• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Velogames - Tour du Suisse

A

Anonymous

Velogames are doing a Tour de Suisse fantasy game as a practice for the Tour de France.

Anyone up for it?

Im not sure im not fantasied out after the classics and the giro.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Yep, picked my team already. Its a tricky one as you dont really know who's going there purely for training and who's going to have a real go.

A

Anonymous

ok. Forum mini league

I took twenty seconds over my team and have gone with random as random can be.

tsf mini league 07231422

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Not going to try hard with this one, would be too difficult anyway.

yeah I choose pretty quick.

The riders scores were terrible.

Matthias Frank @ 12 points :confused:
and a climber? I guess taking a climber jersey for a day constitutes as being a climber.

There were other bad ones too. The whole climbing selection was poor.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
What the... can someone explain how this game works?

It's pretty straight forward. And free.

You register. Pick your team (riders are grouped...all arounder, climber, sprinter, dom, wildcard) They have point values next their names.

You put together a 9-man team with 100 points or less.

At the bottom of your team roster you have the option to join mini leagues.

Add the codes TSF provided up thread and you'll be in the overall velogames league, the CN forum mini league, and TSF's league if you are so inclined.

The website explains how the points are awarded, stage, podium (down to 10th or 15th I don't recall, overall position, breakaways, assists...that sorta thing.

Good luck :)

A

Anonymous

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
yeah I choose pretty quick.

The riders scores were terrible.

Matthias Frank @ 12 points :confused:
and a climber? I guess taking a climber jersey for a day constitutes as being a climber.

There were other bad ones too. The whole climbing selection was poor.

I think it was a quick decision by velogames to put in a short week long competition just for people who havnt played before to get the feel of it prior to the tour de france. bit like the classics mini camp that ran at the start of the year.

gets new players a chance to check it out prior to the tour de france (which i assume will have a premium competition like the classics with cash prizes).

I think theyve done a really good job this year. Last years small problems seem to have been ironed out.

Im good at classics, crap at grand tours though.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
I think it was a quick decision by velogames to put in a short week long competition just for people who havnt played before to get the feel of it prior to the tour de france. bit like the classics mini camp that ran at the start of the year.

gets new players a chance to check it out prior to the tour de france (which i assume will have a premium competition like the classics with cash prizes).

I think theyve done a really good job this year. Last years small problems seem to have been ironed out.

Im good at classics, crap at grand tours though.
My thoughts exactly. Wont spend too much time on selecting teams I guess on this though.

A

Anonymous

Cobblestoned said:
Is this the one where people who pay have an advantage ?
They didnt do a premium competition in the giro.

They did last tour de france, about £1.50 or something, and the classics had premium, but that was as much to give free teams to compensate people who had premium teams in the tour which suffered some niggling problems.

no idea if they are doing premium in the tour or not. But they still do the free game anyway.

I personally dont mind paying a £1 or so to help with the running of the game. I see it more as a donation.

We can always make a rule for the tour of "no premium teams" in the forum league. So if you do have a premium team you have to create a standard team as well for the forum mini league.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
will10 said:
What advantages do premium teams have?

In the classics they had an extra 10 points to pick their side as well as an extra break in between races to select their rides. Eg Normal teams had to pick a side for 3 races in a row, they could pick a team for 2 races, then pick another team for the remaining race.

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
An unpredictable race and some wonky looking pricing and classifying of riders.

I guess I'll just pick riders I like and who sometimes climb well:)

TRENDING THREADS