• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What can we not detect?

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I was just reading about repoxygen on Wikipedia, and the article said that it wasn't detectable. The most successful drug cheats are often said to be "ahead of the game", taking the newest drugs before they are testable. Ricco famously thought that there was no test for CERA in 2008.

So I was wondering - which other drugs can't be tested for at the moment?

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Caruut said:
I was just reading about repoxygen on Wikipedia, and the article said that it wasn't detectable. The most successful drug cheats are often said to be "ahead of the game", taking the newest drugs before they are testable. Ricco famously thought that there was no test for CERA in 2008.

So I was wondering - which other drugs can't be tested for at the moment?

We don't know, as we don't even know what other drugs are in the que. That's the bigger problem. We don't even know if we know about all of the drugs they've been doing.

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

Donald Rumsfeld

rumsfeld_1404848c.jpg

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the rider. If you're a low-profile rider, EPO is still number one. It's relatively cheap, simple to get, simple to use and simply the benchmark. More importantly, if you play it safe, the chances to get caught are small. It means not overdoing it, always before bedtime, and make sure it's never your first morning urine that gets tested (when they come in the morning, let your wife open the door, while you go to the toilet, then drink lots of water and wait for round two). If you don't and get unlucky, you'd probably end up like Frei, Sentjens and Galimzyanov.

If you're high-profile, you can't take that risk, but you may have the money and connections to get to one of the following products...

- AKB-6548
- PBI 1402
- ACE-011 (sotatercept)

These products are in the pipeline to become new medicines to treat (chronic) anemia. They are not on the market, not fully tested, studied and trialed, and not officially marked as (potential) PED's by WADA (yet)...

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
* Can't detect blatant lying, as in "Opps, I forgot I had a prescription for that PED that can be used for my X illness, my team doctor just forged... I mean forgot it when you asked for it and well here it is now."

* Can't detect Genetic manipulation.

* Can't detect CERA if a rouge chemist made it without the markers.

* Can't detect a certain doctor has improved the performance of every team he's worked with and his plethora of toiletries that aid performance.

errr....

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Nilsson said:
It depends on the rider. If you're a low-profile rider, EPO is still number one. It's relatively cheap, simple to get, simple to use and simply the benchmark. More importantly, if you play it safe, the chances to get caught are small. It means not overdoing it, always before bedtime, and make sure it's never your first morning urine that gets tested (when they come in the morning, let your wife open the door, while you go to the toilet, then drink lots of water and wait for round two). If you don't and get unlucky, you'd probably end up like Frei, Sentjens and Galimzyanov.

If you're high-profile, you can't take that risk, but you may have the money and connections to get to one of the following products...

- AKB-6548
- PBI 1402
- ACE-011 (sotatercept)

These products are in the pipeline to become new medicines to treat (chronic) anemia. They are not on the market, not fully tested, studied and trialed, and not officially marked as (potential) PED's by WADA (yet)...

The two first ones are small molecules and probably easily detectable (retroactively) when the structure is known.

TRENDING THREADS