U.S. Politics

Page 2576 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2018

Although I disagree with almost everything that comes out of AOC's mouth, I respect her for this. The DNC and RNC have way too much influence on their party members. Politicians, on both sides, would serve their constituents better without party puppet strings.

And watching him bark on at length tonight in Ohio about Hunter Biden..
I hope that the Democrats don't go full obvious and go after Trumps kids...easy sure but irrelevant.
And I know who Don Jr is..

there are some subtle differences that many overlook when it comes to the trump children and other true politicians children. the politicians come into office basically broke and then they become rich. eventually their kids who know nothing about certain subjects get set up on boards for millions in salary essentially wealth for nothing. the trump children where in business along with thier father before he ran for president and become president.

Although I disagree with almost everything that comes out of AOC's mouth, I respect her for this. The DNC and RNC have way too much influence on their party members. Politicians, on both sides, would serve their constituents better without party puppet strings.
she has every right to refuse them.

im just hoping that somehow she gets a chance to go back to bar-tending and not corrupting earth.

Reactions: F_Cance and GVFTA

More truly tone-deafness from AOC:

Animal rights organization PETA wagged its finger at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for buying a dog instead of getting one from a shelter.
"With the millions of homeless dogs out there, you apparently chose to buy a purebred puppy instead of adopting one from an animal shelter," PETA president Ingrid Newkirk said in a Thursday letter to the New York Democrat. "Right this minute, on Petfinder alone, there are more than 110,000 dogs — including French bulldogs — who need homes. Animal shelters are bursting at the seams with hundreds of thousands more, many of whom will be 'put to sleep' for lack of a home."
Ocasio-Cortez shared news of her new dog earlier this week on Instagram, showing a picture of the dog in a pet cage. "We are thinking something Star Trek related or Bronx/Queens/NYC/social good related," she said.
The organization president begged Ocasio-Cortez to be "part of the solution" to end the "dog-overpopulation crisis" instead of adding to it. "Consider setting the right example for your millions of followers by adopting a mutt and encouraging them to do the same," she said. "Not only will you be saving another dog’s life, the new dog will also provide your puppy with the companionship he desperately needs as your busy schedule takes you around the country."
Newkirk was especially not happy about the pet cage, telling Ocasio-Cortez it was inhumane and she would send her a book about the topic. "We’re also sending you a copy of the book Dogs Hate Crates, which explains why crate training is not humane or effective," she said.

Jan 8, 2020
As Facebook says they will continue to allow politicians to lie in adds.

The more you pay attention to politicians and news media, the dumber you get. Unfortunately, more and more people are doing just that.

The first step on the way to controlling a group of people is to control their language. It is amazing how many people that openly talk politics use their favored party's talking points most of the time and have no idea what the opposite side to an argument is. Getting worse every day. Scary.
Sure big business knows this, but why not use facebook? You are a consumer, nothing more.

Jan 8, 2020
Capital has justified the means and the appalling thing is that the seductive call of "giving up your life" has been passed off as "liberation."

More truly tone-deafness from AOC:

Animal rights organization PETA wagged its finger at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for buying a dog instead of getting one from a shelter.
"With the millions of homeless dogs out there, you apparently chose to buy a purebred puppy instead of adopting one from an animal shelter," PETA president Ingrid Newkirk said in a Thursday letter to the New York Democrat. "Right this minute, on Petfinder alone, there are more than 110,000 dogs — including French bulldogs — who need homes. Animal shelters are bursting at the seams with hundreds of thousands more, many of whom will be 'put to sleep' for lack of a home."
Ocasio-Cortez shared news of her new dog earlier this week on Instagram, showing a picture of the dog in a pet cage. "We are thinking something Star Trek related or Bronx/Queens/NYC/social good related," she said.
The organization president begged Ocasio-Cortez to be "part of the solution" to end the "dog-overpopulation crisis" instead of adding to it. "Consider setting the right example for your millions of followers by adopting a mutt and encouraging them to do the same," she said. "Not only will you be saving another dog’s life, the new dog will also provide your puppy with the companionship he desperately needs as your busy schedule takes you around the country."
Newkirk was especially not happy about the pet cage, telling Ocasio-Cortez it was inhumane and she would send her a book about the topic. "We’re also sending you a copy of the book Dogs Hate Crates, which explains why crate training is not humane or effective," she said.
Fox news using peta to drag aoc is the veritable definition of bad faith clickbait. The cherry on top is Chris editing out the fact mentioned in the article that we don't know whether the dog is a pure breed or where it was obtained. MI nailed posters in this forum. Bias is most evident in who gets the benefit of every doubt (trump) and who doesn't (aoc).

I have a pure breed golden. Obtained because the owner was going to have it put down. If you don't know the whole story, don't jump to conclusions.

We are 0 for 45 in women presidents and VP s. And 0 for 45 in Hispanic presidents and VPs. Probably just a coincidence.

Oct 22, 2019
Fox news using peta to drag aoc is the veritable definition of bad faith clickbait. The cherry on top is Chris editing out the fact mentioned in the article that we don't know whether the dog is a pure breed or where it was obtained. MI nailed posters in this forum. Bias is most evident in who gets the benefit of every doubt (trump) and who doesn't (aoc).

I have a pure breed golden. Obtained because the owner was going to have it put down. If you don't know the whole story, don't jump to conclusions.

We are 0 for 45 in women presidents and VP s. And 0 for 45 in Hispanic presidents and VPs. Probably just a coincidence.
It is PETA, so I'd take anything from them with a grain of salt. A fly trap to catch and release?

Like most things you can’t grasp, this transcends politics. Buying a dog from a breeder enables breeders to continue to overpopulate the planet with dogs that eventually go unwanted and are destroyed.

Do you have any idea how many dogs are destroyed every year in this Country? It’s around 1,000,000. Breeders don’t care and either AOC is oblivious (not hard to believe) or she doesn’t care.

Either way she deserves the wrath of people who care about the plight of domestic pets.

Like most things you can’t grasp, this transcends politics. Buying a dog from a breeder enables breeders to continue to overpopulate the planet with dogs that eventually go unwanted and are destroyed.

Do you have any idea how many dogs are destroyed every year in this Country? It’s around 1,000,000. Breeders don’t care and either AOC is oblivious (not hard to believe) or she doesn’t care.

Either way she deserves the wrath of people who care about the plight of domestic pets.
We don't know where she got the dog. Which you know because you intentionally snipped that fact out of the post and didn't provide a link. I wonder why ....

We don't know where she got the dog. Which you know because you intentionally snipped that fact out of the post and didn't provide a link. I wonder why ....
It has been widely reported she bought the dog. She’s under fire from animal rights groups for not adopting one of her breed of choice. She could clear this up pretty easily, but no.

Instead of being part of the solution she chose to be part of the problem which she is consistent at doing.

https://www.peta.org/media/news-releases/aocs-purebred-puppy-purchase-prompts-peta-pushback/

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-ocasio-cortez-dog-peta-20200109-acwi2wbgovhizk2vglcje7g7oq-story.html

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/not-humane-peta-rips-aoc-for-buying-and-caging-a-dog

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/10/dog-days-peta-faults-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-for-/

It has been widely reported she bought the dog. She’s under fire from animal rights groups for not adopting one of her breed of choice. She could clear this up pretty easily, but no.

Instead of being part of the solution she chose to be part of the problem which she is consistent at doing.

https://www.peta.org/media/news-releases/aocs-purebred-puppy-purchase-prompts-peta-pushback/

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-ocasio-cortez-dog-peta-20200109-acwi2wbgovhizk2vglcje7g7oq-story.html

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/not-humane-peta-rips-aoc-for-buying-and-caging-a-dog

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/10/dog-days-peta-faults-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-for-/
You do realize that all those articles are using the same peta letter as their only source, right? And peta does not know where she got the dog.

Peta is 1 animal rights group. Evidence that anybody but peta is complaining?

If she got that dog from anywhere other than a breeder, we would be hearing it by now, and her tweeter friends would be defending her.
It is not like anything important is happening in the world right now.

By your logic, Trump withholding his taxes is an indication of guilt, right? if he was following tax law, he would've released them by now.

You do realize that all those articles are using the same peta letter as their only source, right? And peta does not know where she got the dog.

Peta is 1 animal rights group. Evidence that anybody but peta is complaining?
Right. I think, for your own heath, you should believe whatever makes you feel best. I’m sure she helped prevent the devastation that would have occurred had Amazon located their HQ in her district too.

It is not like anything important is happening in the world right now.

By your logic, Trump withholding his taxes is an indication of guilt, right? if he was following tax law, he would've released them by now.
Bad analogy. Trump has acknowledged withholding his taxes. Brags about it.

Certainly AOC is aware of PETA and their criticism. Has she denied buying the dog yet?

Didn’t think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MarieDGarzai Non-Cycling Discussions 2