UCI jury again ridicolous

May 19, 2011
4,857
1
0
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Gesink and Kruijswijk 20 sec time penalty for drafting

Are you ****ing kidding me? What kind of sad moronic power hungry idiots are these people? :rolleyes:
is it because of pieter's push?
 
Jun 8, 2011
630
0
0
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Gesink and Kruijswijk 20 sec time penalty for drafting

Are you ****ing kidding me? What kind of sad moronic power hungry idiots are these people? :rolleyes:
Where did you get this from?
 
Oct 30, 2011
2,642
0
0
What absolute fools. They're punished enough by the crash, let them take a few liberties. Would like to see if these clowns on the jury would even show up to work after a crash like that, let alone ride on for 25km.
 
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Gesink and Kruijswijk 20 sec time penalty for drafting

Are you ****ing kidding me? What kind of sad moronic power hungry idiots are these people? :rolleyes:
This is some serious trolling by these guys, if it's true (and i hope it isn't, obviously)
 
Mar 10, 2009
7,279
0
0
haha that's actually really funny.

The UCI making sure the competition remains fair. (or cracking down on cheating in cycling) ;)

Koen de Kort ‏@koendekort
@Laura_Weislo there were commissaires on motorbikes and in cars scouting every group. Whistling when we got within 3m of a car.
Koen de Kort ‏@koendekort
Doesn't matter for me but Gesink comes past with lots of skin off, ripped kit and commissaire with him making sure he doesn't motorpace.Why?
 
I saw Sagan today behind the car after a mechanical. Clearly in camera view.

If the UCI are so focussed on fair cycling they should penalize him too.
Or what about Cobo and co in the 2nd chase group when they were right behind the cars :confused:
 
Wait... i assume not just Gesink & Kruijswijck? To be honest, i saw a grupetto drafting and i was expecting something like this (don't know if it was the group with G&K). Also, it seemed like Gesink was struggling to keep the wheel of the rider in front of him?

But the crash itself was seriously depressing, because you want to see those guys defend their chances. Ironically, the guys that are expected to widen the gap in the ITT (Evans, Wiggins, Menchov) didn't suffer any timeloss... I guess Gesink & co must have done some seriously bad **** in a previous lifetime. Well, at least their mission seems clear: ATTACK! Starting tomorrow.
 
Jun 8, 2011
630
0
0
Logic-is-your-friend said:
Wait... i assume not just Gesink & Kruijswijck? To be honest, i saw a grupetto drafting and i was expecting something like this (don't know if it was the group with G&K). Also, it seemed like Gesink was struggling to keep the wheel of the rider in front of him?

But the crash itself was seriously depressing, because you want to see those guys defend their chances. Ironically, the guys that are expected to widen the gap in the ITT (Evans, Wiggins, Menchov) didn't suffer any timeloss... I guess Gesink & co must have done some seriously bad **** in a previous lifetime. Well, at least their mission seems clear: ATTACK! Starting tomorrow.
I don't think that there are many who are really able to attack tomorrow tbf, especially Gesink looked really battered today.
 
Mar 10, 2009
7,279
0
0
What about the group schleck/mollema? Did they not get penalized? I saw them on TV drafting a car as well.

Is there a public list with penalties?
 
Jun 11, 2011
473
0
0
thehog said:
I'm glad the UCI are cracking down on drafting. Today was no excuse to ride behind a team car.
WTF!!! if they really don't want crashed/mechanical riders catching any momentary draft behind a vehicle, don't have any vehicles in there, a couple of camera bikes will do the job, way, way too many vehicles in the tour procession (just ask Hoogerland, or Flecha, or BB...), they can not get back to the peloton without drafting, impossible.
please just let them race, stop with all the ridiculousness, seriously hurting cycling with all this BS
 
Jun 25, 2009
3,233
0
0
CobbleStoner said:
WTF!!! if they really don't want crashed/mechanical riders catching any momentary draft behind a vehicle, don't have any vehicles in there, a couple of camera bikes will do the job, way, way too many vehicles in the tour procession (just ask Hoogerland, or Flecha, or BB...), they can not get back to the peloton without drafting, impossible.
please just let them race, stop with all the ridiculousness, seriously hurting cycling with all this BS
He's joking;)
 
Nov 16, 2011
426
0
0
While we're at it, let's do retroactive drafting penalties as well. Analyze some of those world cycling videos and assess time deductions. I'm sure LA could be the poster child and have a bunch thrown at him. Contador too, as he hasn't been in the news much recently so need some flexing of the muscle to show who's boss.
 
Jun 12, 2012
87
0
0
CobbleStoner said:
WTF!!! if they really don't want crashed/mechanical riders catching any momentary draft behind a vehicle, don't have any vehicles in there, a couple of camera bikes will do the job, way, way too many vehicles in the tour procession (just ask Hoogerland, or Flecha, or BB...), they can not get back to the peloton without drafting, impossible.
please just let them race, stop with all the ridiculousness, seriously hurting cycling with all this BS
I think the Hog was being sarcastic (or trying to get a rise out of other readers)
 
Aug 29, 2010
298
0
0
I think the problem for Gesink was that he got dropped by the large chase group once it formed, and was penalised for the drafting he did after that. So he wasn't dropped from the crash and given a little leeway to draft to get back to a group, he was straight out dropped after getting back to the group that had no more cars to draft.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY