U.S. Politics

Page 329 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2009
Glenn_Wilson said:
That was a good read and all but what did she really do?

Smart Power? LMAO she is not the first SecState to use that, they all have.

Arab spring just SPRUNG UP and LEFT before she knew what was happening.

Bengazi? Buck does stop at the desk of Secretary of State no doubt.
So no credit for her accomplishments but full blame for Benghazi. That's convenient.

Jun 9, 2011
Glenn_Wilson said:
Problem being that the sink basin one could be used to seeing does not look like the one installed in the building.

Like if someone told me it was a mop sink I would have a image in my mind that it looked like a deep sink and usually is about waist high, not a sink basin on the floor.
I take it you've never worked in a restaurant, Glenn? The sink mop needs to be at floor level so the worker doesn't have to lift up a heavy bucket to empty it. Helps cut down on the worker's comp claims. :)

Sep 10, 2009
Glenn_Wilson said:
Your words not mine.
Your words were that she hasn't done anything but Benghazi stops at her desk. ie all the blame and none of the credit.

What accomplishments exactly?
Dude, come on. I could list all of her accomplishments and you'll just say yeah, but what has she done, really?

Dec 7, 2010
VeloCity said:
Your words were that she hasn't done anything but Benghazi stops at her desk. ie all the blame and none of the credit.

Dude, come on. I could list all of her accomplishments and you'll just say yeah, but what has she done, really?
Well yeah because I don't like ole four eyes. I was just curious what you might think was her big accomplishments were. I was thinking maybe it was when she come up with the idea to use "Civilian Power" as a means of taking on international challenges. Or was it her pushing of Women's and girls rights abroad? Not hard for me to come up with a couple without even doing any inter-webs research.

I would follow up both of those with ....Hey what about the 6 nation talks with North Korea why was there no progress and why are we still in the same situation with regards to North Korea as was the case when she took over the office?

Speaking of North Korea ....when do Y'all reckon they will attack?

Aug 10, 2010
Glenn_Wilson said:
Well yeah because I don't like ole four eyes. I was just curious what you might think was her big accomplishments were. I was thinking maybe it was when she come up with the idea to use "Civilian Power" as a means of taking on international challenges. Or was it her pushing of Women's and girls rights abroad? Not hard for me to come up with a couple without even doing any inter-webs research.

I would follow up both of those with ....Hey what about the 6 nation talks with North Korea why was there no progress and why are we still in the same situation with regards to North Korea as was the case when she took over the office?

Speaking of North Korea ....when do Y'all reckon they will attack?
The absolute best that any Secretary of State can hope for is that nothing too bad will happen on his or her watch. Hillary has done VERY good on that score.

Benghazi could have happened to any Secretary of State. Its just a political football. Only fools or knaves focus on that kind of stuff.

Nov 8, 2012
MarkvW said:
The absolute best that any Secretary of State can hope for is that nothing too bad will happen on his or her watch. Hillary has done VERY good on that score.

Benghazi could have happened to any Secretary of State. Its just a political football. Only fools or knaves focus on that kind of stuff.
Yes because foreign diplomats safety really isn't hat big of a deal... even when they are begging for more security after being attacked previously.

No need to focus on that at all.:rolleyes:

Aug 10, 2010
Scott SoCal said:
Yes because foreign diplomats safety really isn't hat big of a deal... even when they are begging for more security after being attacked previously.

The good news: I don't think you're a knave.

There can NEVER be enough defense spending for the Republican Party! We can always shovel more money toward favored defense contractors, can't we?

Sep 10, 2009
Scott SoCal said:

It was Republicans who cut funding for embassy security. :rolleyes:

Nov 8, 2012
MarkvW said:
The good news: I don't think you're a knave.

There can NEVER be enough defense spending for the Republican Party! We can always shovel more money toward favored defense contractors, can't we?
Yes.

Funny how the Brits and others recalled their diplomatic staff from Benghazi. Funny how we had almost no security at all. Makes sense given how stable Libya was at the time.

But don't blame Clinton. She, like Obama, didn't know what was going on... couldn't have known. Too much time spent posturing politically. You know, calling donors and ****.

May 27, 2012
Bee colony collapse may be related to pesticides: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/29/bee-deaths-colony-collapse_n_2979959.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#sb=1030882,b=facebook

Monsanto buys leading bee research firm after being implicated in bee colony collapse: http://www.naturalnews.com/035688_Monsanto_honey_bees_colony_collapse.html

Pesticide companies will buy "science" when implicated in the problem, just like Monsanto did a year ago.

This is why conservatives are dangerous. Buy the science when the science is against you. Only this time, this small little issue could be our undoing.

Nov 8, 2012
Liberal policy unintended consequence in full view:

Black Entertainment Television (BET) founder Bob Johnson said Tuesday that the nation would “never tolerate white unemployment at 14 or 15 percent” and yet unemployment for the black community has been double that of white Americans for over 50 years.
In 1972, the unemployment rate for African-Americans was 11.2 percent in January of that year and as low as 9.4 percent in December of that same year. It dipped as low as seven percent in April 2000. The unemployment rate for blacks in February 2013 was 13.8 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Johnson said the challenge was to figure out why the unemployment rate for blacks has been so high, “and if that doesn’t change, somebody’s going to have to pay— 34 million African-Americans are not going to leave this country, millions of African-Americans who don’t have jobs.”

“Somebody’s going to have to pay for them. Somebody’s going to have to take care of them, and if somebody’s going to have to take care of them, that money’s got to come from somebody. And whoever’s paying for it is going to be upset about it, and they’re going to start looking for somebody to blame,” Johnson said.
The blame rests squarely on policy. Anyone shocked at the trend change since 1972? Me neither. With our current policy of buying voting constituencies with federal goodies one can expect this to continue to trend poorly.

And again, according to the Pew Research Center, nearly half of African-Americans born to middle-class families in the 60s will never attain the wealth of their parents,” Johnson said.
Gee, what changed in the 60's?:rolleyes:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/bet-founder-country-would-never-tolerate-white-unemployment-14-or-15-percent

Scott SoCal said:
Good question. By all accounts Chris Stevens was quite a friend and advocate of the people there.
Not to the fundamentalists. Whereas if there is a fundamentalist problem among Muslims, and there is, then it also has to do with a certain imperialist policy in the region since we decided that petrol was the way to go.

Perhaps this was a foregone conslusion, I don't question that, however, the results were equally forgone.

In any case Stevens is only the latest victim of a policy addiction, which is an industrial dependancy and hence a social one.

May 27, 2012
Scott SoCal said:
Planned parenthood. Zygotes and fetus...

Except when it's not.

Planned Parenthood Official Argues for Right to Post-Birth Abortion

Post birth abortion. I guess the kids killed at Newtown were post birth. We all are post birth. Killing really isn't that big of a deal at planned parenthood, or so it seems.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/video-planned-parenthood-official-argues-right-post-birth-abortion_712198.html
Yea, almost nobody would support that position...so while painting pro-choice advocates with that brush might be flashy, but it's rhetorically dishonest.

Of course, I recognize that many here do the same for Republicans.

May 27, 2012
Scott SoCal said:
Liberal policy unintended consequence in full view:

The blame rests squarely on policy. Anyone shocked at the trend change since 1972? Me neither. With our current policy of buying voting constituencies with federal goodies one can expect this to continue to trend poorly.

Gee, what changed in the 60's?:rolleyes:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/bet-founder-country-would-never-tolerate-white-unemployment-14-or-15-percent
You fail to address two important things here:

What was the unemployment rate for African Americans prior to the enactment of social programs, and most importantly, what was the quality and type of job they were allowed to be employed in before that.

Your numbers also don't really reflect what you are saying as in 2000 (almost 40 years AFTER this watershed moment in the 60's you refer to), the unemployment rate was at one of its lowest points.

The rate has always been more than whites...but not for the reasons you are trying to prove with your numbers...

Social programs were and always will be about taking people who will be poor regardless of policy, and provide a minimum standard of living commensurate with the overall wealth of the country. It doesn't really matter what their skin color is, it's a socio-economic thing. One that is reflective of the reality that the game is rigged against them, and no amount of tortured Randian philosophy will change that.

Aug 10, 2010
Nov 8, 2012
ChewbaccaD said:
Yea, almost nobody would support that position...so while painting pro-choice advocates with that brush might be flashy, but it's rhetorically dishonest.

Of course, I recognize that many here do the same for Republicans.
Almost Nobody?

Alisa LaPolt Snow, the lobbyist representing the Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood Affiliates, testified that her organization believes the decision to kill an infant who survives a failed abortion should be left up to the woman seeking an abortion and her abortion doctor.

I'm not painting pro choice advocates, just planned parenthood. Fair amount of federal tax dollars routed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MarieDGarzai Non-Cycling Discussions 2