U.S. Politics

Page 410 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 27, 2012
As ****ed-off as I've been about Obama recently, I thought about what today would be like if McCain/Palin had won, and I decided to give him a reprieve for a few days.

Nov 8, 2012
VeloCity said:
The same Fournier who privately emailed Karl Rove during the 2004 election encouraging him to "keep up the fight"? The guy who interviewed for a position in John McCain's 2008 election campaign team? The guy who wrote critical stories about Edwards, Clinton, and Obama in 2008 but nothing critical about McCain? The guy who wrote in 2008 that Barack and Michele Obama "ooze a sense of entitlement"? The guy who blamed Obama for the current gridlock in Washington because he is "unwilling or unable to overcome stubborn GOP opposition"? Who just a few months ago said on air that Obama was "raising a jihad" against the press? This Ron Fournier?

http://firedoglake.com/2008/03/28/late-night-fdl-the-enemy-of-your-enemy-might-not-be-your-friend/

Yeah right, a straight shooter.

Wasn't it you who kept saying "follow the money" when the topic was climate change? :rolleyes:
The same Fournier who privately emailed Karl Rove during the 2004 election encouraging him to "keep up the fight"?
Terribly damning :rolleyes:

"In July 2008, while investigators for the House Oversight Committee were looking into the death of Pat Tillman, they uncovered a 2004 email from Fournier to Karl Rove encouraging him to "keep up the fight."

The guy who interviewed for a position in John McCain's 2008 election campaign team?
Oooohhhh Really problematic, but yes.

The guy who wrote critical stories about Edwards
You must be joking.

The guy who wrote in 2008 that Barack and Michele Obama "ooze a sense of entitlement"?
I think many share his opinion.

The guy who blamed Obama for the current gridlock in Washington because he is "unwilling or unable to overcome stubborn GOP opposition"?
Yep. This is pretty much Obama's biggest problem. Ask Joe Manchin about his leader today. I'm guessing his words will be significantly harsher than Fournier's. And he's on your side. I'm tempted to post the pic of the dude with his head in the sand again.

Who just a few months ago said on air that Obama was "raising a jihad" against the press?
His unbelievable continued support of Holder pretty much makes Fournier's point a brilliant one.

Yeah right, a straight shooter
Fournier on Issa:
“cherry-picked evidence, overstated his case, and violated the sacred American principle of presumed innocence”
Issa Stirs Echoes of McCarthy as Obama's 'Best Friend' in IRS Probe
Ron Fournier To MSNBC: GOP Rejecting Science On Rape Just Like Rejection Of Global Warming
THAT does it... pinko, commie bastid that Fornier is.

“Ron, why are Republican men still talking about rape?” asked MSNBC anchor Richard Lui.

“Because they’re ignorant,” Fournier replied. “Because they are politically stupid.”
Hmmmm. Sounds like something you keep harping on, Velo.

Yeah. You got me. :rolleyes:

Nov 8, 2012
I realize the clip is from a Fox News program and I'm going to get it for posting from there... but if you want a couple of minutes sum up of why Obama is having so much trouble with his adgenda... just peruse the video clip. I'm not sure I remember a Senator calling out a sitting President from his own party quite like this.

Joe Manchin, a Democrat just says it like it is.

Manchin tells Fox News: Obama declared ‘war on America’ with climate speech

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/26/manchin-tells-fox-news-obama-declared-war-on-america-with-climate-speech/

“On a scale of one to ten, how angry are you about this?” co-host Steve Doocy wondered.

Oh, I don’t think you have a scale,” Manchin replied. “It’s just ridiculous. I should not have to be setting here as a U.S. senator, fighting my own president and fighting my own government. That’s ridiculous. I want to work with them, I’ve reached out. I will continue to reach out, but I need a partner here. I don’t need an adversary. I need a partner and an advocate.”
When you have no concept of what being a leader is, when your entire persona can be summed up as just cult of personality, when you are woefully un-prepared and un-qualified.... this is what you wind up with.

May 27, 2012
Scott SoCal said:
I realize the clip is from a Fox News program and I'm going to get it for posting from there... but if you want a couple of minutes sum up of why Obama is having so much trouble with his adgenda... just peruse the video clip. I'm not sure I remember a Senator calling out a sitting President from his own party quite like this.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/26/manchin-tells-fox-news-obama-declared-war-on-america-with-climate-speech/

When you have no concept of what being a leader is, when your entire persona can be summed up as just cult of personality, when you are woefully un-prepared and un-qualified.... this is what you wind up with.
A senator from a coal producing state up in arms about a call for stricter rules on pollution from coal fired power plants...unheard of....:rolleyes:

He hasn't been what I had hoped, but he is in another league from the people you party has put forth the past two elections.

May 19, 2012
climate change denial/delusion

Scott SoCal said:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/why-the-city-of-miami-is-doomed-to-drown-20130620

Jul 4, 2009
Scott SoCal said:
....in looking over the article that the above link leads to I ran into a very interesting piece on Rep Darrel Issa and his work with that IRS ruckus that won't seem to go away....

...the line that caught my eye is below....

"The bombshell IRS audit released in May omitted information about liberal groups at the request of House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA), according to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration’s office."

.....would seem that Mr Issa was being rather underhanded in his "investigation".....gee that hardly seems fair, or basically honest for that matter...and this makes Mr Issa look rather bad doesn't it?....

....from... http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/26/issa-directed-treasury-inspector-general-to-ignore-irs-treatment-of-liberal-groups/

....and Scott, thank you so very much for bringing this scandalous behaviour to our attention.....but before I go, one very quick question, because you seem real tight with those types of people....are all folks on Mr Issa's side of the political aisle duplicitous scumbags or is he an exception and does your tacit support of his actions tar you with the same brush ( because that would make for a seriously smelly smear and that would be real awful.... and how do you wash that off....or are you fine with that and really don't care...or have you been so close to it so long that it just doesn't register anymore )????

Cheers

May 19, 2012
Lmao

blutto said:
....in looking over the article that the above link leads to I ran into a very interesting piece on Rep Darrel Issa and his work with that IRS ruckus that won't seem to go away....

"The bombshell IRS audit released in May omitted information about liberal groups at the request of House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA), according to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration’s office."

.....would seem that Mr Issa was being rather underhanded in his "investigation".....gee that hardly seems fair, or basically honest for that matter...and this makes Mr Issa look rather bad doesn't it?....

....from... http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/26/issa-directed-treasury-inspector-general-to-ignore-irs-treatment-of-liberal-groups/

....and Scott, thank you so very much for bringing this scandalous behaviour to our attention.....but before I go, one very quick question, because you seem real tight with those types of people....are all folks on Mr Issa's side of the political aisle duplicitous scumbags or is he an exception and does your tacit support of his actions tar you with the same brush ( because that would make for a seriously smelly smear and that would be real awful.... and how do you wash that off....or are you fine with that and really don't care...or have you been so close to it so long that it just doesn't register anymore )????

Cheers
Is this a rhetorical question? :)

Mar 18, 2009
ChewbaccaD said:
As ****ed-off as I've been about Obama recently, I thought about what today would be like if McCain/Palin had won, and I decided to give him a reprieve for a few days.
Which goes to show what a farce this so-called democracy is. The two choices were a senile warmonger who placed in the bottom 1% of his college class and his venal, near brilliant running mate or a lazy, professional speech-giver that has contempt for the Bill of Rights and whose method of running the country amounts to rubberstamping whatever crackbrained ideas his neo-con appointees come up with. By comparisn with that sorry group, Joe Biden, a minor politician and major buffoon, looks like a mythical statesman.

Mar 18, 2009
VeloCity said:
The same Fournier who...wrote in 2008 that Barack and Michele Obama "ooze a sense of entitlement"?
He nailed that one. A $5 million Irish vacation? I guess when you are planning on spending $100 million to vacation in Africa, $5M for a few days seems rather frugal.

I hope someone took an inventory of the Whitehouse's silveware.

Nov 8, 2012
ChewbaccaD said:
A senator from a coal producing state up in arms about a call for stricter rules on pollution from coal fired power plants...unheard of....:rolleyes:

He hasn't been what I had hoped, but he is in another league from the people you party has put forth the past two elections.
Gonna disagree. The worst president in my lifetime.

This guy is bad, bad news.

Nov 8, 2012
blutto said:

Cheers
but before I go, one very quick question, because you seem real tight with those types of people
Yeah, our families vacation together. In the Caymans. We check out the banking there and have lots of drinks with tiny umbrellas in them.

are all folks on Mr Issa's side of the political aisle duplicitous scumbags or is he an exception and does your tacit support of his actions tar you with the same brush ( because that would make for a seriously smelly smear and that would be real awful.... and how do you wash that off....or are you fine with that and really don't care...or have you been so close to it so long that it just doesn't register anymore )????
Your premise is crap. Unsurprisingly so.

Try and use you f'ing imagination because as you are boring the hell out of me, you are boring the hell out of everyone.

I'd say I'm embarrassed for you ... But you clearly won't get it. So, pick up your game or STFU. Friendly advice. cheers

Nov 8, 2012
BroDeal said:
Which goes to show what a farce this so-called democracy is. The two choices were a senile warmonger who placed in the bottom 1% of his college class and his venal, near brilliant running mate or a lazy, professional speech-giver that has contempt for the Bill of Rights and whose method of running the country amounts to rubberstamping whatever crackbrained ideas his neo-con appointees come up with. By comparisn with that sorry group, Joe Biden, a minor politician and major buffoon, looks like a mythical statesman.

It's interesting because king clown was never, never, ever gonna live up to the hype.

Those that supported him the most are the ones that sealed his permanent underachiever status.

May 27, 2012
Scott SoCal said:
Gonna disagree. The worst president in my lifetime.

This guy is bad, bad news.
Ridiculous as your party's last president will certainly go down with that title. No way around it.

Nov 8, 2012
ChewbaccaD said:
Ridiculous as your party's last president will certainly go down with that title. No way around it.
Your guy still has 3.5 years left. Given the start on his second term... In a race to the bottom... my bet is all- in on your guy.

I'll win.

May 13, 2009
Scott SoCal said:
Your guy still has 3.5 years left. Given the start on his second term... In a race to the bottom... my bet is all- in on your guy.

I'll win.
I kind of hope he'll take a few banks with him just like W did. That would leave the world a better place.

Apr 20, 2009
here is an interesting video about wealth distribution in the united states. it was made in 1955 by a conservative group. it is about 13 minutes long and a bit camp at times but well worth the watch; especially near the end when the professor quotes marx. if only conservatives still believed in the principles espoused in this PSA...

click on the image for the link to the youtube video.

Nov 8, 2012
Hugh Januss said:
Fact. You don't deserve that time back, since you seem totally unwilling to pay it forward to your (or everyone's) children.
How would you know that?

Manchin says there are eight billion tons of coal burned yearly and growing. We burn 1 billion. What of the other seven?

Manchin mentions that global warming doesn't begin or end over the skies of the United States (or the people's republic of California for that matter). Do you disagree?

Manchin mentions a litany of clean(er) coal technology that could be or have been implemented that, now by kings decree, won't meet standards.

Higher energy prices hurt the economy, hurting the poor the worst. I thought you guys were against this type of regressive taxation and make no mistake, that's exactly what it is.

Leaving future generations with a reasonable economic future doesn't rate real high with you I guess?

Nov 8, 2012
ChewbaccaD said:
Nuh-uh.

:D

Childish argument we are having:D. They are/were both bad. Surely we can agree on this.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts