• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UK Paper Considers Legal Action Against Cyclist

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
gooner said:
It will be similiar to Rocky V when Rocky filed for bankruptcy and the mansion and everything is gone.

The only difference being that Armstrong will be doing it in disgrace.

That's just the movies. It would really be grat if it were that way, but the reality is that he still has Livestrong. And even if Livestrong went down, and he stopped getting money, he would probably still have enough to still be a multi-millionaire. And even if his assets (houses, cars, private jet) were to be under threat of repossession, then he'd justs file for bankruptcy before it got really bad and still have all his properties, toys, etc..

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Big Daddy said:
That's just the movies. It would really be grat if it were that way, but the reality is that he still has Livestrong. And even if Livestrong went down, and he stopped getting money, he would probably still have enough to still be a multi-millionaire. And even if his assets (houses, cars, private jet) were to be under threat of repossession, then he'd justs file for bankruptcy before it got really bad and still have all his properties, toys, etc..

He'll still feel it, big time. One just gradually lives larger, buys more toys, drinks fine wine, when they got more $; the rapid transition backwards is very very painful.

gooner said:

this is pretty much like christmas. I mean, smugness and gloating is something I don't normally get excited about or indulge in, but so many of us have known for so many years what has been going on, that all of the stories coming out in the report aren't a huge surprise. But it's so, so nice to see all the talking points debunked now by major news media, and the truth about witness intimidation etc becoming publicly accepted. Herman and Fabiani are grasping at straws if their main attack on the report is that witnesses signed their affidavits after Armstrong had already given up, yeesh. The sport's biggest bully is getting beaten up, and I find it entirely satisfying.

Once upon a time you dressed so fine
You threw the bums a dime in your prime, didn't you?
People would, say, "Beware DBag, you're bound to fall"
You thought they were all jealous of you
You used to laugh about
Everybody that was speakin' out
Now you don't talk so loud
Now you don't seem so proud.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
orangerider said:
He'll still feel it, big time. One just gradually lives larger, buys more toys, drinks fine wine, when they got more $; the rapid transition backwards is very very painful.

That´s true. Better been always poor than poor-rich-poor fast. That is hurting/depressing. Own experience at very very small proportions compared to LA.
He will suffer big time. :D

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
King Of The Wolds said:
Me too. I joined the dots on Drago - the size of the guy, the doping scene behind the Iron Curtain at the time and, the real biggie, the training camp in Tenerife - and didn't watch out of protest.

It would be quite ironic watching that now as a young and naive teenager I thought Sylvester/Rocky was natural.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Big Daddy said:

There's plenty of celebrities who had this much money and toys, and yet found a way to lose it all.

snackattack

BANNED
Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I have made that point before. It is funny. He is trapped.

30.jpg

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I seriously doubt anything will ever come of this. Why? Because I suspect LA had a hand in introducing Murdoch's new cycling superstar to . . . success, let's say. But even if he didn't have a direct hand in it, LA knows where the bodies are buried and you know he won't hesitate to blow the lid . . . Sky high.

It's late here, I'm in bed about to go to sleep, using phone, so I'm not doing my usual exhaustive indepth research before posting ;) but what about Emma O'Reilly? Didn't he sue her? And make extremely disparaging remarks that really are slanderous?

She should go for the jugular. Hell hath no fury....

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
sittingbison said:
It's late here, I'm in bed about to go to sleep, using phone, so I'm not doing my usual exhaustive indepth research before posting ;) but what about Emma O'Reilly? Didn't he sue her? And make extremely disparaging remarks that really are slanderous?

She should go for the jugular. Hell hath no fury....

He sued her, personally.

And for anyone that ever asked he called her an "alcoholic prostitute"

He wasn't shy about calling her that, over and over and .....

May 14, 2010
Visit site
purcell said:
He sued her, personally.

And for anyone that ever asked he called her an "alcoholic prostitute"

He wasn't shy about calling her that, over and over and .....

I hope she lets him have it with both barrels.