• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a San Juan

Re: Lesser Known Race Results 2018

Vuelta a San Juan

rx7yCn8.jpg

San Juan got race because it had the money to put up, a TOur of Argentina would be great but for now its going stay regional. SOuth Americas are so underserved by world tour teams racin their. Nibali out already with a iffy tummy

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Re:

RedheadDane said:
Okay, "Fernando Gaviria", that bit I understood!
And... 80 KpH on flat roads? Surely... there's gonna be some sort of mishap with the speed-measuring. That's **** fast!
Has this turned into the San Juan Race Thread?
Hope not. I'd prefer it was kept for iinks to live racing.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
As expected. I need him to win 5 stages to get my CQ-team going. :p
Was it Keisse or Hodeg as the 3rd last man?
Hodeg, I think. Was a bit funny how desperate he was for Richeze to take over when he was done. Great job by both of them.

Edit: Seems like it was Keisse. Hodeg brought the break back in the last 20km. Cavagna led into the last km, then Keisse took over.

Re: Re:

Squire said:
Valv.Piti said:
As expected. I need him to win 5 stages to get my CQ-team going. :p
Was it Keisse or Hodeg as the 3rd last man?
Hodeg, I think. Was a bit funny how desperate he was for Richeze to take over when he was done. Great job by both of them.

Edit: Seems like it was Keisse. Hodeg brought the break back in the last 20km. Cavagna led into the last km, then Keisse took over.
Yeah ok, I figured it was Keisse after the Gaviria interview, the article I linked to. And yes, he was completely done which him being sick probably explains :p