• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Where to watch the race in...

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
... Rome, Italy

Sorry for spamming, but I thought something like this could be useful for a lot of people. (please move if I opened this in the wrong sub-forum)

Myself I am in Rome until the end of the month, meaning for all of the classics season. I don't have a television, and while E3 etc I was fine with watching on a crappy stream, I'd prefer the real deal for the races to come.
Anyone have any experience with bars where they show cycling here? Preferably where I wouldn't be the only one watching too.

Coming from Belgium where every single television next Sunday will be turned on and showing the race, even Italy is a culture shock to me...

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Buffalo Soldier said:
... Rome, Italy

Sorry for spamming, but I thought something like this could be useful for a lot of people. (please move if I opened this in the wrong sub-forum)

Myself I am in Rome until the end of the month, meaning for all of the classics season. I don't have a television, and while E3 etc I was fine with watching on a crappy stream, I'd prefer the real deal for the races to come.
Anyone have any experience with bars where they show cycling here? Preferably where I wouldn't be the only one watching too.

Coming from Belgium where every single television next Sunday will be turned on and showing the race, even Italy is a culture shock to me...

Well I think your only solution is to just bar hop and get a feel for the good cycling friendly bars. Plus then you also get an adventure while your at it!

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Buffalo Soldier said:
... Rome, Italy

eurosport player maybe?

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
gustienordic said:
Well I think your only solution is to just bar hop and get a feel for the good cycling friendly bars. Plus then you also get an adventure while your at it!
I know, that was my plan. But I did this in Italy before, and I was surprised by how hard it was to find anything decent, that's why I try here before.
(and I already had my fair share of bar hopping here, don't worry :D)

I was there a while back and found it pretty tough actually to find anywhere that had cycling on - and that was for GdL which as an italian race I thought might be more popular.

anyway - I am not sure if they had it (I ended up watching in my hotel room) but try the Scholars Lounge. They have a LOT of live sports and go all out for stuff.