• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Watching giro d'italia stage 20

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi can anyone help?

I'm planning to visit Italy to watch stage 20 to tre cime laverado, I have booked car hire and have somewhere to stay after the stage but was wondering what time the road would stay open to on the morning of the stage or would I need to drive up the night before?

Has anyone watched/have experience watching the giro?

Any help gratefully received

Wronggun said:
Hi can anyone help?

I'm planning to visit Italy to watch stage 20 to tre cime laverado, I have booked car hire and have somewhere to stay after the stage but was wondering what time the road would stay open to on the morning of the stage or would I need to drive up the night before?

Has anyone watched/have experience watching the giro?

Any help gratefully received
HI!
I'm afraid I don't know. You should maybe try ask for detailed info to the Tourist Consortium of Auronzo. On their site it looks like on the road to the Tre Cime will be forbidden to park cars, so you'll probably need to get there by bike or feet anyway.

The last 4 km of the road (from ~1.5 km after Misurina) is a toll road. Cars have to pay quite some money (can't remember if it's 12 or 22 €) to get through.
In any case, I think the road will probably be closed for cars on the evening of the stage already - I already saw a couple of campers in Misurina on Wednesday (yes, 10 days in advance). Easiest way to get up on the day would be by bike... easy in terms of getting through road closures, certainly not in terms of physical exertion.

TRENDING THREADS