• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What's going on with Astana?

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
What's with the Astana soap opera?

Lance is being Lance (everything is all about him, he ran the team not Bruyneel). Contador seems completely unhappy and says two of his team mates are his rivals (Lance and his puppy dog Levi). Lance says Evans is the tour favorite (lol, I'm sure Contador will crack under Evan's withering "attacks") not to mention Evans has no team worth talking about.

Contador seemed to be riding for Valverde (is he already trying to move to Caisse d'Epargne?)

And Bruyneel is under some illusion that this is all good for the team. Just like the old days. Lance runs the team if you ask me.

I hope Contador somehow escapes this mess. Too good a kid to have to put up with this crap.

BikeCentric said:
I think he will escape this mess by simply riding away from it.

To clarify: I think he's going to be so far head and shoulders above his Astana teammates at the TDF that if they don't close ranks and ride their hearts out for him as loyal domestiques they are going to look like complete idiots and will make themselves the laughingstocks of the cycling world. But don't take my word for it; we'll see in 3 weeks.

TRENDING THREADS