• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vino and money. You know what talks...

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Came upon this article from an American site (thanks US forum people).

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/6536/Vinokourov-changes-Astanas-management-Yvon-Sanquer-out.aspx

So, since Vino's entrenched as an 'owner' or at least a patron for the team, does that not strike anyone as strange?

With all the chatter about getting dirty DSs, DRs, and Mgrs out of the sport (to help save the sport); how do you feel about Vino calling the shots? How do you feel about what he's doing? How about who he's signed for staff?

Looking forward to the forum response...

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I would bet that no one will be happier than Vino if Contador is banned and no TdF. That means he can be the GC guy. That guy should have his own team....

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
jasons said:
I would bet that no one will be happier than Vino if Contador is banned and no TdF. That means he can be the GC guy. That guy should have his own team....

Vinokourov and Contador will not be on the same team in 2011. It wasn't much press about it, so no wonder you hadn't noticed.

OT: I find it saddening. However, the UCI has no rules forbidding (ex?) dopers from being owners/managers, so it's to be expected.

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
jonjungel said:
Vinokourov and Contador will not be on the same team in 2011. It wasn't much press about it, so no wonder you hadn't noticed.

OT: I find it saddening. However, the UCI has no rules forbidding (ex?) dopers from being owners/managers, so it's to be expected.

If riders can't come back after serving their sentence then there is no hope for other riders for coming out and admiting and pointing to others. Keep in mind that alot of this is their life's work...

euphrades said:
If riders can't come back after serving their sentence then there is no hope for other riders for coming out and admiting and pointing to others. Keep in mind that alot of this is their life's work...

... then sooner or later, unless they are sociopaths, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Dave.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
What Vino really said was: "We 're going to part with him, that's the plan. Martinelli is the main DS as of now, and everyone else Shefer, Sedoun and others are his assistans, as far as i know".

As to his intention to become DS himself -- he has been saying this for almost two years now, in practically every single interview he gave.

Yet now it's re-packaged as if it's new fresh and hip cool news.

As usual -- people making up stories out of nothing, and idiots picking this up and discussing all the while wearing their intelligent faces on.
________
Automobile Museum

TRENDING THREADS