• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Unoffical I love Versus thread

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Their announcers are great. Their coverage is great. They are all about Lance Armstrong. Their commercials from companies I haven't ever heard about are interesting. They were the springboard that put Lance on live tv across the United States. Oh, and they show the NHL. Anyone else here with me?

Yeah I spelled Unofficial wrong and it won't let me fix it

Clemson Cycling said:
Their announcers are great. Their coverage is great. They are all about Lance Armstrong. Their commercials from companies I haven't ever heard about are interesting. They were the springboard that put Lance on live tv across the United States. Oh, and they show the NHL. Anyone else here with me?

Thats pretty funny... intentionally funny, or not? you walk a fine line, Clemson.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Clemson Cycling said:

Stupid in, stupid out:(
No wonder we have a bunch of idiots on here:eek:

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Clemson Cycling said:
My dad's not a jackhammer (actually I don't think he has ever used a jackhammer but if he did he never told me about it). He is an environmental engineer that has a total obsession with road bikes.

He's pulling your leg, TFF.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Quick question *serious* can't remember if it actually was the way I think it was. When I watched NHL, I thought they had a lot less commercials.... Am I suffering from amnesia? :confused:

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I think there were less adverts during the NHL season. I think with cycling it depends on the stage. There don't seem to be many when the riders are climbing and battling it out and quite a few when they are cruising in the French country side. Maybe it is just me

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Clemson Cycling said:
Yeah I think there were less adverts during the NHL season. I think with cycling it depends on the stage. There don't seem to be many when the riders are climbing and battling it out and quite a few when they are cruising in the French country side. Maybe it is just me

I heard one of the commentators say that they should wait for the ads, when Ignatiev put in an effort within 10k... So they seem to have some control over it. I think I noticed the same, more ads in the first 1-2hrs.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
There's one thing going for Versus. I remember a time when most of the ads were for Subaru. Then for Saab. Now it's presented by Cadillac. At least I think that's a step up. No Mercedes Benz yet, though.

Cobblestones said:
There's one thing going for Versus. I remember a time when most of the ads were for Subaru. Then for Saab. Now it's presented by Cadillac. At least I think that's a step up. No Mercedes Benz yet, though.

Last year's Saab commercials where mind numbingly boring. I wish they still had the Bacardi Mojito ad from last year

A

Anonymous

Boleyn said:
Last year's Saab commercials where mind numbingly boring. I wish they still had the Bacardi Mojito ad from last year

And the Michelob Ultra commercials with that "Shine Shine Shine On.....yea" song that makes me want to carpet bomb night spots frequented by 20 somethings with disposable income and Rock and Republic jeans.:D

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestones said:

They do seem to be getting some more and better advertisers (besides say extense). Though a DVR saves me from having to watch any commercials.