• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

U.S. Politics

Page 469 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 4, 2009
Scott SoCal said:
Whoops.

But Axelrod is in the Conrad Black category.

Then there is Cher...

....is this a trick question?....because I don't think Cher is a house shill....

Cheers

Jan 27, 2013
ChewbaccaD said:
I suspect schizophrenia explains a lot.
That's it! You just explained the Age of Enlightenment for me. Thanks a lot.

No more white man's burden then, it's just that I'm crazy.

Next you'll tell me that the Medici and ancient texts had nothing to do with the Renaissance.:rolleyes:

Sep 10, 2009
ChewbaccaD said:
Republicans have also made sure they did everything they could to make his mistakes even worse in the eyes of the world. They have tried to destroy him internally, and undermine his authority to the world. That you never seem to recognize the significant contribution of your tribe's rhetoric to this issue is telling and unfortunate. You (collectively) have done as much to destroy our image to the world as anyone. Particularly the Tea Party Patriots who the Republican party members are too cowardly to fight.
To the point where many cons are now trying to undermine Obama by...cheering on Vladimir Putin.

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2013/09/09/20403995-the-object-of-the-rights-affections
RedState published a piece late last week arguing, "We've reached a sad state of affairs when the Russian president has more credibility than the American president but that is where we are."

Pat Buchanan defended Putin after the Russian leader prosecuted a rock band that played songs Putin didn't like.

The Washington Times' Ralph Peters told Fox viewers last week, "the world is on Vladimir Putin's side about Syria. I don't like Putin, but I respect that guy. He is tough. He delivers what he says he'll deliver. He knows his people. He presents himself as a real He-Man. But he lives up to it! Our president talks tough, but in the clinch he's gutless."

How far has the right's wild-eyed contempt for President Obama gone? Far enough that conservatives can barely contain their increasingly creepy crush on the former KGB official with an authoritarian streak.
Then again, maybe Putin's appeal to the right isn't all that surprising considering the streak of authoritarianism that runs through conservatism.

May 27, 2012
RetroActive said:
That's it! You just explained the Age of Enlightenment for me. Thanks a lot.

No more white man's burden then, it's just that I'm crazy.

Next you'll tell me that the Medici and ancient texts had nothing to do with the Renaissance.:rolleyes:
Uhhhhhh...okay...:rolleyes:

May 27, 2012
blutto said:
....oh Chewie, now look what you've done....you've got him writing his own jokes!...

...needs work though...because at a minimum jokes should be at least slightly funny do they not?...and definitely not wholly pathetic...just a thought...

Cheers
Unless your Jeff Foxworthy.

May 27, 2012
RetroActive said:
Right. Things just happen, there's no continuity at all. Forget context.
Are the voices in your head telling you that's what I wrote, or are you visually hallucinating the words? Help is only a phone call away.

EDIT: Or is "Uhhhh...okay...:rolleyes:" some secret Illuminati code that I was unaware of?

Jul 4, 2009
ChewbaccaD said:
Unless your Jeff Foxworthy.
...uhhh...have actually once heard Mr Foxworthy tell a funny....but then it was very early in his career and it could also may well have been an accident....

....sadly no such accidents for our dear Mr SoCal....he is as consistent as the sun rising in the east and setting in the west...in fact when I see a SoCal post its never a question of right or wrong....its more like someone has yelled pull and the only worry you have is whether you have enough ammo....

Cheers

May 27, 2012
blutto said:
...uhhh...have actually once heard Mr Foxworthy tell a funny....but then it was very early in his career and it could also may well have been an accident....

....sadly no such accidents for our dear Mr SoCal....he is as consistent as the sun rising in the east and setting in the west...in fact when I see a SoCal post its never a question of right or wrong....its more like someone has yelled pull and the only worry you have is whether you have enough ammo....

Cheers
It does appear that way many times.

Jan 27, 2013
ChewbaccaD said:
Are the voices in your head telling you that's what I wrote, or are you visually hallucinating the words? Help is only a phone call away.

EDIT: Or is "Uhhhh...okay...:rolleyes:" some secret Illuminati code that I was unaware of?
Don't you just love it when presidents keep repeating the same unintelligible gibberish?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byxeOG_pZ1o

It's a good thing Americans don't read.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy_and_Hope

You're a good worker for the thought police. Reminds me of talking about doping in cycling with Lance fans 10 yrs. ago. Tedious as hell.

Enjoy WW whatever number. Hope your team wins the next election.
As you say: Toodles!

Nov 8, 2012
blutto said:

Cheers

Oh B, this is just a little off-putting. I give you multitudes of chances to show everyone you know it all.

Nov 8, 2012
VeloCity said:
Then again, maybe Putin's appeal to the right isn't all that surprising considering the streak of authoritarianism that runs through conservatism.
Up is down, black is white.

au·thor·i·tar·i·an (-thôr-târ-n, -thr-, ô-thôr-, ô-thr-)
adj.
1. Characterized by or favoring absolute obedience to authority, as against individual freedom: an authoritarian regime.

2. Of, relating to, or expecting unquestioning obedience.
A synonym for authoritarian is "Big Brother." That's pretty conservative right there.

Nov 8, 2012
VeloCity said:
To the point where many cons are now trying to undermine Obama by...cheering on Vladimir Putin.

Hmmmm....

Syria 'Welcomed' Russian Proposal to Destroy Its Chemical Weapons

Syria's statement came very quickly after the proposal was made by Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov in what he said was an attempt to avoid a U.S.-led strike on Syria.

"We call on the Syrian leadership not only agree on a statement of storage of chemical weapons under international control, but also its subsequent destruction, as well as about the full accession to the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons," Lavrov said in a statement to reporters.
"The Syrian Arab Republic welcomed the Russian initiative, based on the concerns of the Russian leadership for the lives of our citizens and the security of our country," Muallem told reporters, according to Russia's Interfax news agency.

Lavrov's comments came after Secretary of State John Kerry suggested earlier in the day that if Syria gave up its chemical weapons by the end of the week an attack could be avoided.
The State Department later walked Kerry's statement back, calling it an off-hand "rhetorical argument."
http://abcnews.go.com/International/syria-welcomed-russian-proposal-destroy-chemical-weapons/story?id=20198655

Manchin-Heitkamp float Syria alternative

President Barack Obama would have to detail a comprehensive diplomatic, political, humanitarian and military strategy toward Syria under a proposal drafted by a pair of Senate Democrats obtained by POLITICO.

The resolution was written by Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.) and is seen as an alternative to the compromise measure approved last week by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that gives Obama 90 days for military action in Syria, and bans ground troops there.
The Democrats’ proposal would give Syrian President Bashar Assad 45 days to comply with an international chemical weapons ban after which “all elements of national power will be considered by the United States Government” in reaction to alleged chemical weapons usage by Assad’s forces against hundreds of Syrians.
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/manchin-heitkamp-float-syria-alternative-96466.html?ml=la

:D Too funny.

Looks like Obama is being undermined and Putin cheered on by his own people (Kerry, Manchin, Heitkamp). Hardly surprising though, don't you think?

(source material from ABC News and Politico. Hopefully that's acceptable.)

Sep 10, 2009
Scott SoCal said:
Up is down, black is white.
Hate to tell you but conservative ideology has never really been about small or limited government except in economic matters.

A synonym for authoritarian is "Big Brother." That's pretty conservative right there.
Yep, it is. Especially if you have a uterus. That belongs to us.

Nov 8, 2012
VeloCity said:
Hate to tell you but conservative ideology has never really been about small or limited government except in economic matters.

Yep, it is. Especially if you have a uterus. That belongs to us.
Yeah. Did you see the nutcase's ("philosophers" Alberto Giubilini and Francesca Minerva) advocating post-birth abortions?

Having a uterus gives one all kinds of far reaching powers.

So cons want females uterus' and libs want everyone's labor. Weird world we live in.

Scott SoCal said:
Hmmmm....

Syria 'Welcomed' Russian Proposal to Destroy Its Chemical Weapons

http://abcnews.go.com/International/syria-welcomed-russian-proposal-destroy-chemical-weapons/story?id=20198655

Manchin-Heitkamp float Syria alternative

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/manchin-heitkamp-float-syria-alternative-96466.html?ml=la

:D Too funny.

Looks like Obama is being undermined and Putin cheered on by his own people (Kerry, Manchin, Heitkamp). Hardly surprising though, don't you think?

(source material from ABC News and Politico. Hopefully that's acceptable.)
Excellent sources, abcnews and so forth. :rolleyes:

Do you really think chemical weapons are behind this?

Jun 22, 2009
Dafuq is wrong with you people?

Slightly less than 24 hours since I last looked in here and I find 64 new posts. There have been weeks without 64 posts. I really don't know where to start....

Meanwhile, here are today's web gems, one from each 'side'.

The war in Iraq was successful until the libs took over and have withdrawn from the conflict with no win.
"If the President made a statement in support of regular bowel movements, Republicans would clench their **** cheeks until they exploded in a shower of their own feces."

Sep 10, 2009
Scott SoCal said:
Yeah. Did you see the nutcase's ("philosophers" Alberto Giubilini and Francesca Minerva) advocating post-birth abortions?
Their argument is based on the view that from a moral perspective there's no difference between a fetus and a newborn, so if infanticide is wrong then so is abortion and if abortion is acceptable, then so too should be infanticide. What's amusing is that you totally support that same view, that morally a fetus is the equivalent of a newborn, as do all anti-abortionists.

Yep, nutcases, just not quite in the way you think they are.

Jul 4, 2009
Scott SoCal said:
Oh B, this is just a little off-putting. I give you multitudes of chances to show everyone you know it all.
....you are simply too kind....thank you so very much...

Cheers

Jul 4, 2009
Amsterhammer said:
Dafuq is wrong with you people?

Slightly less than 24 hours since I last looked in here and I find 64 new posts. There have been weeks without 64 posts. I really don't know where to start....

Meanwhile, here are today's web gems, one from each 'side'.
...definitely #2 ....

"If the President made a statement in support of regular bowel movements, Republicans would clench their **** cheeks until they exploded in a shower of their own feces."

....it just sings a pretty song...

Cheers

Jul 4, 2009
rhubroma said:
Ah, that just warms my heart.
...hmmm.. I also had a funny "feeling" when I read that...but I just wrote it off as gas from drinking way too much coffee this morning ....and you had heart burn....hmmm....maybe something or someone associated with that message is toxic....just a thought...

Cheers

Nov 8, 2012
VeloCity said:
Their argument is based on the view that from a moral perspective there's no difference between a fetus and a newborn, so if infanticide is wrong then so is abortion and if abortion is acceptable, then so too should be infanticide. What's amusing is that you totally support that same view, that morally a fetus is the equivalent of a newborn, as do all anti-abortionists.

Yep, nutcases, just not quite in the way you think they are.
Their argument is based on the view that from a moral perspective there's no difference between a fetus and a newborn
Yes. Makes one wonder how we shall define "newborn."

so if infanticide is wrong then so is abortion and if abortion is acceptable, then so too should be infanticide
Yes. It's logical. It's also a natural extension of the pro-abortion mind set. And Libs like yourself know better than the rest of us so giving you the power to choose isn't all that far-fetched.

Jan 27, 2013
This should get interesting:

Kerry’s Offhand Proposal on Syria Arms Welcomed
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/10/world/middleeast/kerry-says-syria-should-hand-over-all-chemical-arms.html?pagewanted=all&_r=2&

MOSCOW — A seemingly offhand suggestion by Secretary of State John Kerry that Syria could avert an American attack by relinquishing all of its chemical weapons received a widespread, almost immediate welcome from Syria, Russia, the United Nations, a key American ally and even some Republicans on Monday as a possible way to avoid a major international military showdown in the Syria crisis.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS