U.S. Politics

Page 312 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott SoCal said:
Typically, you've got it wrong. Climate Scientist think they are right (and perhaps are) and want to destroy alternative opinion for reasons unknown (except money, of course).

Government isn't out to get me, they're out to trap you. I've never fallen for the line, "I'm from the govt and I'm here to help." You on the other hand, bought it. All of it.
It's all a matter of inconvenience isn't it? Certainly there are governments out to trap you, though the US's, for you (don't know about those without even a minimum of medical coverage, for instance those estimated 4,500 homeless on Skid Row infected with tuberculosis in sight of the Oscars - disturbing dichotomy that), doesn't qualify...at least not so far, and not in the way you are thinking.

Nov 8, 2012
Hugh Januss said:
Cool, lean the fook on them until they can't afford to do business then.:D
Govt of the people, eh?

The solution is for governments to start producing their own guns. I'm sure they will be exceptionally expensive and won't work.:cool:

Jul 9, 2009
Scott SoCal said:
Govt of the people, eh?

The solution is for governments to start producing their own guns. I'm sure they will be exceptionally expensive and won't work.:cool:
Why yes it is, since the majority seem to be in favor of stronger gun control laws, that is exactly what "government" should be doing.

Nov 8, 2012
Alpe d'Huez said:
No El Paso? Bridgeport? Bakersfield? (Though, Modesto, Stockton and Vallejo are pretty musc he sme dismal valley.)
You guys are missing beautiful bankrupt San Bernardino.

Mar 17, 2009
Alpe d'Huez said:
Because for the most part it's a dusty, dirty dump with nothing to see or do.

Or maybe it's the people.

Then again, that wasn't part of the criteria in the poll, lest a lot more cities would qualify.
they're wrong about one thing. there's no such thing as too much tex-mex!!!!

Dec 7, 2010
patricknd said:
they're wrong about one thing. there's no such thing as too much tex-mex!!!!
Tex-mex and Mex-tex is good eating. Alpe just wanted to hate on Texas.

Hey Patrick what happened to ole boy on Addicks Satsuma Road? Out in Daddy's Car getting high and hitting the booze. They say a pistol fell out of the car when the crane lifted it off the houses. That is a double whamOh. Lethal vehicle and locked and loaded!

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Driver-flips-car-into-house-lands-on-neighbor-s-roof/-/1735978/19059652/-/format/rss_2.0/-/2nc754/-/index.html

Jul 9, 2009
Glenn_Wilson said:

Hey Patrick what happened to ole boy on Addicks Satsuma Road? Out in Daddy's Car getting high and hitting the booze. They say a pistol fell out of the car when the crane lifted it off the houses. That is a double whamOh. Lethal vehicle and locked and loaded!

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Driver-flips-car-into-house-lands-on-neighbor-s-roof/-/1735978/19059652/-/format/rss_2.0/-/2nc754/-/index.html
One of the homeowners was quoted as saying she thought someone was breaking in, kid is probably lucky they didn't shoot him with their assault rifles.

To continue the Texas hating aspect of this thread: You know what they call a kid like that in Texas? Class Valedictorian.:D

Mar 17, 2009
Glenn_Wilson said:

you know there's not much going on right now if you don't have rodeo tickets. poor kid was just having some fun

Hugh Januss said:
One of the homeowners was quoted as saying she thought someone was breaking in, kid is probably lucky they didn't shoot him with their assault rifles.

To continue the Texas hating aspect of this thread: You know what they call a kid like that in Texas? Class Valedictorian.:D
and a national merit scholar

Nov 8, 2012
Surprised? Me neither.

OFA donors who give $500,000 get quarterly meetings with Obama

MSNBC’s Chuck Todd criticized Monday the new fundraising efforts of President Obama’s dark money group, Organizing for Action, calling a scheme for high donors to meet regularly with Obama “the definition of selling access.”
BO's a fraud and that's not good for anybody.

http://freebeacon.com/chuck-todd-on-ofa-fundraising-this-just-looks-bad/

Nov 8, 2012
BroDeal said:
He's doing it wrong. He should be renting out the Lincoln bedroom.
I don't know... BO's on to something. Five hundred thou to have a meeting and discuss next quarter's meeting fee.

It's brilliant.

I would love to know who the dupes are...

Nov 8, 2012
Low information voters on quite a roller coaster again thanks to the commander in chief.

The world is coming to an end on Friday because we can't seem to find 85 billion out of a 3,900 billion dollar budget. Shrinking spending by 2% will end the world as we know it:rolleyes:

Thank God our public education system has been so successful at dumbing down the general population, otherwise people would just stop paying attention to this clown.

Sep 10, 2009
Scott SoCal said:
Who would have thunk it?

Obamacare will increase the long-term federal deficit by $6.2 trillion, according to a Government Accountability Office (GAO) report released today.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/341589/gao-report-obamacare-adds-62-trillion-long-term-deficit-andrew-stiles
Dude, you're not even trying anymore.

Let’s be clear about what this report says. It’s a worst-case-scenario. They looked at what would happen to the deficit if (1) we left in all the spending, (2) all of the cost control measures utterly failed, and (3) we removed all of the revenue streams/taxes. If you do that, then the bill raises the deficit $6.2 trillion over 75 years.
So lessee...Jeff Sessions doesn't like all the reports showing that the ACA will curb health care costs and reduce deficits over the years so he commissions a report that's specifically designed to give him the answer he's looking for and then presents it as omg Obamacare will add $6 trillion to the deficit! which is eaten up and regurgitated by the low information right wing until its accepted as conservative conventional wisdom. I guarantee you that a year from now you'll be posting about death panels and $6-trillion deficits. btw wasn't it Sessions who was claiming to find a $17 trillion gap last year?

http://theincidentaleconomist.com/wordpress/about-that-new-gao-study/

And the fraud marches on. Sick really.
Presenting something as true when you know it not to be true? Yep, I'd say that's fraud all right. Sick really.

Sep 10, 2009
Scott SoCal said:
Typically, you've got it wrong. Climate Scientist think they are right (and perhaps are) and want to destroy alternative opinion for reasons unknown (except money, of course).

Government isn't out to get me, they're out to trap you. I've never fallen for the line, "I'm from the govt and I'm here to help." You on the other hand, bought it. All of it.
Is this really how conservatives think and see the world? Jesus. No wonder you're a dying breed. You deserve to be.

Oct 25, 2009
VeloCity said:
Is this really how conservatives think and see the world? Jesus. No wonder you're a dying breed. You deserve to be.
Yup, they're crazying themselves out of existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MarieDGarzai Non-Cycling Discussions 2