• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What are Valverde his intents?

Is Valverde really gonna do something?

• Bigger chance that vino will jump out of the astana car and attack.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Valverde and Porte have no balls to do anything...they realise they'll never get a podium chance again. Next year you'll have Froome, Contador, Nibali and Quintana almost certain to make up the top 4 so this is their only chance.

Alcanelo said:
Valverde and Porte have no balls to do anything...they realise they'll never get a podium chance again. Next year you'll have Froome, Contador, Nibali and Quintana almost certain to make up the top 4 so this is their only chance.

Yeah, with Porte being a good TT'er i am concerned that Team Sky could end up chasing down attacks from other teams rather than letting Astana worry about them. Not a fan of his but hopefully Porte can put some time into Nibali today to spice things up - can't see it happening though.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
masking_agent said:
valverde is an "also ran" , he follows moves, instead of creating them, similar to teejay. He won't amount to anything in this tour.

I don't really follow teejay, but i do recall a small break last year up alpe d'huez, in 2012 he attacked with Evans in tow. He was in the stage 8 break at CD. I have more hope in Teejay than Valverde.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
He's on the verge of his first ever podium in the Tour, no way he's going to put that chance in danger.

The only moments of accelerating away from any GC's we'll see from him is if the GC's all come into the finish together and he sprints for the win.

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
To be fair, his attack was pretty gutsy and spiced things up. But he should have cooperated with Point in order to take more time for other rivals. They could have taken at least a minute on Tejay and Bardet.

For 9k they raced against each other, it was not until the last 2k that they started working together.

He certainly was not wheelsucker of the day, however. That title went to Rafal who used Leopold as his personal lift for almost the whole climb.

He said post-stage that he and Pinot simply had different interests. What? :eek: So, Pinot's interest was to go a bloc, while Valverde's was to... Yeah, what? According to Pinot Valverde said he he couldn't go faster and then attacked. Valverde is such a d-bag.

TRENDING THREADS