• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

WADA approves four-year bans for doping, starting 2015

GOOD, WADA approves four-year bans for doping. 2 year bans may not be enough deterrence. Banned riders are lurking in the background and sidelines waiting for their slap on the wrist to stop stinging. This ban may have the effect of getting the cheats out of the picture.

But why wait till 2015?

The GCW said:
GOOD, WADA approves four-year bans for doping. 2 year bans may not be enough deterrence. Banned riders are lurking in the background and sidelines waiting for their slap on the wrist to stop stinging. This ban may have the effect of getting the cheats out of the picture.

But why wait till 2015?

I agree. Like you, I'm curious as to why they need to wait til 2015, what's the point?

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
I agree. Like you, I'm curious as to why they need to wait til 2015, what's the point?

[Tinfoil Hat]
Theres a winter olympic in Russia in '14
[/Tinfoil Hat]

edit: or maybe they have a current deal that runs through 14 :)

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
The GCW said:

But why wait till 2015?
good questiom.
to give the dopers a headstart, i.e. time to anticipate, perhaps.
wada is aware that 90 percent of elite pros is on the juice.
decisions like this have to be brought with caution.

anyway, shows at what pace antidoping is developing.