• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2020: Stage 8 (Logroño > Alto de Moncalvillo, 164 km)

A not so long stage but with a tough mountain top finish.
Should be a day for the GC, but a breakaway might make it before that.

MQO0uO3.jpg

Profile:

vuelta-a-espana-2020-stage-8-profile-cc83219f2c.jpg

Climb to the finish:

vuelta-a-espana-2020-stage-8-climb-n2-d828ce65ec.jpg

GC:

srxMUKB.png

ElmMEpA.png

Youth:

bok3pYn.png

KOM:

RA5E8mA.png

:laughing:

Maybe I don't expect Carthy to shine as much but I don't expect him to fall out of GC contention completely either and either way Woods didn't have a crystal ball to know it in advance.

I don't expect Carthy anywhere near the podium by the time la Vuelta ends and from a few things I've read the organizers AND the Spanish Govt fully intends on the race going to it's completion. It sounds like they have at least 4 options for the final stage if they feel it's unsafe to race into Madrid.

Heard the whather is good be good in the weekend, how about today?

Anyways still think this is lil Richard Carapaz' to lose, but its around this time Mas should start being competetive, especially if it isnt 10 degrees and raining.
Cloudy skies, no rain, temperature around 15ºC.
Weather will be improving until Saturday. They may have some rain on Sunday, but temperatures will still be 15-20ºC in the valleys and a bit cooler in the high summits.

Short clip of today's climb. Road is protected from the wind, but tarmac is rough.

Dumoulin leaves Vuelta and focuses on next year
“Both our coaching staff and I think it is the best choice to get off the bike”, Dumoulin said. “At the start of the Vuelta I already felt tired and that feeling remained. It makes no sense for me to continue, because then I might put a strain on next season. It is not desirable to leave the Vuelta, but this is the right choice. We can all agree on that. With Primoz we are in good shape in the general classification. Hopefully the team can take home the win.”

TRENDING THREADS