• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta España 2023 stage 10, Valladolid - Valladolid 25.6km ITT

After a rest day, the riders will take on the only individual time trial of the race on Tuesday, which will bring them from Valladolid all the way to Valladolid.

Sorry if I ninja'd @Devil's Elbow

Starting times

vuelta-a-espana-2023-stage-10-map-830a09a36e.png

vuelta-a-espana-2023-stage-10-profile-9e56480c41.jpg

Does Kuss go for it, and risk that he still has the legs in the third week? Cause if he blows up, I can see Remco winning if Rog and Vingo just look at each other, waiting for the other to close a Remco move down. But if they are in sync then they can break Remco in the same way that they did Pog.

Reactions: Carols
Heart/Brain: Evenepoel domination
Dark Horse: Vinge domination
Meme potential: TT neutralized or Kuss dominates

Stage winner Evenepoel
10-30 secs Vinge
20-40 secs Almeida
40-60 secs Roglic
1-2 mins Ayuso, Vlasov, Mas
3-5 mins Soler, Kuss, Landa, and L Martinez
You are severely underrating Ayuso, Soler and to a lesser extent Roglic and Vlasov, and overestimating the time gaps on a 25k/28-ish minute course in general.

You are severely underrating Ayuso, Soler and to a lesser extent Roglic and Vlasov, and overestimating the time gaps on a 25k/28-ish minute course in general.
I did say domination to be fair and that’s what this would be. We’ve had three GT TTs be dominated by one rider so the odds are in favor of something crazy happening on Tuesday.
One or all of Evenepoel, Roglic, and Vinge could dominate tomorrow. Or it could be closer for everyone. Or something crazy happens to keep this streak going.

Last edited:
I did say domination to be fair and that’s what this would be. We’ve had three GT TTs be dominated by one rider so the odds are in favor of something crazy happening on Tuesday.
One or all of Evenepoel, Roglic, and Vinge could dominate tomorrow. Or it could be closer for everyone. Or something crazy happens to keep this streak going.
Even if Evenepoel dominates, no GC rider is losing anywhere near 5 minutes to him/4:40 to Vingegaard on a route this short.