• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

U23 races and talents

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Chance are Denmark and Norway will win and/or podium tomorrow again with Johansen and Leknessund, and they'll be the next ones on the list. Scandinavians are just like Ukrainian or Russian riders. They're really good at young age, and, for whatever reason, they have hit their career peaks at 22. There are a gazillion of examples. Hushovd, Kristoff or whoever won't change that, they are nothing more than the exceptions to the rule.

Re: Re:

Monte said:
Trolls have the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,often for the troll's amusement..

BOth Thor Hushovd, Kurt Asle Arvesen and Boasson Hagen was top U23 Riders .. As was Sven Erik Bystrøm and he is a successful millionaire doing what he loves, ur just plain wrong. ANd stupid.
Boasson Hagen is another example in fact, thanks for the addition. Just another rider who couldn't fulfil his potential. Here we had the new Merckx, and at the end of the day he has been an underachiever. That's not me saying he is bad, that's not me saying he isn't a very good rider. That's me saying he didn't do nearly as good as expected, and that's a fact. Sorry to tell it how it is.

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

DNP-Old said:
Chance are Denmark and Norway will win and/or podium tomorrow again with Johansen and Leknessund, and they'll be the next ones on the list. Scandinavians are just like Ukrainian or Russian riders. They're really good at young age, for whatever reason, and they have hit their career at 22. There are a gazillion of examples. Hushovd, Kristoff or whoever won't change that, they are nothing more than the exceptions to the rule.

Well ur the definition of a Troll, but there are 0 examples of U23 winners and contenders from NOrway NOT getting to be one of the best in the world, ever since it was created.

Ye Juniors you have some, like in every other sport.. When u live in the best countries in the world with all u can get suffering all day aint suitable for all . Still u sound just like a sore loser with a history not told to explain it..

Leknessund will win tomorrow, u mad? lol

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

DNP-Old said:
> ''You're a troll!''
> ''U mad lol?''

:lol: :rolleyes:

Please stop wasting my time, thank you.
''

Ive proven that u are wrong, im done with you. All can see. You seem jealous of something, bad Living? Keep the chin up kid.

Monte said:
DNP-Old said:
> ''You're a troll!''
> ''U mad lol?''

''

Ive proven that u are wrong, im done with you. All can see. You seem jealous of something, bad Living? Keep the chin up kid.
You've done nothing more than saying I am a troll. In the past five responses you have exactly contradicted 0 of my points, or 0 of my names.

You mad lol?

Clown.

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site

DNP-Old said:
Monte said:
DNP-Old said:
> ''You're a troll!''
> ''U mad lol?''

''

You've done nothing more than saying I am a troll. In the past five responses you have exactly contradicted 0 of my points, or 0 of my names.

You mad lol?

Clown.

Name one U23 winner or runner up from Norway that aint a world star and a millionaire?

You see, end of story ; i won .

Re:

GenericBoonenFan said:
Your statements are absolutely ridiculous and btw Nobody in his right mind would ever think that Bo Hagen (or any other rider) could level with Merckx or Coppi. Times have changed and so have racing tactics.
Hagen being the next Merckx wasn't exactly the point. The point being made was Hagen being an extremely talented rider who hasn't done anything to remotely fulfil his potential. He was expected to be a multi monument winner and he hasn't come close. The biggest victory of his life is what, an Eneco Tour, Gent - Wevelgem?

Whether I named him the next Merckx or the next Mathieu Perget doesn't really matter or change the point.

DNP-Old said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
I've one case to disprove your stupid opinion: Thor Hushovd
Lmao, you really think one case outweighs the rest? I'll name you some, in the first three places of the world championships alone: Mads Wurtz Schmidt, Lasse Norman Hansen, Rasmus Quaade (he takes the absolute cake), Mathias Krigbaum, Oksar Svendsen, Kristoffer Skjerping, Sven Erik Bystrom, Sondre Holst Enger, Mads Christensen, Sebastian Lander, Niki Ostergaard, Anders Lund. Judge is still up for some riders like Halvorsen, he's going on nicely being Mr. DNF, and the few times he finishes a race, he's usually all the way down the list.

He's been doing pretty well, though. Not exceptional, but decent.

Monte said:

No he won't. :D

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site

DNP-Old said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Your statements are absolutely ridiculous and btw Nobody in his right mind would ever think that Bo Hagen (or any other rider) could level with Merckx or Coppi. Times have changed and so have racing tactics.
Hagen being the next Merckx wasn't exactly the point. The point being made was Hagen being an extremely talented rider who hasn't done anything to remotely fulfil his potential. He was expected to be a multi monument winner and he hasn't come close. The biggest victory of his life is what, an Eneco Tour, Gent - Wevelgem?

Whether I named him the next Merckx or the next Mathieu Perget doesn't really matter or change the point.

What other people expect is not a bar. He is one of the most successful Cyclists with mosts wins in his generation. Go look it up. Sagan won the worlds , Boasson was second.. Then third. Its margins, thats what i love with this sport. Ur just plain wrong and biased to Scandinavia for some reason.. U dont like Whites, is that it? lol

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site

RedheadDane said:
DNP-Old said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
I've one case to disprove your stupid opinion: Thor Hushovd
Lmao, you really think one case outweighs the rest? I'll name you some, in the first three places of the world championships alone: Mads Wurtz Schmidt, Lasse Norman Hansen, Rasmus Quaade (he takes the absolute cake), Mathias Krigbaum, Oksar Svendsen, Kristoffer Skjerping, Sven Erik Bystrom, Sondre Holst Enger, Mads Christensen, Sebastian Lander, Niki Ostergaard, Anders Lund. Judge is still up for some riders like Halvorsen, he's going on nicely being Mr. DNF, and the few times he finishes a race, he's usually all the way down the list.

He's been doing pretty well, though. Not exceptional, but decent.

Monte said:

No he won't. :D

Ohh he will crush em! :D http://www.procyclingstats.com/rider.php?id=203488

DNP-Old said:
GenericBoonenFan said:

Wow your salty. What is yout problem with scandanavian riders? Some of them are some of the best riders in the world. EBH, Fulgsang, Kristtof, Valgren etc, well except sweden, they suck

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site

Indeed and if it wasnt for Sagan, Hagen would be a World Champion and double his wins.. Its just Sagan and Hagen has same rider skills..

IN Cycling nobody remembers the second guy..

Frankschleck said:
DNP-Old said:
GenericBoonenFan said:

Wow your salty. What is yout problem with scandanavian riders? Some of them are some of the best riders in the world. EBH, Fulgsang, Kristtof, Valgren etc, well except sweden, they suck

He's got a point. It has been continually baffling in Denmark how often the u23 talents burn out or just quit for whatever reason. Denmark has produced dominating talents for a number of years now and they just seem to fizzle out when going pro if they even go pro in the first place. You could add Thomas Vedel Kvist and Andre Steensen to the above list. Compare that to the dutch, who actually seem to deliver in the long run.

Frankschleck said:
DNP-Old said:
GenericBoonenFan said:

Why does everyone immediately play the hatred/salty card? That's some BS.

I must have missed Fuglsang or Valgren bloody Anderson being one of the best riders in the world, but whatever.

Regarding Kristoff, he doesn't come close to fitting the glove, as he has been one of the exceptions who wasn't insanely dominant at the youth ranks, but steadily build himself up to being elite.

To get to the point: if you would have read any of my posts, my problem with Scandinavian riders is clear: they dominate the U23 and U19 races (names, examples, whatever have also been given), and then proceed to show absolutely nothing in the professional level. I would have said the same if this occurred with riders from Japan, Argentina or even Uganda of all places.

Frankschleck said:
classicomano said:
Monte said:
Indeed and if it wasnt for Sagan, Hagen would be a World Champion and double his wins.. Its just Sagan and Hagen has same rider skills..
Yeah, only difference is Sagan is a world class rider while Hagen is a 2nd rate sprinter and a 2nd rate classics rider.

EBH is a world class rider. Sagan is just unbelieveabley good
You must have an immensely broad understanding of what "world class" is then.

DNP-Old said:
Frankschleck said:
DNP-Old said:
GenericBoonenFan said:

Why does everyone immediately play the hatred/salty card? That's some BS.

I must have missed Fuglsang or Valgren bloody Anderson being one of the best riders in the world, but whatever.

Regarding Kristoff, he doesn't come close to fitting the glove, as he has been one of the exceptions who wasn't insanely dominant at the youth ranks, but steadily build himself up to being elite.

To get to the point: if you would have read any of my posts, my problem with Scandinavian riders is clear: they dominate the U23 and U19 races (names, examples, whatever have also been given), and then proceed to show absolutely nothing in the professional level. I would have said the same if this occurred with riders from Japan, Argentina or even Uganda of all places.

Valgren was bad example, but fuglsang is a world class rider. Won the dauphine and silver at olympics. Sorry if i was to agressive, just curios :)Just don't get why you wrote they shouldn't be aloud to ride, its not their fault that they peak so early.

TRENDING THREADS