• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What's up with ..... ?

I want to start this thread because sometimes we would like know about a rider that as suddenly disappeared from the results and doesn't even start a race in some time. Some of the posters here have information about it or follow the rider more closely so I think this can be the place to share it with everyone.

So I'll start with one of my favourite riders that seems to have been a bit under the radar these days: Rafael Valls.
A very promising 2010 season including a podium in San Luis and 2nd on the stage to Station de Rousses behind Chavanel. Plus, he was visible in some other mountain stages attacking together with Sastre on Pailheres I think.
He followed that with a pretty invisible 2011 season and signed with Vacansoleil by the end of the year. This year he has been invisible again showing up today as 25th on Verbier. So anyone knows what's up with him and what is he aiming for, Tour, Vuelta?

TRENDING THREADS