• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta Andalucia 2012. feb 19th - feb 23th(2.1 UCI Europe Tour)

http://www.vueltaandalucia.es/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=136

San Fernando - 6 kms prologue.
19th Feb.

altimetria_etapa1.jpg

Stage 1. Zahara de los Atunes - Benalmádena.
197.9 kms.
20th Feb.

altimetria.jpg

Stage 2. Málaga - Alto Santuario ntra. sra. De Araceli.(Lucena)
144.7 kms
21st Feb.

altimetria.jpg

Stage 3. Montemayor - Las Gabias.
157.1 kms.
22nd Feb.

altimetria.jpg

Stage 4. Jaén -La Guardia de Jaén
135.7 kms.
23rd Feb
altimetria.jpg

Teams.
Euskaltel Euskadi.
Spidertech.
Movistar.
lotto-bellisol.
RadioshackNissan.
Vasconsoliel
Rabobank.
Accent-jobs-willems verandas
Katusha
Andalucia.
Caja-rural.
Cofidis.
Saur-sojasun.
Netapp.
It41.
Nsp-ghost.

mapa_etapas.jpg

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Stage 2 the decisive one. Markel Irizar won't win this time. Valverde seems the most logical bet.

Yeah, Valverde and Anton should do well there, seems like that last km is @about 10%. However Valverde definitely has edge on Anton in the prologue, plus he's already shown form earlier on, so he's a logical choice for the overall.

I take it this year's route is different from last years, since last year it was all sprints and reduced sprints it seems

I find that funny as hell. Whole Rabobank seems to be riding backwards and indeed, Kelderman is probably the only one with good shape, and they dont let him ride anything.

Probably being 'careful' with youngsters again. Because that payed them so much dividends over the years :eek:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
I find that funny as hell. Whole Rabobank seems to be riding backwards and indeed, Kelderman is probably the only one with good shape, and they dont let him ride anything.

Probably being 'careful' with youngsters again. Because that payed them so much dividends over the years :eek:
Disappointed fanboy? Gesink returns earlier than expected, logically they let him ride, someone has to make way, and it's the one who already has had some racing.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Disappointed fanboy? Gesink returns earlier than expected, logically they let him ride, someone has to make way, and it's the one who already has had some racing.

What other race are they sending Kelderman to then? I remember him being disappointed on twitter after he heard he had been replaced.
To be honest, they could have sent Gesink to Algarve as well.

Ps: shouldn't you correct his grammar mistake? ;)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
only people who can't win arguments correct grammar mistakes :p

It's a little inside joke, I'm sure Youngest understands it :p I make that mistake as well when writing hastily. But anyway, if you know Kelderman's program feel free to post it. If I'm going to follow a young Dutch talent, I might as well follow the best one :eek:

He reminds me of Link from the Zelda games by the way. Or some random Japanese anime dude.

Ruudz0r said:
Moreno Bazan will impress (again)

Javier Moreno has been impressing for a couple of years now, with Andalucía in 2010 and even more with Caja Rural last year.

Sergio Pardilla won on the climb into La Guardía de Jaén in the 2010 edition, maybe he'll have a tilt at it for Movistar too.

This is a race that quite often I'm disappointed by the parcours of, but this looks like a good route. 2010's had that one MTF, but then a 15km ITT that was way too long to avoid settling the GC totally. It could have been a better race but all the Spanish teams bar Andalucía boycotted it for reasons I've now forgotten. 2011's was all about the reduced bunch sprints.

The guys like Freire still have their chances here, but the route says they might be heading in the direction of a Spanish Tirreno-Adriatico, with short, punchy finishes and windy coastal stages meaning a variety of Classics men can get a runout. I like it.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
It's a little inside joke, I'm sure Youngest understands it :p I make that mistake as well when writing hastily. But anyway, if you know Kelderman's program feel free to post it. If I'm going to follow a young Dutch talent, I might as well follow the best one :eek:

He reminds me of Link from the Zelda games by the way. Or some random Japanese anime dude.

he is what happens when goku and merckx breed. :p

curious to if he races ta or pn, somehow I expect he wont.
I bet he riders Volta Catalunya.

Tho I'm not sure I haven't seen a calander or program for wilco.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
he is what happens when goku and merckx breed. :p

curious to if he races ta or pn, somehow I expect he wont.
I bet he riders Volta Catalunya.

Tho I'm not sure I haven't seen a calander or program for wilco.

So that's pointy yellow hair combined with an Elvis hair style(Merckx in the seventies), I wonder how that looks like :D

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Just saw the official start-list, and it is official - Denis Menchov is riding Vuelta Andalucia. So obviously my previous post where I've listed some of the favorites is no longer valid, they might as well crown Denis the winner now, cause he's gonna destroy the field into pieces

Fetisoff said:
Just saw the official start-list, and it is official - Denis Menchov is riding Vuelta Andalucia. So obviously my previous post where I've listed some of the favorites is no longer valid, they might as well crown Denis the winner now, cause he's gonna destroy the field into pieces
Yes...because Menchov is well known for his early season form