• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

U.S. Politics

Page 474 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 8, 2012
ChewbaccaD said:
It wasn't their fault, but it's all Obama's (up to and including the response to Katrina)...got it.
Yikes. Well I think my argument is it was the fault of many repubs and many dems and ideas and policies in place from both.

I know, square peg, round hole.

May 27, 2012
Scott SoCal said:
And yet who is running the show? And we ceded control to whom?

Good idea? Maybe you ought to call CC and tell them that. You might make prime time.
Um...as far as I can tell, we have specific requirements of the process...as do the rest of the countries that are supporting this move.

You have a better idea? (don't answer, because you don't)

May 27, 2012
Scott SoCal said:
Well I guess you better just connect me with the Klan then. I here they don't like confiscatory taxation either.:rolleyes:
Look man, don't blame me, and quit trying to quietly walk away from the monster your side created "He's ALIVE, He's ALIVE!!!"

May 27, 2012
Scott SoCal said:
Yikes. Well I think my argument is it was the fault of many repubs and many dems and ideas and policies in place from both.

I know, square peg, round hole.
You can replace that "many" with "mostly" in front of the "repubs" and you are walking on the right track.

Nov 8, 2012
gooner said:
I'm sure people would prefer Romney now.:rolleyes:

The praise was in response to Obama's comments saying their was a window of opportunity for diplomacy.

I suppose the Bush adminstration's practically non-engagement policy and beating the war drums is the way to go. Or Romney saying in the primary debates that he would have no problem in bombing Iran if it came to it. That would achieve a lot. Don't listen to Gates at all saying attacking Iran would haunt America for a generation. Only Obama at the moment seems to have the shackles on Netanyahu from doing so in the future.

Take Libya where it was delegated a lot to the UK and France and McCain and the Republicans criticising Obama for taking a more back seat in it. There is this mindset in some American politicians that they have to be forefront of all world affairs where they have to be seen as even above their allies. It comes across as egotistical to outsiders like myself.
I'm sure people would prefer Romney now.:rolleyes:
Oh I don't know... I suppose it could be worse. But can we agree that it's bad?

Egotistical? Get over it.

In the end, as it appears, we are absolutely taking a back seat. Now's your chance to lead. I hope it goes well.

One last comment.... What do you think is going to happen the moment Israel is convinced we no longer have their back?

Nov 8, 2012
ChewbaccaD said:
Um...as far as I can tell, we have specific requirements of the process...as do the rest of the countries that are supporting this move.

You have a better idea? (don't answer, because you don't)
Which better be followed or else.....

What?

Nov 8, 2012
ChewbaccaD said:
Look man, don't blame me, and quit trying to quietly walk away from the monster your side created "He's ALIVE, He's ALIVE!!!"
Our side created what? Exactly? When did we take control of free will?

That's a pretty good trick. What... Brainwashing? Is that what we did? I'm confused.

Nov 8, 2012
ChewbaccaD said:
You can replace that "many" with "mostly" in front of the "repubs" and you are walking on the right track.

So it's safe to say it wasn't Bush's fault. Thanks for acknowledging.

May 27, 2012
Scott SoCal said:
Which better be followed or else.....

What?
I told you, Obama is looking for a way out, and last time I checked, all of your chicken hawks were looking for a way out too...well, except for your 2008 Presidential Nom...he is still trying to get the kids off his lawn, and to try to convince us that Obama must attack, and that Obama will obviously do so incompetently...

Anyway, the real issue here is that it turns out that some of the chemical weapons storage is now in the hands of the anti-government forces...sh!t, lets hope they are the good good guys, and not the good bad guys...or is it the bad good guys?

What you can't seem to face is that no matter what Obama had done (even if it were drafted by Republicans), you would have taken the same tone. What's kind of funny is to watch Republican opinion vacilate and break-down, and switch sides, and end up exactly where I said it would once he gave them their wish and sent it up for their vote...it wasn't even hard to predict really. All one has to do is pick the opposite of what Obama says, and intensify it with bullsh!t rhetoric, and you have your position.

Holy sh!t, I am now seeing the Republican reaction to Obama putting his foot on his desk...what a fu*king clown car you guys drive. Seriously, can you not see the inherent comedy in everything you guys say?

May 27, 2012
Scott SoCal said:
So it's safe to say it wasn't Bush's fault. Thanks for acknowledging.
Oh no, it was his fault...he was "The Decider"...well, except for that entire year he was on vacation...

Jan 27, 2013
What I want to know is why the Brits. bailed. Did Putin threaten to turn of the gas?

The US, Britain and Israel all all for one and one for all (basically) until now.

May 27, 2012
RetroActive said:
What I want to know is why the Brits. bailed. Did Putin threaten to turn of the gas?

The US, Britain and Israel all all for one and one for all (basically) until now.
Why don't you just stop asking questions that nobody wants to answer, and just psychotically blather on about what you think it is. That you think you're Socrates is evident and unwarranted.

Nov 8, 2012
ChewbaccaD said:
I told you, Obama is looking for a way out, and last time I checked, all of your chicken hawks were looking for a way out too...well, except for your 2008 Presidential Nom...he is still trying to get the kids off his lawn, and to try to convince us that Obama must attack, and that Obama will obviously do so incompetently...

Anyway, the real issue here is that it turns out that some of the chemical weapons storage is now in the hands of the anti-government forces...sh!t, lets hope they are the good good guys, and not the good bad guys...or is it the bad good guys?

What you can't seem to face is that no matter what Obama had done (even if it were drafted by Republicans), you would have taken the same tone. What's kind of funny is to watch Republican opinion vacilate and break-down, and switch sides, and end up exactly where I said it would once he gave them their wish and sent it up for their vote...it wasn't even hard to predict really. All one has to do is pick the opposite of what Obama says, and intensify it with bullsh!t rhetoric, and you have your position.

Holy sh!t, I am now seeing the Republican reaction to Obama putting his foot on his desk...what a fu*king clown car you guys drive. Seriously, can you not see the inherent comedy in everything you guys say?
You know what? You're right. This whole deal is funny as hell.

Nov 8, 2012
aphronesis said:
No, it is everyone's fault, not least those who sit around whining about a lack of leadership and American prestige from the standpoint that it will negatively impact their lives.
Yep. Can't be critical.

American Prestige? That's so last century.

May 27, 2012
Scott SoCal said:
You know what? You're right. This whole deal is funny as hell.
Yea, right up until some ****ed off apocalyptic, religiously freaked out group gets their hands on some (if they haven't already)...but launching some missiles into Syria ain't gonna fix that sh!t.

Scott SoCal said:
Yep. Can't be critical.

American Prestige? That's so last century.
Oh, you could be constructively critical, but you balk at that when anyone presses.

I figure you're waiting until an R gets elected back in and then maybe you'll revert to some non-partisan lucidity rather than the playground rhetoric favored by the talking head media.

If American prestige is not passe, please do explain to me why and how it matters.

Jan 27, 2013
ChewbaccaD said:
Dude, we don't speak "Fu*king Crazy"...take the freak-show on tour...please.
Arguing over shadows on the wall...

more ad hominems
totally crazy, yup.
The City of London Corporation aka "the square mile" or "the City" is just a pittance.
http://www.freemasonrytoday.com/features/item/451-city-stories

Don't worry about it.

It's not like they were involved in a spat with this organization at all, no matter.
http://www.vatican.va/

I mean "free thinkers" like poor Giordano got special treatment and all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giordano_Bruno

May 27, 2012
RetroActive said:
Arguing over shadows on the wall...

more ad hominems
totally crazy, yup.
The City of London Corporation aka "the square mile" or "the City" is just a pittance.
http://www.freemasonrytoday.com/features/item/451-city-stories

Don't worry about it.

It's not like they were involved in a spat with this organization at all, no matter.
http://www.vatican.va/

I mean "free thinkers" like poor Giordano got special treatment and all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giordano_Bruno
Again dude, I don't speak "Fu*king Crazy" and I definitely don't want to buy the Rosetta Stone program for it.

Jan 27, 2013
ChewbaccaD said:
Why don't you just stop asking questions that nobody wants to answer, and just psychotically blather on about what you think it is. That you think you're Socrates is evident and unwarranted.
Hurt me.
I'll leave you to continue flinging sh!t at eachother.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS