Kim as “little rocket man,” while Kim questioned Trump’s sanity and said he would “tame the mentally deranged U.S. dotard with fire.”

Maybe you could point to that part in the statute that states the identity of the whistleblower shall remain concealed. I'll wait.
Maybe you could reference the MANY times this un-named whistleblower was THREATENED by trump and the rest in his clown car..
Federal whistleblowers have strong protections under a special law governing officials wanting to report wrongdoing by colleagues or superiors, but they have to go through a strictly defined process.
Trump has already launched a campaign of personal attacks, accusing the whistleblower of relying on secondary reports from others in the intelligence community and holding a bias against the president.

"Who is this so-called 'whistleblower' who doesn't know the correct facts. Is he on our Country's side" Trump asked in a tweet this week.

And on Thursday, Trump appeared to threaten them.

"They're almost a spy," Trump said in a private meeting, according to a recording published by the Los Angeles times.

"You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart? Right? The spies and treason, we used to handle it a little differently than we do now."
Here's where you say some drivel about being faced by your accuser or how you think r=the whistleblower IS guilty of treason..Ya know, your boy throws that word around way too much..too bad he's too STUPID to know what it actually means. Hating on trump, showing what an IDIOT he is everyday, what a LIAR he is, what a BUFFOON he is, isn't treason, it's gee..the truth..

Reactions: gobuck
Again, you don't know what you're talking about. Mulvaney, Giuliani, Pompeo and Perry have all refused to comply with subpoenas. Not to testify, but to provide documents.

Got a link to anything other than debunked conspiracy theories?

And ignore the part where he says, do me a favor? You really think Trump is going to be more obvious than that right on the phone? If he didn't mean that, why was the money held up?

You are in total denial. Sondland, a mega-donor to Trump, blew Trump's lies out of the water.

You're effing unbelievable. Hello? Michael Cohen is serving a prison sentence right now for making Trump's payments to Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal. Those are crimes, OK? Trump committed them, even if he continues to lie about it. You have to be beyond stupid or in denial to think that Cohen would have made those without his client's knowledge and approval. I know you're not stupid--you understand that MBS lied. But you're in denial about applying the same logic to Trump.

The Rs couldn't care less. Trump can do any illegal thing he wants, it doesn't bother them.
"We'll obviously do all the things we're required to do by law," Pompeo said.

Again, Congress does not have absolute rights. We -at least up to now - have the judiciary to settle food fights between the other two.

View: https://youtu.be/UXA--dj2-CY

I said, ‘You’re not getting the billion.’ I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money,’” Biden recalled telling Poroshenko.

If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Show me where Trump said “if you don't investigate Burisma and the Biden’s you won’t get the military aid.” He said “do us a favor” which is a phrase he uses regularly.

"Taking the issue seriously, and given the many versions of speculation that had been circulating about the security aid, I called President Trump directly," Sondland testified. "I asked the President: 'What do you want from Ukraine?' The President responded, 'Nothing. There is no quid pro quo.' The President repeated: 'no quid pro quo' multiple times. This was a very short call. And I recall the President was in a bad mood."
After that conversation, Sondland replied to Taylor, telling him he was "incorrect about President Trump's intentions" and that president had been "crystal clear: no quid pro quo's of any kind."

Since you clearly did not hear Sondland’s testimony perhaps it’s time to read it:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sondland-testimony-read-the-full-text-of-eu-ambassadors-statement-in-impeachment-inquiry-today/

Back to Daniel’s and McDougal. Both signed NDA’s. Both. As we learned with Clinton, it’s not illegal to have affairs. If Cohen had anything to prove Trump used campaign funds to pay the women he would have produced the material.

Affairs
Hushmoney
Campaign violations
Russia Collusion
Obstruction
Bribery
Extortion
Treason
Quid pro Quo
Perjury

I think I have a current list but it’s hard to know because it changes so quickly.

Maybe you could reference the MANY times this un-named whistleblower was THREATENED by trump and the rest in his clown car..

Here's where you say some drivel about being faced by your accuser or how you think r=the whistleblower IS guilty of treason..Ya know, your boy throws that word around way too much..too bad he's too STUPID to know what it actually means. Hating on trump, showing what an IDIOT he is everyday, what a LIAR he is, what a BUFFOON he is, isn't treason, it's gee..the truth..
So it’s agreed then that there is no provision in the statute to keep the identity of the whistleblower anonymous. Progress.

Chris your comment on my TED video has some validity.
Watching a little of today's hearings a few small changes. a few videos of Trump saying "article 2 says he can do whatever I want ".
You point out a deterioration in your view under Obama. For the most part I find that accurate. I don't find a bunch of agreement on cause. I think Obama's major problem was that he is black. Or as Ted Nugent followers often described as "a monkey"" a nlgger". The suggestion to " throw Michelle Obama a banana " met with laughter at a public event.
And if you think that things were picking up negative momentum under Obama. OK I will give you. 2nd gear w the occasional push of the gas pedal but not a conscious, calculations to shift into overdrive and turbo charge everything as Dishonest Donald has chosen.
And if everything I am stating is completely wrong. And you are right, Trump was elected as a healer,and moral repairman to in 4 or 8 years restore everything that Obama had ruined..
Ooops full circle.
Now I am 100% right in saying that Trump,holding hands initially w Steve Bannon,and now anally tied to Steven Miller have completed, wholesale failure on any national reunification and repair or reparations for those previously harmed.
Trump cannot repair what he has done,a miracle would be needed.
You should draw up some kind of event time line for Trump. First list all the damages under Obama and then show some methodical,logical conclusion that Trump has at a minimum,repaired what was wrecked.

And as I do, I try and leave social issues,or economic issues on separate lists.
Trump has been better for the environment?
Better for our parks? Long term land management strategies?
Please o please tell me your a day drinker!
Nobody w w shred of credibility or honesty can say Trump deregulation campaign on pollution is good for ANY American.
If Rudy Gulliani is described as a..hand grenade.
What is Trump?
And if you have 10 or 12 Donald lists going.
What about truth? To his wife and kid? Don't the tax payers at least deserve an answer for the source of MacDougall or Daniels hush money payments? Can we at least ensure who 's money was used?

Hell froze over.

I think Obama's major problem was that he is black.
Obama's major problem was policy, not what Ted Nugent thought or said. Same Country, same workforce, different policy, much different outcomes.

And if you think that things were picking up negative momentum under Obama. OK I will give you.
It's not a matter of what I think. Things were slowing down.

And if everything I am stating is completely wrong. And you are right, Trump was elected as a healer,and moral repairman to in 4 or 8 years restore everything that Obama had ruined..
Trump was elected because of what Obama didn't deliver. Trump was elected with all his warts. Everybody knew what they were getting and he won despite his imperfections.

Now I am 100% right in saying that Trump,holding hands initially w Steve Bannon,and now anally tied to Steven Miller have completed, wholesale failure on any national reunification and repair or reparations for those previously harmed.
There can be no reunification because you and many people like you refuse to adhere to a peaceful transition of power, you refuse to accept the election results of 2016 and you view POTUS as Pelosi does, as an "impostor." But she doesn't hate him and prays for him everyday.

You should draw up some kind of event time line for Trump. First list all the damages under Obama and then show some methodical,logical conclusion that Trump has at a minimum,repaired what was wrecked.
I think it's more important to see where the Country would be today if POTUS had a Congress that would help him govern. A Major North American trade deal has been sitting on Pelosi's desk for more than a year (one example).

And as I do, I try and leave social issues,or economic issues on separate lists.
Nobody w w shred of credibility or honesty can say Trump deregulation campaign on pollution is good for ANY American.
So, let's take fracking as an example. Our CO2 production is way down. Why? Because we produce a lot of Natural Gas from shale and use it to power plants that generate electricity. At the same time we can control Russia economically by limiting their ability to sell and control Europe's energy market. At the same time we greatly reduce our dependency of fossil fuels sourced from the middle-east and those Countries that hate us and would otherwise use our own revenue to cause significant problems for us.

That's one exceptionally obvious example. Could Obama have accomplished this? He sure could have. But chose not to. Why? I have no idea.

What is Trump?
To permanent Government personnel, socialists, neoliberals, neocons and the military industrial complex? A hand grenade and they don't like it.

What about truth? To his wife and kid? Don't the tax payers at least deserve an answer for the source of MacDougall or Daniels hush money payments? Can we at least ensure who 's money was used?
I think this is settled already. Cohen is in prison and if he could have taken Trump down he would have.

Watching a little of today's hearings a few small changes. a few videos of Trump saying "article 2 says he can do whatever I want ".
You point out a deterioration in your view under Obama. For the most part I find that accurate. I don't find a bunch of agreement on cause. I think Obama's major problem was that he is black. Or as Ted Nugent followers often described as "a monkey"" a nlgger". The suggestion to " throw Michelle Obama a banana " met with laughter at a public event.
And if you think that things were picking up negative momentum under Obama. OK I will give you. 2nd gear w the occasional push of the gas pedal but not a conscious, calculations to shift into overdrive and turbo charge everything as Dishonest Donald has chosen.
Ooops full circle.

What is Trump?
And if you have 10 or 12 Donald lists going.
There is help.

Something about fbi fabricating info is a surprise.
If this was pointed in the other direction the tune would be different.
What exactly was fabricated? Be specific.

If the IG report was good for Trump, you would not have Billy Barr out crapping on its findings. It is interesting that we learn that Manafort was under investigation prior to joining the Trump campaign for money laundering in Ukraine and that Christopher Steele was friends with Ivanka. I was told that he 'hated' the Trumps. Also, it totally blows up the whole Page/ Strzok conspiracy theory put forth by Trump.

What exactly was fabricated? Be specific.

If the IG report was good for Trump, you would not have Billy Barr out crapping on its findings. It is interesting that we learn that Manafort was under investigation prior to joining the Trump campaign for money laundering in Ukraine and that Christopher Steele was friends with Ivanka. I was told that he 'hated' the Trumps. Also, it totally blows up the whole Page/ Strzok conspiracy theory put forth by Trump.
It does nothing of the sort. This IG reports was specifically and only investigating FISA Abuse. To that end he found:

Although Horowitz, in his report, concluded that the FBI had sufficient evidence to launch its counterintelligence probe of Trump associates, he also cited “at least 17 significant errors or omissions” in the FBI’s applications to surveil ex-Trump adviser Carter Page.
The problems with the efforts to secure authorization were so concerning that Horowitz is opening a new audit looking at how the FBI obtains authorizations from the secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to surveil Americans.
“That so many basic and fundamental errors were made by three separate, hand-picked teams on one of the most sensitive FBI investigations that was briefed to the highest levels within the FBI, and that FBI officials expected would eventually be subjected to close scrutiny, raised significant questions regarding the FBI chain of command’s management,” the report said.

Also found was the FBI spying on the Trump campaign:

The report also found that a confidential human source working for the FBI recorded a conversation with a high-level Trump campaign official during the election season. That official “was not a subject of the investigation,” the report noted.

And:

Attorney General Bill Barr praised the investigation but appeared to dispute one of its conclusions.

“The Inspector General’s report now makes clear that the FBI launched an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken,” the attorney general said in a statement. “It is also clear that, from its inception, the evidence produced by the investigation was consistently exculpatory. Nevertheless, the investigation and surveillance was pushed forward for the duration of the campaign and deep into President Trump’s administration.”

Exculpatory means they consistently dug up evidence that was favorable that would either tend to exonerate or tend to exonerate Trump, except the FBI oppressed such evidence.

trump is just plain stupid, yes he is...tweet-blast about his BFF and then at NATO, blasts the guy and calls him names..brilliant..NOT..trump is all about TV moments and doesn't understand the very basics of diplomacy or negotiation..he's an idiot.
He's not totally stupid; he's a brilliant shuckster that should have stayed in the greed-based world of NYC real estate. Having said that he has done poorly compared to almost any other developer in the city.
He's way out of his depth and scope of knowledge. That might make him ignorant of facts but he is smart enough to interpret anything negative as a positive for his gaggle of supporters. How else to explain "Christian" voters supporting a guy that openly discusses grabbing women, pays porn starts to "date" him, is constantly in court rather than paying bills, openly courts the most fascist of leaders and US citizens and hates anyone that disagrees with him? He's the right kind of stupid for single-issue voters that think the guvmint is coming for their guns, their job or their freedom to handle snakes in their house of worship.
The trend of stupid nationalism is everywhere; he just co-opted the US franchise.

Looks like the IG report was not the smoking gun that some people were expecting. Quelle Surprise. View: https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1204095946273042434
I was watching the White House meeting analysis on Fox News with Kelly Anne and others parroting the same "Witch Hunt" dialogue. Trump declaring it a major deal and his AG/Barr refusing to believe his own selected IG's conclusions.
Meanwhile, Fox's own news analyst said the IG report pretty much debunks all of Trump's claims; save for minor-league FISA procedure that will get some career folks fired or slapped hard. Not "coup" material. Fox and CNN wondered about the unprecedented push back from Barr and Durham, absent any facts.

The more we hear....the less either side acknowledges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MarieDGarzai Non-Cycling Discussions 2