• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana (2.1) February 3-7

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Stage: 1 - 3 February : Benicàssim - Oropesa del Mar ITT, 16.25km

902c5c_95bd9f56a7c54b5490a4cd508feeb4cc.gif

Stage: 2 - 4 February : Castellón de la Plana - Fredes, 163.3km

902c5c_0632d12610684d278206f95c807fe844.gif

Stage: 3 - 5 February : Sagunto - Alzira, 173.5km

902c5c_47a40868beec4d44a737a1476902292b.gif

Stage: 4 - 6 February : Orihuela - Xorret de Catí, 141.3km

902c5c_3d34c739b611401881ddab2656c8c071.gif

Stage: 5 - 7 February : Valencia, 120.6km

902c5c_0d1d5c0a17c24cf7ab111621e3ee248b.gif

STARTLIST: http://www.vueltacv.com/#!equipos/ny5it

Great to see this back. After the return to multi-day racing of Madrid and the return full stop of Asturias, the signs that the moribund Spanish national calendar has started to regain some traction are there. Albeit it's easier to attract the teams for a February race before various other national calendars kick in. A pretty decent first route for the comeback of the race, what with having the final few days of the Vuelta it seems the region is getting rather back on board with the sport, which is good. And Xorret del Catí is always nice to see. I do wish that the profiles would use the same scale for each stage, though, mind.

Not bad, Fredes doesnt seem selective, but Xorret will provide that. Wish they had a hilly stages instead of one of the sprinter stages, but can't get everything. Looking forward to watch the first cycling of the season. I remember the trio of the 3 stage races in February in Spain from PCM 06 and they are all back now in some shape or form. Looking forward to whether Dayer can continue to his showing and Ion's early form as well, he could potentially do a really good result in Paris-Nice.

That is a decent route, I think. I don't think teams would appreciate multiple HC climbs in early February. The fact that there is a mini-climb in the ITT is good.

The organisers have been rewarded with a nice looking field. Let's hope they manage not to run over any riders.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Velolover2 said:
Xorret del Catí is a perfect climb for Purito. But he tends not to be in super shape that early in the season.

Same with Aru who peaks for the GTs.

I think we are going to see some underdogs being good in this race.
Aru wants to have a first peak for Pais Vasco, but you're right, he shouldn't be in top shape right here.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Purito will not finish in the top-20. He always uses 2 prep races to get into shape. From Tirreno we can expect the old Purito again.

Nice race, with a fairly good route. Xorret is always a highlight.

Re:

Arredondo said:
Purito will not finish in the top-20. He always uses 2 prep races to get into shape. From Tirreno we can expect the old Purito again.

Nice race, with a fairly good route. Xorret is always a highlight.

I would be surprised if he was pretty good on Xorret. Even if he isn't in shape, it suits him so well. Better than the Green Mountain stage which he won early in the season.

If I'm right super steep gradients don't really suit Aru, so I hope for a Rosa win. Purito would be my favorite but if he really isnt in shape yet I don't think he has a chance on Xorret, no matter how well it suits him.

edit: does anyone think dayer has a chance? At least he just won san luis

Gigs_98 said:
If I'm right super steep gradients don't really suit Aru, so I hope for a Rosa win. Purito would be my favorite but if he really isnt in shape yet I don't think he has a chance on Xorret, no matter how well it suits him.

edit: does anyone think dayer has a chance? At least he just won san luis

I think Ion will be their captain. He is pretty good on steep gradients.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Anderis said:
Apparently, procyclingstats can't decide what is Cannondale's final roster. They've switched 3 times between 2 versions in the last couple of hours.
In this case it was a f...up of Cannondale, who sent out wrong press releases.

Re: Re:

janraaskalt2 said:
Anderis said:
Apparently, procyclingstats can't decide what is Cannondale's final roster. They've switched 3 times between 2 versions in the last couple of hours.
In this case it was a f...up of Cannondale, who sent out wrong press releases.
Yeah, I see it now.

The final version is the one I like more. Dombrowski-Formolo-Rolland-Slagter will be an interesting combination.