Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 733 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ha, Nibali will NOT do Roubaix this April… That was clear… :-(

He is a great rider, which I always respected. But in this case, what he did is just bulls*it.

Talk some cr*p about the classics, „Bla, bla, bla, I‘m doing Roubaix“, and then, in February, he decides not to do Roubaix. Why has he even announced it? I was so happy to see him doing Roubaix this year, and now I‘m so sad and disappointed. Now I realize it was all a PR joke. We, as his fans (as a cycling fan, you HAVE TO be a Nibali fan), and the ASO as the company of Roubaix, now got disappointed - and ASO don‘t deserve that.

This is a really sad story. Nibali is such an honest guy - now, you cannot even trust HIS word any more. Sad for the community of cycling.

Suddenly, Cancellara came to my mind: he repeatedly talked about doing Liege and Lombardia to win, and not even once did Liege and Lombardia. I thought Nibali was more serious about his plans of doing Roubaix, and was bitterly disappointed today… :-( cry

Reactions: Sandisfan
Ha, Nibali will NOT do Roubaix this April… That was clear… :-(

He is a great rider, which I always respected. But in this case, what he did is just bulls*it.

Talk some cr*p about the classics, „Bla, bla, bla, I‘m doing Roubaix“, and then, in February, he decides not to do Roubaix. Why has he even announced it? I was so happy to see him doing Roubaix this year, and now I‘m so sad and disappointed. Now I realize it was all a PR joke. We, as his fans (as a cycling fan, you HAVE TO be a Nibali fan), and the ASO as the company of Roubaix, now got disappointed - and ASO don‘t deserve that.

This is a really sad story. Nibali is such an honest guy - now, you cannot even trust HIS word any more. Sad for the community of cycling.

Suddenly, Cancellara came to my mind: he repeatedly talked about doing Liege and Lombardia to win, and not even once did Liege and Lombardia. I thought Nibali was more serious about his plans of doing Roubaix, and was bitterly disappointed today… :-( cry
Ok, so your leading me to believe that ASO and the whole cycling community number one focus in P-R would've been Nibali, as to watch him nonstop instead of WVA or MVDP and DNF. Also, Nibali is still honest. He probably wanted to have a level of form in the Giro, which is difficult if you ride both Ardennes and the Spring Classics, you would probably be way too tired.

Reactions: Carols
Ok, so your leading me to believe that ASO and the whole cycling community number one focus in P-R would've been Nibali, as to watch him nonstop instead of WVA or MVDP and DNF. Also, Nibali is still honest. He probably wanted to have a level of form in the Giro, which is difficult if you ride both Ardennes and the Spring Classics, you would probably be way too tired.
OK, agree… :)

But I‘m still sad… I hope to see an even better Nibali at the Giro, then… :)

I said it before, he trolled us and he's going to do a freaking altitude training block to be dropped by 30 riders on Roche aux Faucons and then proceed to get a 15th place in the GC at the Giro and being dropped by average riders in breakaways at the Tour. Now he says classics in 2023 but in a year time we'll be here complaining about him going again for the GC at the Giro, at 50 he will still go for the GC at the Giro...

ASK THE COMMUNITY