Vaughters say RELAX!

Oct 25, 2010
3,049
2
0
First we've got Armstrong being a bedroom closer by saying it to Lemond's too-young daughter, and now we've got Vaughters trying to say it to us.
 
Sep 25, 2009
7,527
0
0
my positions on texas escapades are hardly a secret (to address the lemond kids in the op) but i think this thread is a troll considering barrus already closed a similar one. reported as such.
 

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
1,852
0
0
BotanyBay said:
First we've got Armstrong being a bedroom closer by saying it to Lemond's too-young daughter, and now we've got Vaughters trying to say it to us.
Where? Who? What?

Good times!:)
 
Oct 25, 2010
3,049
2
0
He may well close it, but I totally stand behind this statement. The good news is that today, we had two people say something (that had form and mass). Hushovd grew a pair today, and Kimmage's pair is well documented.
 
Oct 25, 2010
3,049
2
0
Managed crap.

roundabout said:
Yes, context please.
Vaughter's recent interview regarding Contador. Mister "I'll never get upset about doping" always stands in between the groups, preaching peace and not jumping to conclusions. But really, he's the oil slick behind the batmobile. Sent to slow everyone down and obfuscate the situation. I wouldn't be surprised if McQuaid himself asked Vaughters to get on the horn and get it out there that there is some improvement to the situation.

Context? Vaughters telling us to relax is like Armstrong telling Simone Lemond to relax when she got creeped-out after she caught him stalking her on Twitter.

Vaughters is the designated "anti-doping" guy the UCI sends out to "manage" the problem of doping. No one believes McQuaid, so they send Vaughters. Look at Kimmage's interview today. He's not accusing Vaughters of anything, but I'm willing to do so. Vaughters is the guy that the UCI uses to help "manage" doping (as opposed to fighting it). Vaughters has done a fine job of establishing a fake credibility with the press and the fans. Many of them consider him to the the voice of clean racing. And when they need the "big quote", many of the journos turn to him. But everything he's saying is just "managed crap" for a 100% managed situation.
 
Jul 29, 2010
431
0
0
So in other words, you're a Vaughters fan? :)

I look at it this way...Obama initially went to work in the innercity b/c he wanted to make a difference. After awhile, he realized you can't make a difference unless you're in a position of power. Thus, entry into politics.

Vaughter, likewise. He could sit outside the sport and wish there was a clean option for riders, or he could get involved. He now commands a multi-million $$ budget, provides employment for a lot of riders, and is the head of the AIGCP. I'd say all things considered, he's doing a lot more to promote clean cycling than ANY of us here...
 
BotanyBay said:
Vaughter's recent interview regarding Contador. Mister "I'll never get upset about doping" always stands in between the groups, preaching peace and not jumping to conclusions. But really, he's the oil slick behind the batmobile. Sent to slow everyone down and obfuscate the situation. I wouldn't be surprised if McQuaid himself asked Vaughters to get on the horn and get it out there that there is some improvement to the situation.

Context? Vaughters telling us to relax is like Armstrong telling Simone Lemond to relax when she got creeped-out after she caught him stalking her on Twitter.

Vaughters is the designated "anti-doping" guy the UCI sends out to "manage" the problem of doping. No one believes McQuaid, so they send Vaughters. Look at Kimmage's interview today. He's not accusing Vaughters of anything, but I'm willing to do so. Vaughters is the guy that the UCI uses to help "manage" doping (as opposed to fighting it). Vaughters has done a fine job of establishing a fake credibility with the press and the fans. Many of them consider him to the the voice of clean racing. And when they need the "big quote", many of the journos turn to him. But everything he's saying is just "managed crap" for a 100% managed situation.
Oh deary dear dear. You scare me.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
BotanyBay said:
First we've got Armstrong being a bedroom closer by saying it to Lemond's too-young daughter, and now we've got Vaughters trying to say it to us.
link? ......................
 

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
1,852
0
0
NashbarShorts said:
So in other words, you're a Vaughters fan? :)

I look at it this way...Obama initially went to work in the innercity b/c he wanted to make a difference. After awhile, he realized you can't make a difference unless you're in a position of power. Thus, entry into politics.

Vaughter, likewise. He could sit outside the sport and wish there was a clean option for riders, or he could get involved. He now commands a multi-million $$ budget, provides employment for a lot of riders, and is the head of the AIGCP. I'd say all things considered, he's doing a lot more to promote clean cycling than ANY of us here...
I have no problem whatsoever with you utilizing analogies to make your point. Others seem to have problems bringing such issues here.

As for your all things considered comment, is it ok if the NYPD is just corrupt some of the time?

Or if Dentists are just drilling non existent cavities when they need to make rent or payroll?

Or Lawyers only over billing a little bit? Accountants giving unqualified opinions when they should be speaking up because their firm is also getting a consulting deal?

What is it you're saying? There's a decent number of people here who've bought a nice Felt, or Garmin, or Power Tap..It's not like we owe JV anything except to tell him what we think. It's up to the powers in cycling to police the sport or suffer the consequences.
 
NashbarShorts said:
So in other words, you're a Vaughters fan? :)

I look at it this way...Obama initially went to work in the innercity b/c he wanted to make a difference. After awhile, he realized you can't make a difference unless you're in a position of power. Thus, entry into politics.

Vaughter, likewise. He could sit outside the sport and wish there was a clean option for riders, or he could get involved. He now commands a multi-million $$ budget, provides employment for a lot of riders, and is the head of the AIGCP. I'd say all things considered, he's doing a lot more to promote clean cycling than ANY of us here...
AIGCP, what an outstanding group of people looking out for clean sport

Robert Amadio (Liquigas-Doimo), Jean-Rene Bernadeau (BBox Bouygues Telecom), Johan Bruyneel (Radioshack), Luuc Eisenga (Rabobank), Bjarne Riis (Saxo Bank) and Eusebio Unzue (Movistar)
 
Jul 29, 2010
431
0
0
AIGCP is the only united voice the riders have. Who would you rather have running it? Someone who is (relatively) outspoken about the problem of doping, or someone who merely mutters "it's a bad day for cycling..." everytime a scandal occurs?
 
Oct 8, 2010
451
0
0
NashbarShorts said:
AIGCP is the only united voice the riders have. Who would you rather have running it? Someone who is (relatively) outspoken about the problem of doping, or someone who merely mutters "it's a bad day for cycling..." everytime a scandal occurs?
Vaughters has no signed contract with any professional cyclist that authorizes him to represent their interests in the AIGCP. Therefore, this group is nothing but an informal group that has no real power to bring about any meaningful change.

I can't think of a single thing Vaughters has accomplished through the AIGCP. His most recent issue he dealt with was trying to prevent the radio ban from coming into effect, and the UCI completely ignored his recommendation.

This is just another toothless club formed by dumb cyclists who have no experience in governance or policy-making skill set whatsoever.
 
Jul 25, 2009
1,072
0
0
The floggings will continue until morale improves

If someone decided to try to advance cleaner cycling from the inside, what would they do and say? I suggest it wouldn't be much different from what Vaughters does and says.

The level of animosity shown to JV, compared with other DSs, is utterly bizarre.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY