• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI 'Stakeholder' consultation - hope you can speed read

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yep, breathtaking is the only word for these guys.

Noted also in the CN piece on this that yesterday there was a UCI "consultation" in Switzerland with riders representatives, team managers, and race organisers.

I'd like to know who they were, and what their views and attitudes might be re: the other meeting taking place in London.

martinvickers said:
Seems MPCC and CCN have spooked Pat a bit

World governing body wants feedback from riders, teams, race organisers and sponsors (but not fans or media) and wants it by next Monday

You have to admit, the cynicism is breathtaking...

Of course, nothing to stop people claiming to be possible future sponsors - hell, wouldn't we all chuck in ten for a clean race?

On my command.

Unleash hell.

This initiative looks good regardless of whether Phat must leave office. Would have preferred to also see invites to a couple of big TV producers.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
This initiative looks good regardless of whether Phat must leave office. Would have preferred to also see invites to a couple of big TV producers.

Hope you're joking D&C! Good one if you are :)

Initiative! That's really funny :)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I see it as a good way for the UCI to find out who the trouble makers are now and make their move to remove them in one swoop.

Seeing how well the UCI handles anyone telling them bad news this can only end badly for anyone with any dirt.

Note: Trouble maker = anyone making cycling look bad no matter how true the info is

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
Does anyone remember the JV tweet about his Denver o/night to CCN and then onto Geneva ? Could he have been at the " UCI Meeting " also ?

Wonder where he stands on the current situation ?

Seems to me , that phat wants to get things done , before he finds himself on the crapheap !

CCN petition at 2130+ and growing SO YOU Anonymous People can add your weight , without worrying about " Discovery "!

CCN seems to be winning the PR Battle as i have seen GreG L. on several TV news shows but only a glimpse of phat's derriere . Commented earlier that there would be an after lunch offering , hick , from phat & co .

Circling the wagons in aigle will not help this time around !