U.S. Politics

Page 2530 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I find funny not in a laughing sense but more like ironic and hypocritical is the republicans now going after the FBi on fisa and surveillance powers when they have been all in since the terrorist attacks back in 2001. fisa should be limited or done away with, yet you can watch how these politicians use it to fit their agenda.

schiff should be in trouble for the amount of propoganda he spread these past years. no one on here has mentioned a word about him using subpoena powers to get phone records. That was the first time ever done in the capacity of that position. no big deal for the deranged talking heads here in the message board.

Can you link to the multiple occasions? We've already discussed the Time interview and the UN meeting, neither of which supports your assertion.
https://time.com/5686305/zelensky-ukraine-denies-trump-pressure/

From the article you are excited about;

During the interview in his office in Kyiv, the comedian-turned-presidentdenied, as he has done in the past, that he and Trump ever discussed a decision to withhold American aid to Ukraine for nearly two months in the context of a quid pro quo involving political favors, which are now at the center of the impeachment inquiry in Congress.

Zelensky has given multiple interviews in multiple languages with the same answer (Le Monde and others, I can post but there are firewalls). Snopes also does a decent run-down.

Classic example of wishful thinking. Logic tells anyone Cohen would not have made these payments without Trump's approval. No lawyer would. Why would he? What benefit was in it for him?
You do realize Cohen was tageted to take down Trump, right?

Federal prosecutors in New York and Washington spent months probing the payments to see if any campaign finance laws were broken. They finally closed their investigation in July.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/11/michael-cohen-cooperating-with-da-in-trump-organization-probe/

The electoral college ensures that a vote by someone in Montana counts for more than a vote by someone in California.
California has 53 House members, Montana has 1. Both States have 2 Senators. The EC system is just fine even when Democrats win.

But of course any Trump supporter is going to be paranoid about the possibility of immigrants.
Most sane people understand the need for border control. There’s a system in place for immigration based on both merit and humanitarian circumstances. Why can’t thise that wish to immigrate here follow the rules? I am considering retiring to Italy. Not immigrating there, just retiring there. It’s not as easy as hopping on a plane and saying “I’m here.” There’s a process and I am going to expect the Italian Government will expect me to follow it.

Conservatives tend to have more trouble with complexity than liberals
Reasonably elitist. This, of course, is ridiculous.

So why was the aid continued to be held up after the phone call? Zelensky promised Trump he would do exactly the thing Trump wanted. Except Trump didn't want Zelensky to look into the firing of the prosecutor. He wanted Zelensky to announce an investigation of Biden.
Zelensky was elected in April. Given the track record in Ukraine it was perfectly understandable to take his temperature.

OMB’s Mark Sandy testified to the Schiff show: “I recall in early September an email that attributed the hold to the President’s concern about other countries not contributing more to Ukraine.”

Trump isn’t big on foreign aid. Trump thinks Ukraine has been historically corrupt. There’s a brand new President there and Trump wants to make sure the near half billion dollars does not wind up in some oligarchs pocket. Yeah, you are right. Totally unreasonable.

Also note that Biden never said, "Stop investigating Burisma or I will hold up the money. " If he was really concerned that his son would lose a $50K a month job (peanuts to Joe, I'm sure), why didn't he add, "and hire a new prosecutor who won't investigate Burisma." If that was Biden really wanted, why didn't he say so?
Wow. I’ll turn this around. Why didn’t Trump tell Zelensky if he didn’t announce a Biden investigation he would not release the funds if that’s what he actually wanted? Why didn’t he just say so?

I pointed out before that if Biden really wanted the prosecutor fired because of his son, he wouldn't have bragged about pressuring Ukraine to do it
I disagree. Biden has been getting away with the “Delaware way” for so long he knows he’s never going down for it. His arrogance is brazen, but then none of this bunch are bashful about their corruption. Hillary and Bill are more examples.

Yes, the corporate media are corrupt, but not nearly as much as Trump is.
You made a snide comment, Liberal/Conservative and complexities. Then you make this comment.

Did you miss that whole Russia investigation thing?
So, I take you will be providing no evidence that Obama personally directed the FBI to investigate Trump? Duly noted....
How many of them die from carbon dioxide?
bingo you win the prize for common sense.
Many people in the Bahamas and Puerto Rico would like a word....

But it is true that the worst effects of elevated CO2 are in the future.

Remember when someone posted that no one was going after Obama about meddling in the 2016 election.

View: https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1205124890434686977

Last edited:
Well, Chippy, there’s zero possibility Obama didn’t know or wasn’t aware of the counter intelligence operation and it’s involvement in the Trump campaign. Did he direct it? I doubt he’s that dumb but it’s fair to ask what did he know and when did he know it.

Just imagine.. just imagine.. replace the names Obama with Bush and Trump with Obama and turn the clock back to 2007.

Does anyone sane actually believe that the FBI would be investigating the Trump campaign via a ‘defensive’ counter intelligence op without then President Obama’s awareness? Is that what you are saying?

I wonder if Mr. TalkToTheMods thinks chippy is a term of endearment.

What part of 'did Obama directly order the FBI to investigate Trump' hard to understand? It says nothing of knowledge or any other verbal deflection. That is what Ghost claimed. I correctly stated that this is a fever dream based on zero presentable facts. And I have been proven correct.
One thing I find funny not in a laughing sense but more like ironic and hypocritical is the republicans now going after the FBi on fisa and surveillance powers when they have been all in since the terrorist attacks back in 2001. fisa should be limited or done away with, yet you can watch how these politicians use it to fit their agenda.

schiff should be in trouble for the amount of propoganda he spread these past years. no one on here has mentioned a word about him using subpoena powers to get phone records. That was the first time ever done in the capacity of that position. no big deal for the deranged talking heads here in the message board.
Practically no one in congress cares about FISA and civil liberties.... Neither does Trump.

View: https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/1204930273852436480

Apparently it’s not only R’s and Conservatives who are racists.

Nevada ‘demoralized’ by all-white Democratic top tier
‘What kind of message is the Democratic Party sending to voters of color?’ said one labor leader.

People are incredibly demoralized about that,” said Bob Fulkerson, a Warren supporter who co-founded the Progressive Leadership Alliance of Nevada. “It’s definitely the biggest failure of the campaign so far … the all-white crowd that we’re left with, and what forces institutionally have led to that.”
He said, “The whole field is diminished, and the whole process is diminished.

At the beginning of the campaign, said Grace Vergara-Mactal, executive director of Service Employees International Union Nevada Local 1107, “we had the most representative primary candidates in history, so that was very exciting, at least to me and my members.”
Now, she said, “At least in my mind, the excitement in the beginning of having a diverse candidate is fading … I think we’ve got to ask the question: what kind of message is the Democratic Party sending to voters of color?”

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/11/nevada-all-white-democratic-top-tier-082563

So, I take you will be providing no evidence that Obama personally directed the FBI to investigate Trump? Duly noted....

Many people in the Bahamas and Puerto Rico would like a word....

But it is true that the worst effects of elevated CO2 are in the future.

Remember when someone posted that no one was going after Obama about meddling in the 2016 election.

View: https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1205124890434686977
Do you realize the head of the FBI reports to the AG who reports to the President?

I'm going to ignore your fantasies about future carbon dioxide as clearly its based on nothing but wild speculation - in your case its just parroting mainstream media.

President Trump mocked Greta Thunberg, the Swedish 16-year-old climate activist, calling her distinction as Time magazine’s Person of the Year “ridiculous” Thursday and suggesting that she work on anger-management issues and go to a movie with a friend.
Could trump be a bigger, shallow idiot?? Poor little fat donnie, he's jealous because he isn't named person of the year..I donno, Hitler was POY once, wasn't he?
I guess he was, Stalin too...
Hitler was named Man of the Year in 1938, on the eve of World War II. Stalin claimed the title twice: 1939 and 1942. Hitler was the dictator of Nazi Germany when he won.

Do you realize the head of the FBI reports to the AG who reports to the President?

I'm going to ignore your fantasies about future carbon dioxide as clearly its based on nothing but wild speculation - in your case its just parroting mainstream media.
BUT the IG is 'independent'..I'm sure his job is at risk cuz he pointed out what a buffoon trump(and barr) are.
And you are parroting trump and his other clown car losers...what a surprise.

Ohhh, so now you are concerned about whether Obama had knowledge of the investigations. Earlier, you said that he ordered the investigation. Goal post movement is duly noted.

The guy who thinks Epstein is alive is very concerned about wild speculation. This guy....lol.....

Well, Chippy, there’s zero possibility Obama didn’t know or wasn’t aware of the counter intelligence operation and it’s involvement in the Trump campaign. Did he direct it? I doubt he’s that dumb but it’s fair to ask what did he know and when did he know it.

Just imagine.. just imagine.. replace the names Obama with Bush and Trump with Obama and turn the clock back to 2007.

Does anyone sane actually believe that the FBI would be investigating the Trump campaign via a ‘defensive’ counter intelligence op without then President Obama’s awareness? Is that what you are saying?
Obama!
Schiff!
Clinton!
Holder!

You are so predicable..waiting for that 'investigation on PRESIDENT Obama, Hillary Clinton, Eric Holder, Adam Schiff...to start. yawn...Find that pesky server yet in Ukraine?

Epstein is alive, being held by the CIA, don't ya know..in a cell next to Elvis...

The concern trolling about the top tier being too white is rich. The reason there are not more POC in the top tier is because POC seem to be solidly behind Joe Biden. But some people can't get around the notion that black people will only vote for other black people.

What part of 'did Obama directly order the FBI to investigate Trump' hard to understand? It says nothing of knowledge or any other verbal deflection. That is what Ghost claimed. I correctly stated that this is a fever dream based on zero presentable facts. And I have been proven correct.

Practically no one in congress cares about FISA and civil liberties.... Neither does Trump.

So I’m not on ignore?

Argue with Ghost all you like. What did Obama know and when did he know it? Yes, presentable facts matter, that’s why we have investigations.

Who directed Kevin Clinesmith to alter the CIA email showing Page as a pro-CIA information source? Do you think he did that all on his own? When did Comey and McCabe know the Steele dossier was complete garbage? How many times was fraud perpetrated upon the FISA court, 3 or 4? We know for a fact John Brennan committed perjury at least twice (Steele dossier had no bearing in FISA warrant, and he didn’t know the genesis of the Steele dossier even though he was briefed the prior year regarding who paid for what). What did Brennan know and when did he know it? Did he act alone or was he directed from higher ups? He was the head if the CIA at the time.

There may not be presentable evidence at this moment but, Chip, this is not going away and adults are asking the questions now. We will see what happens.

Obama!
Schiff!
Clinton!
Holder!

You are so predicable..waiting for that 'investigation on PRESIDENT Obama, Hillary Clinton, Eric Holder, Adam Schiff...to start. yawn...Find that pesky server yet in Ukraine?

Epstein is alive, being held by the CIA, don't ya know..in a cell next to Elvis...
Do you remember some dude named Mueller? How did that work out for you?

Be honest, anything shock you with the IG testimony yesterday? Or is just normal behavior for you lefties?

No, you are still on ignore. But after perusing through the forum while I was not logged in, I couldn't fail to notice a certain poster surgically attached to my leg. You can argue with Merckx all you want. I think you are largely a waste of time. Your opinions will not change and are no different than the typical federalist reader, except with less self-awareness.

I guess that Biden and Obama could've been investigated those two years that the GOP had total control of congress. Wonder why that didn't happen? There are ample reasons to be critical of both, resorting to these fever dream arguments is embarrassing.

The concern trolling about the top tier being too white is rich. The reason there are not more POC in the top tier is because POC seem to be solidly behind Joe Biden. But some people can't get around the notion that black people will only vote for other black people.
I think this pretty much nails it. One day maybe we will actually take MLK’s words to heart.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character

I can imagine MLK would not be wild about the identity politics of the Left.

No, you are still on ignore. But after perusing through the forum while I was not logged in, I couldn't fail to notice a certain poster surgically attached to my leg. You can argue with Merckx all you want. I think you are largely a waste of time. Your opinions will not change and are no different than the typical federalist reader, except with less self-awareness.

I guess that Biden and Obama could've been investigated those two years that the GOP had total control of congress. Wonder why that didn't happen? There are ample reasons to be critical of both, resorting to these fever dream arguments is embarrassing.
I’ll continue to converse with posters here particularly when I disagree with points made. I don’t particularly care for echo chambers. I can image we disagree on that as well.

Do you remember some dude named Mueller? How did that work out for you?

Be honest, anything shock you with the IG testimony yesterday? Or is just normal behavior for you lefties?
What shocked me was trump saying he read it..the guy doesn't/can't read!!

Oh, I forgot
-Mueller!
-Comey!

Where WERE those 'investigations' when don the dope had a trifecta in congress?
Where are the 'investigations' of PRESIDENT Obama, Adam Schiff, James Comey, Hillary Clicton?? By that fat hinge neck barr? Right along with the 'where's waldo' search for that 'server' in Ukraine..
Trump attacking a child on the internet is bad but him setting up a teen beauty pageant so he could walk in on children while they were changing was worse. I can bet which Greta Thunberg would prefer.
Yup, trump, this fat slob is a sexual predator..he even admitted it(Cue axis Hollywood tape)..

Here's where you trumpistas yell 'Clinton!!'

Last edited:

That was my point. shows the true colors of your politicians.

What shocked me was trump saying he read it..the guy doesn't/can't read!!

Oh, I forgot
-Mueller!
-Comey!

Where WERE those 'investigations' when don the dope had a trifecta in congress?
Where are the 'investigations' of PRESIDENT Obama, Adam Schiff, James Comey, Hillary Clicton?? By that fat hinge neck barr? Right along with the 'where's waldo' search for that 'server' in Ukraine..

Yup, trump, this fat slob is a sexual predator..he even admitted it(Cue axis Hollywood tape)..

Here's where you trumpistas yell 'Clinton!!'
What shocked me was when obama tried to read but since it was not in arabic he gave up.

Yup, obama, that skinny smoking slob is a liar..he even admitted it (cue him speaking to russian about after the election with more flexibility)

Ohhh, so now you are concerned about whether Obama had knowledge of the investigations. Earlier, you said that he ordered the investigation. Goal post movement is duly noted.

The guy who thinks Epstein is alive is very concerned about wild speculation. This guy....lol.....
Obama had to sign off on it = he's ordered it

you're playing semantics now because you've been caught out or caught in a lie... take your pick

Obama had to sign off on it = he's ordered it

you're playing semantics now because you've been caught out or caught in a lie... take your pick
Does Obama have to sign off on every FBI investigation? Doesn't seem likely. If what you say is true, then there should be tangible evidence out there that would support your assertion. You have not provided it. And the IG specifically said that he didn't see any evidence at the FBI to support your claim either.

But you can keep digging all you want. Probably not the ideal way to get out of a hole, but you do you, Ghost.

You can see the thought process of people like Hawley. If they can claim that Obama personally ordered the FBI to investigate Trump, then Trump ordering Ukraine to investigate Biden is an easier pill to swallow. But it is all just hacky whataboutism. Pure and simple.

View: https://twitter.com/esaagar/status/1204901049850585088

Last edited:
BUT the IG is 'independent'..I'm sure his job is at risk cuz he pointed out what a buffoon trump(and barr) are.
And you are parroting trump and his other clown car losers...what a surprise.
Kimberley Strassel
@KimStrassel

1) Buried in the IG report is a line that poses an enormous question, one that is central to everything, and really must be answered. Remember: According to all relevant players, prior to July of 2016, nobody had a Trump-Russia collusion narrative on their minds. ...

2)Indeed, the FBI says it was only the Downer tip-off at end-July that spurred the investigation. Downer for his part says it was public revelation in July of the DNC hack that caused him to finally wonder about collusion and connect his spring conversation with Papadopoulos.

3)Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson, meanwhile, in Senate testimony, "stress[ed]" he hired Steele in May to look at Trump's "business activities" in Russia....By Simpson's telling (under penalty of perjury), Steele just sort of stumbled on this much "broader" "political conspiracy."

4) But here is what Steele told the IG: That in May 2016, Simpson approached Steele to "assist in determining Russia's actions related to the 2016 election"; "whether Russia was trying to achieve a particular election outcome"; and...

5)"whether there were any ties between the Russian government and Trump and his campaign." (Page 93) Seems Simpson had a pretty good bead on the "narrative" long before the govt. claims to have had it and before even his own source had reported it to him. Huh.

6) Let's hope Attorney John Durham provides some answers on who exactly knew what in the spring of 2016.

In other words, whoops. Who worked for Simpson/Fusion GPS? Uh, Nellie Ohr. Who's Nellie's hubby? Errm, Bruce Ohr, We now know that Bruce Ohr was the conduit for Christopher Steele's info even after Steele was shut down by the FBI. We also know Bruce Ohr was reporting to Hillary and the Obama admin:

WASHINGTON—Newly released FBI interview notes with former Deputy Associate Attorney General Bruce Ohr show that information gathered against Donald Trump by former British spy Christopher Steele for Hillary Clinton was distributed to the FBI and State Department in President Barack Obama’s administration in 2016.
Ohr told FBI agents during a Nov. 22, 2016, interview that “reporting on Trump’s ties to Russia were going to the [Hillary] Clinton campaign, Jon Winer at the U.S. State Department and the FBI,” according to one of the notes made public late on Aug. 8 by Judicial Watch.
Winer was a senior aide to then-Secretary of State John Kerry.

Obama knew. Directed it? Maybe, maybe not. But he knew. And BTW, THAT is collusion between DOJ and Hillary Clinton/DNC to effect the outcome of the 2016 election. Let's get super worked up over an innocuous phone call between two heads of State while ignoring real big problems. Foreign interference is a problem but domestic interference and corruption is just fine.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/bruce-ohr-fbi-notes-show-anti-trump-materials-were-shared-among-top-obama-officials_3036259.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MarieDGarzai Non-Cycling Discussions 2