• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta Dope Bust!!

So impressed with the civic-mindedness of the member of the public who tweeted/DM'd the Mossos d’Esquadra to narc on his/her compatriots!! :rolleyes:

Well… if it is illegal...
A more nefarious explanation could be that whoever told the police has their own hash plants and either:
A: Didn't want competition on the (black) market.
2: Simply wanted to draw attention away from themselves.

Reactions: joe_papp and wirral
You've never been to Ballard or Portland. That is a personal consumption amount.

We can't even get medical here in the UK despite being the worlds largest exporter of said product and indeed ex PM May's husband's investment company has a big investment in it and a recent drug zcar minister's husband was the CIO of the company growing the stuff. You couldn't make it up. Reefer madness is the rigour ....

I'm still amazed at how quickly we're seeing legalization in the U.S. I honestly never thought we'd have same-sex marriage and weed become legal so quickly, not in a "Christian" nation.

It's just too bad in live in NC, where I can't even buy liquor on Sundays or after 21:00.

Reactions: joe_papp
You've never been to Ballard or Portland. That is a personal consumption amount.
I hear you on that one, sort of.

I live in Oregon, and while we had passed the legalization of marijuana law a while back it still strikes me as odd when I see some local pot shop advertising their various strains and flavors of foliage.

You must take into account that I worked in a head shop in Seattle a couple (or three) of decades back where a spliff was still illegal .... technically it was mostly a t-shirt shop. But behind the sacred walls that weren't for the cops to see in plain sight were the most excellent selection of bongs and "water pipes"! Heh.

Back on topic - carrying an ounce of weed for your own (or sharing) consumption I think is okay. But once you start mass growing it we get into the grower&dealer/taxation of grower&dealer part of things. So that is where things get a bit dicey where Mary Jay is being grown legally.

Last edited:
I'm still amazed at how quickly we're seeing legalization in the U.S. I honestly never thought we'd have same-sex marriage and weed become legal so quickly, not in a "Christian" nation.

It's just too bad in live in NC, where I can't even buy liquor on Sundays or after 21:00.
The major attraction is the tax revenue. That, and getting as much of the organized crime as possible out of the revenue stream.

TRENDING THREADS